MINI MEET - Thorpe Park - Opening day, Thursday 15th March

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Jem8472

Well I should be there, things seem to be working themselves out. So I should think all our plans are back on track.
Last edited by Jem8472 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattmash

Will be there, can't wait! :)
Dean

If I can swap my day off i'll be there... I've done them enough favours...

Any space in rooms for Wednesday night, just in case?
Rob L

Didn't see the topic for this! All being well I shall be there, this is far more important than the one uni lecture I have and I can't make it at the weekend.

:)

Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

ATTENTION THOSE GOING ON THE SWARM MEET. We have booked and paid for a room from 15th-19th at Hethrow T5. sadly due to Stes work commitments we cannot attend now and the ****** at Travel Lodge will not refund the room. If anyone is still looking for a room or has not booked we'd really appreciate it if you could purchase the room off us. £20 a night :)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Jordan

I have got the day off work, so I will definitely be attending :)
Dean

I've managed to swap my shift, so i'll be there...

No doubt at a silly early time :P
DiogoJ42

*SQUEEEEEEEEE*
I just want to do a Cartman and freeze myself for the next 12 days!
SpinballEdders

DiogoJ42 wrote: *SQUEEEEEEEEE*
I just want to do a Cartman and freeze myself for the next 12 days!
I said it before, Diogo; Just be sure you DON'T Travel 300 years in the future! ;)
Mike

Have had to pull out of this one due to a clash with another short-notice commitment :-(

Looks like Swarm will have to wait until a bit later in the season for me!

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
Dean

I would like Mike's space in the TL room if that is ok, please?
Jem8472

Just wondering as thus date is quickly approaching if there is going to be anyone that wants to go in on a 2 4 1 deal? There will be 3 people in our group so looking for an odd person to make the ticket price slightly better.

Also if anyone that is going wants to swap phone numbers, as this is my first meet! then PM me.
Last edited by Jem8472 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
djtruefitt

Not long to go now guys!

This will be the first time I have been to Thorpe on opening day with such a major ride, so I dont really have any idea how it will all turn out.

I know quite a few people will be getting there fairly early so they can get to the Swarm quick. And The majority of people have annual passes, so we will probably see each other in the annual pass queue anytime after 9am.

Im guessing as soon as the gates open everyone will run for the Swarm. It might be a good idea to use the new TTF meet website thing (http://meetup.towerstimes.co.uk) so we can find out where everyone is.
kingcriplet

Any ideas as to how busy this might be? I happen to be in London that day but dont fancy Thorpe if it's gonna be insanely rammed
Jem8472

Well it maybe mental! I have a feeling that if you just went off to do the rest of the park you might have an ok day as everyone will head for the swarm.

Me and Carla have to buy our tickets on the day with 2 4 1 vouchers so if there are any other no MAP people I am sure we will see you in that queue. But I will try and wave hello to you rich people with MAPs :P
djtruefitt

I know that Alex has bought a ticket over the phone, so will have to queue up to collect it in person.

I think that it will be busy, but mainly full of theme park fans rather than general public :P Probably the best day to do all the other rides and the majority of people will be doing the Swarm.
Jem8472

I have not been keeping up with the main thread but which way is the best to head to the swarm? Can you get to it past stealth? Or is there a different route? 
djtruefitt

Well I dont think yesterday could have gone any better for us what so ever. The park was really quiet, the weather was lovely (it even felt hot in the afternoon), pretty much every ride was open (minus SAW Alive and Rush). And there were very few breakdowns, and if there were any they were fixed pretty quick.

It was a really great day and it was of course nice to see everyone again.
Vik

Had a great day.  Really nice chilled out day ambling around park.  After the fog cleared, weather was lovely warm and sunny.  Shame Rush was down, other than that reliability seemed quite good.  Also most of the staff seemed to be really nice and genuinely friendly.  The new food outlet is really nice, and (at the moment at least), good value.

Glad we travelled down the evening before.  Great not having to spend an hour or more crawling along the M25 in rush hour.  Sunbury Travelodge is quite nice too, just 15 mins from the park, though there was that goddam awful roundabout with a road blasting through the middle of it to contend with.  :shock:

Some great company as always.  Thanks to Mike & Alex for being wonderful travelling companions and for sharing the last ever journey in the trusty old Punto which has now gone to pastures new.  :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel