Alton Towers Trip Report 9-3-11

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
sku11dude123

Oh boy where do i begin.... I arrived at the park in the morning ready to ride some rides....
My first ride was sonic spinball, Was a fantastic ride no complaints about it. Next was Oblivion, I had problems with my restraint because it wont go down fully but thankfully i survived, Also i didn't have the 3 second wait and instead got plunged in instantly. Next i went to Rita, We arrived and it was under technical problems, so in the mean time we went on CATCF The first thing i spotted was that the head of violet was missing and violet wasn't bouncing. We then started to get nervous as we where coming to a collision with a waterfall and i started shaking because i didn't have a coat. After all that fuss the waterfall and lights went off. just before we got to the waterfall. We got off the boat and headed towards the elevator room. The elevator was amazing. Then after, Rita was working again. So i got on the ride and taken advantage from my last incident with Rita and put my head back. Thankfully no injuries occurred. I then went on Thirteen. The ride was good and amazing. We then crossed the bridge and made our way to the other side. I then looked for the fastrack entrance for the runaway train but didn't find it. :( i always wanted to go on that ride. I then went in the aquarium and seen the fishes, quite interesting. The next ride was duel, I had fun on this ride and thankfully it didn't breakdown. I then went on Nemesis and had the best ride experience ever. All hail nemesis.... , I then took the skyride back to the other side, which surprisingly didn't Breakdown. I then went on the pirate galleons and got soaked. And then to finish off i said goodbye to the flume by riding it before it gets rethemed/deconstructed. Unfortanetly the giant rubber duck that pops up in the house didn't pop up :( . I then got another chance to ride sonic spinball and Oblivion before i left the park. And that was my greatest day ever.
Dia

Sounds like a really good trip :D Glad you had a good time. :) The duck wasn't there when I went on Wednesday too :'(
For the technically minded it is a multi-inversion suspended rollercoaster, but for the rest of you it's just designed to scare you sh*tless :P

sku11dude123

@Dia I think there already demolishing the flume, No scary, Pop up, yellow duck. There a sign right there
sku11dude123

BUMP
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Yeah, no duck on Friday either. Or quacking in the tunnel, maybe they are starting to demolish it.

And you do know Duel only briefly stops to let a disabled person on?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Mitch

That's odd because I DEFINITELY saw the duck pop up on Wednesday and Thursday. :?
sku11dude123

Maybe the flume is starting to shows its age because the duck malfunctions sometimes. The flume definitely needs to be demolished