The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Pennywise

I would expect this coming weekend to be relatively quiet, as with the entire season so far really. Saturday will probably be slightly busier just because there's a much nicer weather forecast for that day but, in all honesty, it has quickly become fairly clear that everybody is waiting for The Smiler to open. Heck, there's not even the appeal of The Sanctuary now.

I'd anticipate it to be moderately quiet on both days this weekend. Longest queues 45 for Rita, 30 for Oblivion.
rossdeadmanz

How busy is Alton Towers usually on a Sunday? I'm asking because my free Sun tickets are for Sunday 16th June
Kirsty25

Sunday, post smiler opening... if the weather is nice pretty busy cos most uni's have finished by then :)
Mulcracker

Looking to go any day between 5th and 16th of June as we have a gap between exams then, just wondering which day would be quietest as I'm sure there will be lots of school trips, would people recommend the weekend over the midweek?  :)
Kirsty25

June shouldn't be too bad with school trips, My trip is planned for 10th/11th/12th and I went the same time last year and had minimal queue times (except for sub-terra which was 45 mins)
Liam-AltonTowers

Bit of topic but I'm going to Alton Towers on the 22nd of May which is a school day, will it be busy? Please tell me:)

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
jimm123

from what i can gather if "the smiler" is open by then i should guess it will be hectic mate, if not then youll prolbably be ok. Im going on the 6th and 7th so hoping it will be dead as the smiler wont be open yet (i hope)
Kirsty25

Liam-AltonTowers wrote: Bit of topic but I'm going to Alton Towers on the 22nd of May which is a school day, will it be busy? Please tell me:)
School day, might not be so bad but depends when students have exams/study leave IMO, general rule, not too busy in school time
Mulcracker

Thanks Kirsty  :)

Think we're gonna go on the monday as hopefully won't be too busy, should have passed my driving test by then so we can't wait  :D
ollboll9

How busy do you expect 16th of June to be? Any later and I'll be edging into school trip, uni finish, A level finish celebrations and generally better weather (hopefully)season, The Smiler should be open so that will add to it. Anything over 25mins queue I will deffo buy Fastrack and queue for everything else. Just as a quick plan I will leave my mum at the gate at opening, leg it to the Smiler (not even joking) and hope I catch queues under an hour and then head for the rapids and so on. Have lunch at somwhere near the sky ride station in cloud cuckoo land, Dark Forest, F Valley voila, sorry kind of whent off topic abit  :-l
Poop. Always
the smiler :-)

alton towers wont be that busy with every1 waiting to ride the smiler but the day when the smiler opens and after will be realy busy but alton towers will be realy quiet in the days leading up 2 it hope its helps bye!!
RAFFATOWERS

Hi, am planning a trip Wed 19 June, wil it be busy on that day? Thanks in advance.
Kirsty25

I would say the week beginning 17th June (if 19th is Weds) is going to be kinda busy but should be ok, especially if you go on the wednesday. The week after that you will start getting the school trips in attendance, uni students who have finished and college students who have finished exams.
Ladyofthelake

Hi,

Hoping for some advice on the best time to visit. Really want to go some time this year to go on The Smiler. Currently debating if I should go either May half term (possible Thursday) or the 1st or 4th week of the school six week hols (am restricted to school hols as I work in a school). I realise it will be busier than usual due to The Smiler but want to make sure I go at a time to make the most of my visit.

Any advice much appreciated!
----reece----

Hi. What u guys think ? How busy on the 28th may? Thanks
Kirsty25

----reece---- wrote: Hi. What u guys think ? How busy on the 28th may? Thanks
I would say busy esp if the weather is nice! Queues around the hour mark would be my guess.
mikecloud1984

No going to be able to make it up form Portsmouth until 1st October.

Am I right in thinking that this is going to be quiet?
Eimi

Do you think it will be busy 6th and 7th June?

It will be my first time at Alton Towers  :D can't wait, so I hope i'll be able to go on most of the rides.
kierannewcombe

Finish school on the thursday so am heading up on the friday! How busy do you expect it to be?

Credit to Lewis97
altontowerskid

Busy. For the reason stated in your post :)

...and maybe because the world's most anticipated ride is opening the day before.