Too large for the rides!

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Mzjady86

Hi this is kind of embarrassing as it is so please I ask whoever reads this if you aren't going to be nice then just don't bother thanks.

Basically my husband and I are taking his daughter my step daughter for her first ever trip
to Alton towers in August. She is very excited she will be 12 soon. Anyways I am petrified that when we go I will be utterly humiliated. Why?? Because I am a larger lady.

Normally I don't care, I work with what god gave me I am not lazy or eat too much I just have a medical issue which doesn't allow me too lose weight easily.

I have read some of the topics in this forum and there are people worry because they are a size 16 wow I wish.

I am a size 24-26 depends where I shop. I have literally just ran down stairs and checked my chest width as I have big breast and broad shoulders also,  I am from 48 squished to 52 not squished.

I do not wish to be humiliated,  please help,  I have been to Alton Towers before however I did not go on many thrill seeking rides. I went on Hex and I was fine and slightly bigger than I am now I went on the mine train log flume and blade (pirate ship) was fine, however I queued for 2 hrs for spin ball got to front waiting for this girl smaller than me just try to get in but couldn't and that's it I ran. Also the ride kept breaking down.

I will not be looked at funny or treated badly for who I am however I am scared this will ruin my family's day.

What should I do??

Help!!!! Please thank you in advance :-)
Last edited by Mzjady86 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Just checking through the rides list I think the below list would be best suited (this goes on what I have seen in the past, and myself with a 46" chest)

TH13TEEN (Strong possibility)
The Blade
Nemesis (if you choose the big boy seat)
Oblivion (if you choose the big boy seat)
Enterprise
River Rapids
Hex
Duel
The Flume

Enough there to keep you amused all day :)

Also! Don't forget there is "test seats" outside some of the coasters you can try before you ride :)

And, check this http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-to ... ns-on-air/ there is some guide lines on the sizes for chests.
Last edited by Deleted on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mzjady86

Well thank you. I am going to give them a shot. I think and hope I will be fine. I am just worried is all. I mean my husband says I will be fine and we have been before however I can't help but have a slight panic.

Oh well I will let u all know how it goes because if I fit on any then anyone can.

Just don't want to feel like I am the biggest person in the world there can be some
Cruel people out there!! Walk of shame hopefully will NOT feature in our day out. :-) thanks again for the reply. X
Rob
Admin
Admin

I'm sure you will be fine. Hope you have a great day.

Make sure you come back and let us know how you get on as I know your not the only one who feels the way you do and I'm sure you will help and inspire other members.
scott.smith

Sub Tera, Rita and Ice Age 4D you should definately be able to go on with no trouble (Ice Age being perfect for the family), the only rides i would really avoid are Air, Spinball and childrens rides.

Hope you have a great day ;)
HFantasma

Hi, I'm a size 20-22 (depending on the shop) and I fit rides fine so I'm sure you'll be fine!
You may want to avoid Air, my friend who is the same size as me went recently and she only just fit in. It wasnt so much her tummy or chest area, it was her legs. But she used the test seat beforehand to avoid the walk of shame. If you feel unsure then use them as that's what they're their for and you can pretend to use it as photo opportunity to divert attention as well. But to be honest I really do think you'll be fine!
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!
Mzjady86

Please see my new post my trip report 14/08/12 - worried about being too large for rides. This is my experience x x