Guided tour of the ruins (Who's interested?)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.

Would you be interested in a ruins tour on the 27th Aug after ride close?

Poll runs till Wed Jun 26, 2052 6:10 pm

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 38
Big Dave

Simple really! I need numbers of people who would want to go on a tour of the ruins.

The date so far is the 27th August and will tie in with the Summer Meetup on the park. The event will likely take place after ride close. For more information please click here

Oh and if you choose no (ie you would, but on a different date) say so! The more info I can get the better I can choose dates and the like. :D
James

I'm really up for this, I've put myself down as yes although I can't guarantee I'll be able to definitely go. It depends on money and whether I have anything going on that weekend. :)
Rowe

Great idea and I would happily like to join in on the tour! :)
Magrathea

I'd absolutely love to! :)
Big Dave

I know its a long way off yet but just to remind everyone that we need at least 15 people for this to go ahead. There will be an additional charge on top of your entrance fee (even if you have an annual pass), but this price is yet to be confirmed (should be no more than £10 each).

This event will hopefully take place at the same time as the Summer meetup, but yet again I cannot confirm this until I get more details. If you are interested, please view the topic mentioned in the first post.
JoshM

I'm all up for this, i've never really had a proper look around the Towers themselves.
The its man

I'd certainly be up for this considering it may be the last time I go to towers this year :(
ImageImage
Screw the entrance fee, I have an annual pass!
Pennywise

Nah. I wouldn't be interested in paying for a tour of the towers (if it was free then, obviously, we response would be different)... seems like I'm the only one though. :P
badger

I'd love to join you, if this can be arranged.
Big Dave

[quote=""D4n""]Nah. I wouldn't be interested in paying for a tour of the towers (if it was free then, obviously, we response would be different)... seems like I'm the only one though. :P[/quote]

I'd quite happily give you a free tour around the ruins, but unfortunately the park dont take kindly to people breaking into the ruins after ride close, so I think we had best pay and do it the proper way :P
Big Dave

Well it is on the same day as an official meet to avoid too much hassle. Its just a case of not leaving the park when everyone else does lol.
djtruefitt

I think ill be interested, especially if its happening on the day of the meet (as thats my weekend off work and ill be at the meet anyway). I dont think I have ever really ventured into the towers at all. I may stay over that night but ill see nearer the time.
sr3d_

Would love to join you for this if that's alright :) would absolutely love to see around the ruins.
Big Dave

Ok so we have reached 15 people, so as long as everyone who says they are going do actually go, then this event can now take place. Im going to contact a few various people around the park to see what is going on and to see if we can get any sneaky deals. We can have up to 30ish people going, so the more the merrier :D
barryzola

I'm there.

Can we have a quick peek at the Towers archives? Probably not but that's understandable : )
Big Dave

Im going to try and contact a few people, but of course I cannot push them into letting us see certain things.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
meames

I wouldn't mind popping along if you get to see more than what is already open to wonder around - would pop down later in the day so no meet for me, would meet in the late afternoon.
barryzola

[quote=""Big Dave""]Im going to try and contact a few people, but of course I cannot push them into letting us see certain things.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah, i was pretty much joking with regards to the Towers archives, although that would be absolutely brilliant. Can completely understand that there's a 99% chance of us not being allowed anywhere near the archives as there are some very important historical items in there. They have to be responsible which is very, very, understandable.

Access to usually unseen area's of the Towers would be good though as a perk. A very interesting old house.
djtruefitt

(and a behind the scenes tour of Hex :P)

I have to say I have never really had a proper look around the towers, its something I have alwasy wanted to do but I always go for the rides and notr the towers, so it will be nice if this does take place.
Big Dave

Any behind the scenes tours will have to be sorted out separately, although adding the two together would get numbers up a bit higher. So far we are planning to get this event to take place during the busy summer months, so it is unlikely that anyone on the park staff wise will want to stay later than they already need to just to show us around.

If I can contact a few people (not such a good time to contact one of my friends), then maybe we might be able to get a few extras thrown in, but please don't go expecting anything more than already outlined above.