The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Kirsty25

half an hour to 45 mins for everything except the smiler - though blivvys queue will probably be quiet first thing for people queuing for smiler ;)
Alex.D

I think it will be busy on the weekends the next few weeks, weekdays less so as school is back on. :( I don't like school.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
NecronomiconUK

Any thoughts on likely levels of busy next Tuesday (11th)?

Still thinking of what order to do the park, thinking The Smiler might be just too mental first thing in the morning.
Kirsty25

NecronomiconUK wrote: Any thoughts on likely levels of busy next Tuesday (11th)?

Still thinking of what order to do the park, thinking The Smiler might be just too mental first thing in the morning.
I'm there 10-12th and hoping it will be quiet ish... busier than the same time last year but quieter than the weekend. I'm gonna try for The Smiler first thing, as I've heard its a slightly smoother ride first thing but I shall see. Maybe I will see you there!
SamSimkin

17th July.
Going with school
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
jdjones

Which day is best to visit this week, tomorrow (tuesday), wednesday or thursday?

Thanks
Dan

jdjones wrote: Which day is best to visit this week, tomorrow (tuesday), wednesday or thursday?

Thanks
Wednesday and Thursday tend to be the quietest weekdays, however with The Smiler being open and Sun free tickets starting it may still be moderately busy no matter what day you go
jdjones

nicksy111 wrote:
jdjones wrote: Which day is best to visit this week, tomorrow (tuesday), wednesday or thursday?

Thanks
Wednesday and Thursday tend to be the quietest weekdays, however with The Smiler being open and Sun free tickets starting it may still be moderately busy no matter what day you go
Thanks.

If we ignore Smiler queue, how long would the queues be on average for the other big rides on Tues/Weds?
Dan

Thanks.

If we ignore Smiler queue, how long would the queues be on average for the other big rides on Tues/Weds?
At a guess 45 minutes max? Its total guess work at the minute so I'd go prepared for long queues, then if its quieter than expected then you won't be disappointed
mikecloud1984

No one answered me a few pages back so I'll try again.

Booked up for October 1st - it's a Tuesday.

Am I right in thinking that the park should be quiet for us? Schools, colleges and Unis all back?
Kirsty25

I would guess so but I haven't ever been in October...
mikecloud1984

Kirsty25 wrote: I would guess so but I haven't ever been in October...
Thanks Kirsty - but does anyone else have a guess? Who else has been in October (apart from Fright Nights)
chizzer2003

mikecloud1984 wrote: No one answered me a few pages back so I'll try again.

Am I right in thinking that the park should be quiet for us? Schools, colleges and Unis all back?
Have been in October before, usually go October 6th as it is a school training day (a wednesday). Absolutely dead. Once me and my mates got on 24 rides, with no queue above 10 minutes (Air). Presume it would be busier this year due to The Smiler but nevertheless, best time to go in my opinion... if the weather holds.
mikecloud1984

chizzer2003 wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote: No one answered me a few pages back so I'll try again.

Have been in October before, usually go October 6th as it is a school training day (a wednesday). Absolutely dead. Once me and my mates got on 24 rides, with no queue above 10 minutes (Air). Presume it would be busier this year due to The Smiler but nevertheless, best time to go in my opinion... if the weather holds.
Thanks!

I have been on a rainy day before - on Nemesis it felt like people were stood next to the track throwing buckets of water over us! Savage - but dry clothes at the end of the day helped!
jackchappers

Last minute advice! I can visit either tomorrow or next Tuesday 11th June but not sure which to go for  :? Will it really make that much difference with The Smiler being open now? I've just noticed over the last few days on ridetimes.co.uk that some of the queue times seem excessively high for what is now term time (50-90 mins for much of the day) ... wondering if some schools are still off and making this week busy so maybe Tuesday will be better??

If anyone has any thoughts they would be very much appreciated thanks  :D

Jack
jdjones

jackchappers wrote: Last minute advice! I can visit either tomorrow or next Tuesday 11th June but not sure which to go for  :? Will it really make that much difference with The Smiler being open now? I've just noticed over the last few days on ridetimes.co.uk that some of the queue times seem excessively high for what is now term time (50-90 mins for much of the day) ... wondering if some schools are still off and making this week busy so maybe Tuesday will be better??

If anyone has any thoughts they would be very much appreciated thanks  :D

Jack
Sorry, probably too late, but I would suggest to go next week. We went yesterday and arrived at 9:30, people queuing to get into x sector already, although The Smiler didn't open till after 11am, possibly nearer 12.

We went straight to Dark forest and rode Thirteen twice and Rita all before 11. We then headed over to Forbidden Valley, Nemesis queue was about 30min, Air was about 40 min, sub terra about 40min. At around 1400 we went over to X sector, the queue for the smiler was about 180min, queue was lining up outside x sector towards the towers. As someone mentioned that the single rider queue was quick, we checked it out, the queue line from the station to the single rider/fastrack/disabled split was full and it continued outside the smiler entrance down the hill towards the smiler game, not reaching the game but in that direction. We noted a guy in a blue top at the fast track/single rider split, he hadn't moved in the ten min we were there watching the ride. We went onto oblivion, queued 40min, when we got off we could still see the guy in blue, he was just about to go into the station. So single rider queue was at least an hour, but still quicker than the main queue.

A great day, but lots of scottish kids and manchester school trips. Next week should be better.
Nemesis8ofRita

I usually get the free tickets from The Sun for the beginning of November in between Scarefest and the fireworks; when it's nice and quite. But this time they've given me tickets for Friday 25th October, in the middle of Scarefest. Should I expect it to be heaving?
jackchappers

We decided to go next week so this info will really help us, thanks!
Lee

Nemesis8ofRita wrote: I usually get the free tickets from The Sun for the beginning of November in between Scarefest and the fireworks; when it's nice and quite. But this time they've given me tickets for Friday 25th October, in the middle of Scarefest. Should I expect it to be heaving?
As a general rule, the Sun tickets are given out when Towers expects a drop on that date in gate figures. However Friday 25th seems to fall on Halloween weekend this year, so I imagine it would be pretty busy.

Don't take this as gospel, park attendance prediction isn't an exact science  :lol:

~ Post moved to How busy will it be ....?
Last edited by Lee on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirsty25

jackchappers wrote: We decided to go next week so this info will really help us, thanks!
see you in the smiler queue on Tuesday then LOl