Disability Ride Access Pass Entitlement

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

So, I'm going to Towers this coming Wednesday with family and a friend who has slight aspergers and is aware that he should be entitled to getting the disabled pass. To ensure that we don't arrive assuming that he can get the pass, and then is unable to, would anyone be able to outline; firstly is he entitled to it, and also what documentation he needs to bring? He has a registered disability card, and a document from his school which outlines his condition, so is this suitable?

If he does manage to get the pass, does that mean the whole of our group (of 4 people, including him) can 'accompany' him on the ride and get on the rides through the disabled entrance, or is it restricted to only one person?
Kirsty25

Find the Resort's Disability guide/leaflet here which seems to answer most of your questions :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I did have a look through that, however I was hoping someone who has been through the process may have a clear understanding of it, and be able to give clear answers.
Rocket

The disability band is usually available to autistic children who cannot understand the concept of queuing.

The band allows 1 band holder and 3 carers on each ride (so 1 row on smiler,nemesis or air, or the back 2 rows on Rita,13 etc)

Hope this clears anything up.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Okay, I would say he more fits into this category - 'Have difficulties with everyday social interaction', does the same idea apply?
Rocket

I believe so
If your not sure then Email towers to check if he is entitled before you visit
I have a friend with asperges who is entitled to the access pass.
marita

As long as you have documentation i.e disabled letter from DWP or a blue badge then yes you will get ride access x have a good time x
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Okay, I went today, and my friend managed to get the Ride Access Pass which was put to good use throughout the day. They didn't seem to be so strict on the required documentation, as the Disability leaflet made out, and I think they simply looked for anything that states that you have a Disability. Also, he was allowed to take an additional 3 people on with him, as his 'helpers'.

Hope this helps anyone, who has similar queries to what I had originally.