Alton Towers 12/05/15 and 13/05/15 part one

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Joshualuke89

Firstly apology for the essay here is day one I'll post day two later.

So it's been over 5 years I think since I last went to Alton Towers and my Partner has never been so this year for my birthday I thought let's do a trip to Alton Towers we stayed in one of the new lodges which was nice I'll put my thoughts on the lodge and enchanted village in the enchanted village topic.

We arrived on the Monday at about 3pm after a slightly delayed train journey and a longer than I remembered taxi from Stoke. Checked in had a spot of lunch at the crooked spoon then went to play some extraordinary golf to kill some time. After my win (yes) we popped back to our lodge to have a shower and get changed and had dinner at the crooked spoon a few mishaps but the service was good from some staff and they fixed the problems so all in all not a bad night.

Park day one now I'm excited, had a breakfast box delivered which was okay lack of spoons was a bit silly but we survived sharing the teaspoon in our room. We decided to take the monorail into the park which was fun I had forgotten just how far the walk to forbidden valley is though, once finally there we headed straight onto nemesis we were running a little late so didn't use much of ERT not that there is much to do anyway rode nemesis at the back then headed straight onto air didn't want to sit for back or front so just hopped on where available I actually really like air my boyfriend was a little scared but loved it after riding once almost lost my glasses when on our backs but otherwise a good ride brought a photopass so got a keyring of our air ride. Walked through the haunted hollow and had a go on duel me and my partner are very competitive so I actually really enjoyed duel with him even though I lost! We then took a nice walk over to dark forest just in time for 11.

We joined the Rita queue but realised it was huge so decided to do 13 instead as it was walk on. I forgot oh much I enjoy 13 wish the outside section was longer though as it's all over a little too soon for my liking. Rita's queue was still huge so we went on Charlie for some fun I used to quite enjoy this but it is just a little dull I think even some children would find it a little boring but maybe that's cos I've done it too many times.

Getting hungry now so went to mutiny bay and ate at the Mexican Catina. Mine was nice boyfriend got wrong thing twice lol not his day but still food was nice not as good as I remember it being before but none the less can't really complain decided to the the flume followed by rapids got really wet on both which was fun got some good photos too then headed onto runaway mine train for some fun actually really enjoy this ride brings back lots of memories from when I visited as a kid. Decided to give nemesis sub terra a go as I've never done it before I hate drop rides but thought I can't comment if I've never been on. It was enjoyable for what it was the lift scenes were fun and I avtually enjoyed the whole thing with the drop the back poker is quite rough though the maze at the end was okay no actors which would have made it better if probably go on this again but not something I'd re ride over and over. We were going to the water park at 4 and so didn't have much time left so decided to do sonic spinball which I always enjoy then headed to the smiler as the queue was now only 10 mins.

Now the black hole is the first alton towers ride I ever rode so was really hoping I'd like this ride as it stood in the black holes home. Needless to say I really enjoyed it the queue is fun I love the theme tune and we got on front row straight away which was great tbh I loved it I didn't find it rough at all and loved that it's a long coaster but it doesn't get boring for me which was great,my boyfriend loved it too. 3 o clock now so we got the monorail back to the hotels to get our stuff for the waterpark.

I've never visited the waterpark before we paid for the after school swim £7.50 for two hours. Which I didn't think was bad it was quiet which was nice. We headed straight onto master blaster which was really fun and no queue so all was good we then did rush and rampage both fairly fun too. Annoyingly they closed the outside section at 4 so they were the only slides we could do so next time I'll go in earlier to explore the outside and other slides too.
We chilled out I the pools and rapids for a while then did the slides again played in the tree house thing like a pair of big kids before one final go on master blaster I would probably go again just to ride master blaster. I think it's a nice water park really clean but not that much to do really we were there just under two hours maybe in a bigger group would have more fun but I would go again.

Popped back to hotel for a shower and change before diner we ate at flambos as secret garden was full for the times we wanted didn't think that much of it really quite expensive for what it was but I guess you live and learn. We them spent a fortune in the arcade before a good nights sleep to get ready for day two.