MINI MEET: Thorpe Park: 17/18 March 2012

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
AstroDan

Mini Meet for The Swarm @ THORPE PARK

Mini Meet Location: THORPE PARK

Dates: Saturday 17th - Sunday 18th March 2012

Time: Meet at THORPE PARK entrance 15 minutes before park opens onv Saturday (either 9:15 or 9:45 depending on hours) - Sunday depends.

Accommodation: Optional at Heathrow Travelodge, Terminal 5.

I am wondering who is interested in visiting THORPE PARK for the first "full weekend" of their open season?

The park actually opens midweek this year, but after their year-on-year opening day fails, this is a good move and hopefully by the weekend it'll all be smoothed out!

So, yeah. Heathrow Travelodge T5 is available at £24.50 and I would really like to visit for the opening on The Swarm.

WHO'S GOING?

1. AstroDan
2. DanB
3. Craig
4. John
5. Rowe
6. Islander
7. Stu
8. Dagan
9. the its man
10. Fredward
11. Spinballedders
12. Dominique
Last edited by AstroDan on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

I'll almost certainly be there
SpinballEdders

might come 
DanB

I will also be there :S
Rob L

I will decide nearer the time as I fly to Berlin on the 18th. Is it worth bearing in mind there may be a preview day to go to on 11th March?

:)

AstroDan

Rob wrote: I will decide nearer the time as I fly to Berlin on the 18th. Is it worth bearing in mind there may be a preview day to go to on 11th March?

I have no interest in the preview day. I want the park working, not stalling. I have learnt time and time again that preview days or the 1st day of the year at TP is not the time to visit.

I have booked the Travelodge at Heathrow T5 for 17th March for myself, DanB, Mattmash and John.

SpinballEdders

i find it quite risky to visit on the 1st weekend of the theme park season that has a new ride at any theme park let alone Thorpe Park, i would like to go but i probably won't. :(  :cry:
Rowe

I think Dave and I were talking about this long ago so I'm very tempted to say yes for the both of us, otherwise 'yes' from me as an individual due to being local and ride looks promising/etc.

Dan77

yes for me to :D! will think about where im staying some other day :D
SpinballEdders

i will decide nearer to the time and if i do go it will be my first TTF (mini) meet!

also i can get a ride access pass so we don't have to queue up! :P
Islander

I'm hoping to be there for the Saturday morning, though unfortunately I have other plans for the afternoon through to Sunday.
AstroDan

Islander wrote: I'm hoping to be there for the Saturday morning, though unfortunately I have other plans for the afternoon through to Sunday.
Like the opening of LegoBland?

;)
djtruefitt

I would love to come, but with Alton opening the weekend after and Eurpoa the weekend after that, its very unlikely ill be able to get the time off work or even swap weekends around.

I belive the park opens on Thurs 15th this year, which happenes to be my day off work, so if anyone is around that day I may go, if not ill wait till later in the year to visit.
Dan77

djtruefitt wrote: I would love to come, but with Alton opening the weekend after and Eurpoa the weekend after that, its very unlikely ill be able to get the time off work or even swap weekends around.

I belive the park opens on Thurs 15th this year, which happenes to be my day off work, so if anyone is around that day I may go, if not ill wait till later in the year to visit.

:o I'm up for that to!!!!
SpinballEdders

put me down on the maybe list please AstroDan
Dylan

I will probably pop in during the week as hopefully it will be quieter, they weekend will be rammed I would imagine.
AdrenalineAlex

I will have my car by then so I'd be able to drive up there however are you going for two days presumbly? I won't be able to do the Saturday because of work but could so Sunday, that is, if you don't mind an absolute stranger tagging along who no one knows really on this forum :P
SpinballEdders

AdrenalineAlex wrote: I will have my car by then so I'd be able to drive up there however are you going for two days presumbly? I won't be able to do the Saturday because of work but could so Sunday, that is, if you don't mind an absolute stranger tagging along who no one knows really on this forum :P
it's alright mate, if i end up going you won't be the only "stranger" who hardly knows anyone from this forum :P