Resturants Near Alton Towers

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Lotty

Hey guys wondered if you could help me, I come to Alton every year and stay in the hotel and am quite happy to eat in the hotels, but im coming up in April with a group of 10 people who are a little more fussy and bit more tighter on the purse strings.

So.... Does anyone recommend any restaurants within the Alton area about 15 mins drive away at the most. Like a Chinese resturant or beef eater kind of thing?

Thank you 

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
Kirsty25

There's a pub not far from where I stay (A mile from the theme park) http://www.thestarinnatcotton.co.uk/ Don't know about food costs though but the website says they serve food, you could ring them and see though
Hmv

Would you like to pay chain pub prices for just a nice simple meal? Or a bit more for independent pub/restaurant food??
Lotty

Don't really Mind, Nice food at decent prices rather than £20 for a tiny steak lol

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
stebbs81

In the close town of Uttoxeter, there is a retail park with a Frankie and Bennys, KFC and a pub, I think it's called the Dapple Grey, which I think is a beefeater kind of place. We ate in pub in Denstone called The Tavern. The most amazing fillet steak but also slightly expensive and you have to book! x
mousch

Kirsty25 wrote: There's a pub not far from where I stay (A mile from the theme park) http://www.thestarinnatcotton.co.uk/ Don't know about food costs though but the website says they serve food, you could ring them and see though
I have eaten at this pub,very nice food at a reasonable price