MINI MEET - Thorpe Park - Opening day, Thursday 15th March

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
djtruefitt

There is a mini meet happening on the weekend (17th/18th March), but for those who cant make it, or those who just want to attend the opening of Thrope Park this year, and be one of the first people to try the brand new ride: The Swarm this mini meet is for you!

Mini Meet Location: THORPE PARK

Date: Thursday 15th March 2012 (park open 10-5 according to website).

Time: Meet at THORPE PARK entrance 15 minutes (ish) before park opens.

Me and Vik will be driving down the night before to avoid the rush hour traffic and will most likely be staying at the Heathrow Travelodge Terminal 5. Its currently about £25 a room, however there is a sale starting next week, so prices might go down. Of course you are more than welcome to book a room and stay over, or just turn up for the day!
Rowe

Dave and I will certainly be there, was due to make a topic like this too  :P
Vik

Going to Thorpe Park on opening day.  Talk about a glutton for punishment  :P. 

There is a £10 room sale starting at 6am next Thursday, so if I can bag a £10 room at either T5 or Central, will book then, if not, will be booking T5 anyway. 

Will be able to offer a couple of spaces in the car, travelling down Wed night, though PM me for more info.  Also will offer a space or 2 in the TL room as well.  :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Islander

I will be at Thorpe after I finish work that day (probably around 2pm-ish), though I've no idea yet who I'm likely to be meeting. Hopefully will see you all at some point, though :)
AstroDan

Do you never learn? I am perplexed anyone is willing to travel any great distance after Thorpe Park's consecutively diabolical opening day record for the past 6 years!

:P

*EDIT - you might be OK. They have a Friends and Family day prior to this anyway, so maybe it'll be alright this year.
Last edited by AstroDan on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dormiens-Dave

I may be doing this as i might not be able to make the saturday
Dylan

I should be there on this day. I'm hoping it will be a bit less stressful than opening weekend!
djtruefitt

I would attend the opening weekend, but im working all that weekend and cant switch weekends because the weekend after is Alton opening weekend. Thursday just happens to be my day off work that week, so I wont need to use any holiday.
SAM93

Ohh hai there Thursday's off Uni!!! Count me in!

YAY, opening day, I am excited, first opening day I have ever done of a major ride.

Look forward to seeing you there people! :D
Cheese

As Rowe said, I shall be there (and no doubt geeking out in spectacular fashion, as befits my reputation). I'm aware of other folks that will be in attendance too, so there should be a reasonable crowd of us for this arguably historic occasion.
Jem8472

Well looks like loads of people are now gate crashing my visit to TP! I will be there with Carla and her brother. So I hope to say hi, not sure if I will hang about all day or what. Will just have to see!
BIan

Dormiens-Dave wrote: I may be doing this as i might not be able to make the saturday
If you decide to go Dave, would it be for just the day, and if Yes,  would you be willing to possibly share a lift and half the petrol?

Cheers,

Ian
Jem8472

Just wondering if 2 4 1 vouchers will be ok on opening day. They are valid until 30/6/2012 So I guess they will be ok.
DiogoJ42

I will be there, fapping like a monkey.
Jordan

I may book the time off work to attend this :-)

Would rather do a midweek day than a Saturday in London in the run-up to Towers opening and Woodiesosche.
djtruefitt

Jem8472 wrote: Just wondering if 2 4 1 vouchers will be ok on opening day. They are valid until 30/6/2012 So I guess they will be ok.
I dont see why not, as long as they say they are valid at Thorpe park and dont have a start date, I see no reason why they wouldnt work.
Vik

Just for information:  I have booked the Sunbury Travelodge for myself and Mike for the Wed evening.  Have a space for one more if anyone wants to join us, if so, will be £10 each.  Sadly, between website crashes this morning (The £10 room sale for stays in April was obviously very popular.  No good for us though sadly  :(, ), the T5 room went up from £25 to £33.  Sunbury was £32 but much cheaper parking.  Distance and travelling time to Thorpe is similar to that from T5.

:D

This is the first time in a long while that I am getting even remotely excited about a new attraction in the UK.  Now lets hope Thorpe don't let us down  :shock:
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Jem8472

Just wondering if anyone will want to go in with a 2 4 1 voucher? There will be three of us, me, Carla and her Brother so it would be good to have someone else to even our numbers up
Mike

Will be there :)

Vik, is there any chance you still have a space in your TL room? (unlikely I know :P )
Last edited by Mike on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
djtruefitt

As far as im aware Mike there is still a space in the TL room.