First Trip of 2012 Season - 29/3/2012

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Vicki

Who Went: Me, Becky, Laura and Ash
Arrived: 8.30
Ride Close: 5.00

Ride Count (for me):
1 x Nemesis
1 x Air
1 x Blade
1 x Oblivion
1 x Thirteen
1 x Charlie
1 x Ice Age 4D
1 x Enterprise
1 x Submission
1 x RMT
1 x Rapids
1 x Flume
1 x Marauders Mayhem
1 x Heave Ho
1 x Sonic Spinball

Total: 15!

An impressive ride count, and proof that good planning can help somewhat with the waiting times.

So, we arrived, got the tickets, and got into the park. Wandered to FV, saw the queue for N:ST and decided to ride Nemesis instead. Very happy, I'm a huge Nemesis fan and to have it as first ride of the season was great. It was almost running empty, so we went for a front row ride: even better. I forgot just how much force there is, and the last corkscrew caught me out a little bit.

Then we went back to N:ST, with only Laura and Becky electing to ride. To be honest, I will ride Thirteen, but the drop isn't my favourite experience in the world, so something that's JUST a drop (albeit a small one) is not my thing. They were less than impressed by the ride, so I'm sort of glad I didn't ride. I'd make up for not riding that, later, however.

Then we decided we'd head to Duel, and WHAT have they done to the guns, again??? My hand was so sore by the time we finished, but I got a pretty good score (for me) of 17100, then we decided to walk back to Mutiny Bay, to get an early lunch. But we got a bit distracted, first by the Runaway MineTrain in Katanga, then by the Rapids.

We finally got into Mutiny Bay, and decided to do Heave Ho and Marauders Mayhem before we ate.

After a quick lunch in Burger King, we headed for the Flume. Not entirely sure how, but we ended up with me, the shortest, at the back, and a complete mis-match in terms of rider size, so poor Becky, who is quite tall, ended up in the front and got SOAKED!

We decided some rollercoasters would help dry us off nicely, and so we headed for Sonic Spinball. My boyfriend had told me before the visit that it's best to do this when most people were eating, and he was right. It was max 15 minutes before we got on, and I achieved something: I managed to keep my arms up all the way round! I've been trying the last few times I've ridden, but never quite managed it. So that was good :)

Then we wandered into X-Sector, and had a quick ride on Enterprise. The others then did Submission, while I watched a couple of ride cycles. When they were done riding, we hit Oblivion.

I haven't ridden this for a couple of years, so it REALLY caught me out, I'd forgotten how forceful the drop is, and how nervous I get on the way up! But, I do enjoy it, when I ride, so it was all good. Then, I mentioned I'd like to give Submission a go, and the others came along with me.

Well. The restraints, even for someone of 5ft 2, are evil! My legs lost circulation when we were held upside down, and it was actually completely forceless. But, I didn't scream or feel sick, and it was actually quite enjoyable, and I'm proud of myself for going on after years of being scared of the ride.

Then we did Ice Age 4D, a great experience, and Charlie. Both were good filler attractions, and they helped us waste some time. Then it was onto Thirteen, which was a good ride, although the drop still leaves my stomach feeling a bit funny, and it's not a sensation I enjoy, but it's worth a ride.

Then we waited for Ash and Laura to do Rita, before heading back to FV to ride Air, and Blade, to complete our day.

All in all, a great day, with some great people.
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!