The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
stealthsmiler

Mid/end of may??? It will be during the week. I really want to go when its fully open but the weeks arent busy from school trips. It also has to fit in around college and exams so will have to be end of may. As im going with a friend who hasn't been before i would really like to know whens the least busiest so we can try to do all the big ones.

Also do you think we could get away with early/mid June????

Cheers
Burniel

Early-mid June on a weekday is the quietest theme parks get.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Gate numbers may slightly increase when CBeebies Land opens, however I can't see this causing it to be massively busier on park. I would expect that you'd still manage to get on all the major rides in a day.

Like you, a lot of people will be finishing their exams towards the end of May and into June, so they may also take this opportunity to visit the Resort at this time. It would probably be less busy if you go on a weekday in May, as the majority of GCSE exams won't finish until June and I can't see there being as many school trips in May.
stealthsmiler

Thanks, I also thought that May would be good due to it being very early in the season. I'll have to wait to see my timetable and when a get a day off and go then, hopefully late May/early June.

I remember my mum, auntie and cousins going a few years ago and rang me saying they had literally got on and off Rita 3 times without queuing at all, We just couldnt remember if that was May or June.

Thanks for the help!!!
JAMMYD777

How busy do you think it will be during the week of 24th - 28th March considering it is National Science Week? Also, what about Wednesday 2nd April? Many Thanks
SW7:
Ladyofthelake

JAMMYD777 wrote: How busy do you think it will be during the week of 24th - 28th March considering it is National Science Week? Also, what about Wednesday 2nd April? Many Thanks
I expect there will be a lot of school trips during National Science Week as the Alton Towers Education Department have been pushing the extra offering they are putting on, especially with the world record attempt for the largest science lesson on 28th March. It's difficult to say how many of these trips will be on the rides though.

Wednesday 2nd April should be a lot quieter with it being the week before the majority of schools break up for Easter.
JAMMYD777

Thanks for that ladyofthelake, it's much appreciated, however out of curiosity, how busy is Good Friday usually at the Towers. I've never been on a bank holiday before but I'm hopefully catching up with old school friends and the 18th April, Good Friday, is a day I'm looking at? Thanks in advance :)
Danny

How busy wil DLP be from 15th-17th April??
Kirsty25

JAMMYD777 wrote:Thanks for that ladyofthelake, it's much appreciated, however out of curiosity, how busy is Good Friday usually at the Towers. I've never been on a bank holiday before but I'm hopefully catching up with old school friends and the 18th April, Good Friday, is a day I'm looking at? Thanks in advance :)
I've been on Easter Sunday and it was horrendous - only got on 4 rides all day! I'd say Good Friday will be busy as it's School Holidays!
iburnthings

How busy does everybody think it will be this weekend? Its opening weekend right? Is it usually very busy on opening weekend? Obviously theres no big launch of anything new.
tori_swift

iburnthings wrote:How busy does everybody think it will be this weekend? Its opening weekend right? Is it usually very busy on opening weekend? Obviously theres no big launch of anything new.
Every opening weekend I've been to has been quiet, especially when there's no new attraction! The likes of Nemesis and Oblivion have been 5 minutes/walk ons :)
slugworth

How busy are bank holiday weekends? Are they more busy than normal weekends?

I can only go at a weekend, so Im wondering would it be worse on a bank holiday?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

slugworth wrote:How busy are bank holiday weekends? Are they more busy than normal weekends?

I can only go at a weekend, so Im wondering would it be worse on a bank holiday?
Most likely, yes. Although there may not be as much of a difference between a Bank Holiday Saturday and any other Saturday, I would expect the Sunday to be busier than usual, with people not having to work the day after.
Liam-AltonTowers

How busy will Alton Towers be this May? I'm planning on going on the 17th and staying over that weekend, will the start of May be less busy compared to the end of May and how busy will the waterpark be at that time. Just wanted to know if anyone's been before and knows.
Rockstar

Start Of May Will Be Busy But Not As Busy As Mid-May

Waterpark Should Be Ok-ish
Skellers

How busy do people think TOMORROW Tuesday 1 April will be? I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad as it's not school holidays but could be totally wrong?
Dan

Skellers wrote:How busy do people think TOMORROW Tuesday 1 April will be? I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad as it's not school holidays but could be totally wrong?
Tomorrow should be very quiet. Still early in the season and the schools don't break up for Easter until the end of the week. Most rides should be walk on with the exception of The Smiler, this will probably have a 60 minute queue when it opens but should get quieter during the day (I could be totally wrong but this is what I'd expect)
Liam-AltonTowers

Rockstar wrote:Start Of May Will Be Busy But Not As Busy As Mid-May

Waterpark Should Be Ok-ish
Thanks, so it's a good idea to ride The Smiler like as the very first thing to avoid the cues later on in the day?

Oh and would you say Sundays are better/quieter for visiting the theme park?
slugworth

What would the first may bank holiday be like (may 3/4/5th)? I figure it wouldnt be too bad since its not school holidays yet. Any thoughts?
Danny

April 10th/11th, Thursday and Friday in Easter holidays?