The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
the smiler :-)

so i'm going to the park on the 3rd of July with my school and i'm just wondering how does everybody think the park might be on that day thank you

~The Smiler :-)~
Benji

Any one have any idea how busy it will be on Thursday 27th June? :D

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

the smiler :-) wrote: so i'm going to the park on the 3rd of July with my school and i'm just wondering how does everybody think the park might be on that day thank you

~The Smiler :-)~
Oh no, I'm hopefully going that day with my Sun Free Tickets, and was hoping for no school trips, in the nicest possible way ;) However, it's midweek so it will be somewhat quieter, but there will probably be other school trips and lots of people in Year 11 going, because we've broken up after exams.
SamSimkin

17th July?
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
Fish777

Saturday 22nd of June?
CoventryBee

SamSimkin wrote: 17th July?
Rammed. School trips galore. I'm going the day after for someone's birthday. Dreading the queues.
metalger

Hey, how busy do yous think it will be on the 1st July?
elliotashes

Hello, I wondered how long the queue at the park gates would be at around 1pm on Saturday the 27th of July? I am coming with a group of 30 and wondered whether it made more sense to buy 15 packs of Coco Pops and get %50 discount on entry or get the %35 discount on a group booking and go straight in.
JAMMYD777

How busy do you reckon it will be on Sunday 28th July bearing in mind it is the first weekend after schools break up. I heard the first week of the summer holidays is the quietest. I'm planning on going with some friends who only make it there once a year and I want to make sure they have the best experience possible. Also, any tips for the day regarding ride order as fastrack is not an option, they're a bit stuck for money at the moment?

Many Thanks
SW7:
Boogs

Hi, has anybody got any idea how busy it's likely to be  on tues 9th and wed 10th of July?
Not been since 2004, has the park changed much?
Cheers.
Fish777

Boogs wrote: Hi, has anybody got any idea how busy it's likely to be  on tues 9th and wed 10th of July?
Cheers.
Yes Boogs, the park has changed loads. And check out this website: http://www.towersalmanac.com/need_to_kn ... _dates.php
Lee

Therideman11 wrote:
Boogs wrote: Hi, has anybody got any idea how busy it's likely to be  on tues 9th and wed 10th of July?
Cheers.
Yes Boogs, the park has changed loads. And check out this website: http://www.towersalmanac.com/need_to_kn ... _dates.php
With respect, I wouldn't take the prediction timetable linked above as very reliable or even much of an indicator. It seems to think Alton Towers live would be quiet, and all weekends quiet too. In my experience weekdays during July are a nightmare with school holidays.
Chris90

Me and my friends are visiting on either Sunday or Monday this week. I know it will be busy on both but does anyone know which day is likely to be the quietest?
Burniel

27th/28th August?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Chris90 wrote: Me and my friends are visiting on either Sunday or Monday this week. I know it will be busy on both but does anyone know which day is likely to be the quietest?
Sundays have actually been some of the quietest days of the week, seeing as there aren't any school trips as there may be during the week, and of course on Monday. However, as the end of term draws near, and schools start to break up though, most days will be fairly busy, therefore it will become quite difficult to anticipate gate numbers.
Lee

lewis97 wrote:
Chris90 wrote: Me and my friends are visiting on either Sunday or Monday this week. I know it will be busy on both but does anyone know which day is likely to be the quietest?
Sundays have actually been some of the quietest days of the week, seeing as there aren't any school trips as there may be during the week, and of course on Monday. However, as the end of term draws near, and schools start to break up though, most days will be fairly busy, therefore it will become quite difficult to anticipate gate numbers.
Just to verify this, Myself and Michelle were on park on Sunday and the Smiler hit a queue low of 45 minutes. very quiet indeed.
Fish777

Can you? I didn't know that.
Minty-Towers

6th and 7th of august I need to SMILE
ollboll9

17th of October? hoping to get on the smiler in 30mins. :|
Last edited by ollboll9 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poop. Always
JammyBand

ollboll9 wrote: 17th of October? hoping to get on the smiler in 30mins. :|
I don't think 30 mins. Maybe 45-60 mins which is still very short for the smiler. Seriously, just do it. It'll be fantastic once you get on the ride.

ALSO, Im going on the 31st August. I believe I have picked the worst day of the year, havn't I? Anybody know how busy it'll be as I really want to know!
Last edited by JammyBand on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.