Thorpe Park VIP Trip 09/07/2015

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Danny

WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY

So myself and the father visited TP for the day with a BTS Tour and Coaster Climb on The Swarm. The park opened at 9:30am but due to traffic we arrived at 10:15am. I was told prior that they were expected get around 10000 school kids in that day so wasn't looking forward to the queueing. Then we headed to the VIP Lounge to get on our steel toed boots, lanyards and Hi Viz jackets, and from there the day was amazing!
We met our VIP Host called Taylor, couldn't of asked for a better person to spend the day with, she knew her stuff when it came to just about every aspect of the park! We started our tour on Colossus, where we went in the Op Cabin to have a nose, and see how the ride works etc, and it's confirmed Colossus is getting a full repaint; then off to The Swarm Op Cabin, Stealth Cabin, Nemesis and some of the flat rides. They got us on the front row of every ride without queueing at all, which I thought was amazing and totally unexpected! She took us round to all the rides we wanted to do and no queues made the day amazing!

We done IAC because there was no queue, and to be honest I'm glad I didn't queue because I found it awfully tacky. The actors were poor, the 'trials' were lame and the whole overall experience lacked any atmosphere. Came out throughly disappointed.
It was a beautiful sunny day so Amity Beach was packed! Only the right side open still but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. However on the left side was a cordoned off area with these brand new huts, small sheds with what looked like velvet rope around them. I'm guessing this is something to do with Summer Nights/ Island Beats event, but thought I'd update as I was there one week prior and didn't see them then :)

Then 30 minutes before the park closed Saw the ride reopened! Such a great surprise but I had a good idea for our BTS Tour earlier on, and obviously no queueing for that either thanks to the amazing VIP Team at the park, who were amazing and definitely a huge credit to the park and Merlin as a company. I find it sad how they are all on such low wages, as they work so hard to make people's days amazing.

Then we had our coaster climb. I chose The Swarm but unfortunately there was a planned closure, so we decided to go for Nemesis Inferno, and I'm so glad we did. No harness! It was amazing, so much taller when your up there, amazing views of the park, London in the distance and the weather added to this incredible experience. Work is progressing nicely on the WC16 site, with a clear outline of the pit and building now taking shape!

a.though I lost count on the amount of rides we done that day, I know it was one of the best days on park I've had, with many re rides.
The pictures below are just a few from such a brilliant day, and I would recommend the BTS and Coaster Climb to anyone no matter what your knowledge of the park! VIP 10/10!