Europa-Park: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Ramius

When you buy the tickets online you don't have to wait at the cash desk.
Europa park does not offer a fast pass.
Evikyp

Thanks Ramius. I looked in the official site of Europa and it gives me 2 possibilities:to print the tickets or having post it by mail. If I print it, do we have to change them in cards at the entrance?
Ramius

At the german homepage Europa park writes that you can directly enter the park with the printed tickets.
The printed tickets have a barcode that is scanned at the entrance, so it is not necessary to change the tickets into cards.
Jubby

I'm wondering about taking a trip for new years eve. Has anybody been at this time and will it be a lot busier? i.e. is 2 days enough to do everything when its that busy?
Sounds like they have good throughputs, but it looks like they make a big deal of NYE, so thought i'd ask.
After reading though above posts i'm guessing that the hotels might be booked up already though?
ImURNemesis

I'm visiting Europa Park for the first time in just under a weeks time and saying there for two days. Can't wait!  :joy:

Does anyone know how busy it will be at the start of May and what rides should be done first. I'm thinking of riding the likes of Silver star, Blue fire and Wodan towards the end of the park days. Also, any good hidden gems that are worth exploring in the park?
Pennywise

ImURNemesis wrote: Does anyone know how busy it will be at the start of May and what rides should be done first. I'm thinking of riding the likes of Silver star, Blue fire and Wodan towards the end of the park days. Also, any good hidden gems that are worth exploring in the park?
No idea how busy it'll be, I'm afraid.

I would recommend getting to Blue Fire and Wodan as early as possible. These tend to be the longest queues in the park and, fortunately for those staying on Resort, are situated right at the back of the park next to the hotel entrance so there will be no queue for them first thing in the morning. Blue Fire it's definitely worth waiting for the front on, for Wodan queue for the back.

Make sure you use early ride time (8:30 - 9:00 for hotel guests) - the ride line-up appears pretty weak but Enzian and Tirol Log Flume are actually two of the most fun rides on-park. Make sure you give the walkthrough outside Enzian's exit a go, too, it really is sublime - full of working animatronics and incredible lighting which make it one of the park's highlights in all honesty.

Silver Star has to towards the end of the day (gives it a chance to warm up and means the queue will be shorter) but don't leave it until right at the end because they close the front row queue and it really is worth the extra wait!

Also, Matterhorn Blitz and Swiss Bob Bahn have poor throughputs so try to get them done early - if you're not hitting Blue Fire and Wodan first thing then these are the ones to head to.

Besides that, have fun and enjoy what is definitely one of the world's best theme parks! :D
Wildboy

Im going on Wednesday for my birthday and I am looking for nearby Toboggan runs that we can do on our spare days for the rest of the week. Does anyone know of any local toboggans near rust?
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983
Toffeeman

I am going to EP the last week of July.  I am trying to decide if 1 day will be enough or will I need 2?

Thanks
Peet

Hi AstroDan,

I just want to say thanks very much for your information in this topic, I had a great trip to Europa Park last week. We went for three days and it was actually pretty quiet on the Thursday and Friday, much busier on the Saturday but we still notched up a ride count of 94 over the three days! The highlight was without doubt two rides on Wodan in the dark on Saturday, it is unbelievably good at night! This was our only chance to ride anything in the dark as the park closed at 6pm on Thursday and Friday and at 8:30pm on Saturday.

Additional information that may be useful to people in future:
We flew to Basel and rather than taking the taxi we got to Rust by public transport. There is a bus from the airport to Freiburg station which costs €40 return (or €25), then a train from Frieburg to Ringsheim for €7.70 each way. A bus runs from Ringsheim station to rust which is €2.20 each way so total ground transportation cost is about €30 per person each way.

A three day ticket for EP costs €105.

Pete
amitsurfer80

hey all..

about queues... how crucial is it that I visit the park midweek this time of year?
I will be going to europa park for my second run with friends who have never been there.. last time it was a weekday in september 2010 and the queues were ok.. some very busy like blue fire which we skipped because of that.. and silver star and poseidon, where we waited an hour each..

my question is this
this time it will be easier for us to arrive on the weekend -sunday october 13th.. we figured this time of year it will be less busy, even on the weekend.. is that true? also.. there is a science fair thing going on between 11-13 october.. how is that supposed to effect the lines.. it will be much easier for us to get there on the 13th, but if the lines will be bad, we would move it to monday 14th and postpond the arrival for our next destination..

as you probably noticed, we are mainly interested in the rollercoasters :)

thanks in advance :)
amit.