Chessington 31/07/15 (Including pictures)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Morgan

Picture heavy!

It was originally planned that I was supposed to be going to Legoland after a hiatus of just over 2 years, but my plans changed due to a few complications. Instead, I went back to Chessington.

I arrived on-park at around 9:15am and collected a family and friends ticket with my annual pass. This is a very good system, where MAP holders can get family and friends into Alton, Thorpe or Chessie for £18. You get sent an email that you show at the ticket booth along with your annual pass. I would definitely recommend.
The gates opened at 9:45 and we went to Market Square to collect my disabled pass. It was obviously quiet but the atmosphere was great, I really had missed it since my last visit in May.

Our first ride of the day was on the Bubbleworks as my year-and-a-half cousin tagged along. The ride was in good condition but he didn't like it... He burst into tears as we entered the lift hill. Oh well, we knew that indoor rides where a miss from now on.
As always, I do the Transylvania attractions in two. So Vampire was the next ride, naturally. It was good and wasn't too rough. One thing that Vampire really struggles to do now is deliver an atmosphere, especially with the chandeliers sat next to the switch-track.

The next ride was Safari Skyway, which was relaxing as ever. My cousin thoroughly enjoy this ride. I also had a bit of banter with one of the ops, Peter (of Touch your Blaster fame) about dark-rides. Whilst I was in the relaxed mood, we went over to Flying Jumbos. My cousin enjoyed this as well, and it surprised me on how powered the ride was.

Next up was Dragon's Fury. This was my first time sitting at the front this year, and I can say that the back is better as you can't tell when the drop is. It was still a good ride nonetheless.

After a brief stint at the Penguin Bay show, we went for a spot of lunch. I had a Donut and, as other Merlin parks, it was delicious and I wasn't able to finish it!

We then went on Toadies Crazy Cars which was a great ride for younger children, followed by three laps on Sea Dragons- my cousin developed an obsession for it! I skipped out on the first and last lap- I was into taking pictures and videos of Fury.

After a wonder round Sea-Life and a look at the new glamping, I decided to take on the Kobra for the first time. It was good but forceless, painful and had a lack of airtime. However it was quite relaxing and isn't anything to be nervous about- it really isn't high. This was followed by another lap on Dragon's Fury before my auntie and cousin had to go home.

Dragon Falls had re-opened after being shut for an hour or two so we went on. It was better than I remembered- it is a relaxing ride and doesn't get you soaked. Tomb Blaster came after, what can I say? It's not doing too well. In one scene the music could barely be heard and the seats where vibrating, causing a loud bassy noise.

Zufari was good as always, but Vampire really wasn't. Compared to my ride earlier on in the day, it was incredibly rough, jolty and uncomfortable. I believe I was on Train 3, I wonder what that reminds you of? ;)

Kobra was on 15 minutes so I gave that another go as Monkey Swinger was shut. Then it was over to Rameses Revenge for my first go!

I nervously joined the queue and saw it flipping over and over, along with the fountains delivering a soaking. I sat front right as I wanted to avoid the fountains. Chh! The gondola started swinging before it locked into inversion after inversion, the forces kept pushing my head back and forth! The ride then got to the soaking climax (I didn't get wet), leaving many standing in awe. The ride ops then repeated the sequence... It really isn't anything to worry about, it's just a jolly ride!

Another go on Vampire (this time on the smoother train 1) before a back-middle Rameses. I was soaked to the skin and was until I got home. As I exited the park, I stopped by the new Captain's Fish and Chips. The food was great and respectable pricing.

All in all, the park is doing well but it needs to focus on fixing up both Vampire and Tomb Blaster if they intend to keep them for any longer.

Pictures!

Ridecount:

2 x Dragons Fury
3 x Vampire
1 x Bubbleworks
1 x Dragon Falls
1 x Canopy Capers
1 x Carousel
1 x Flying Jumbos
2 x Kobra
2 x Rameses Revenge
1 x Safari Skyway