Guided tour of the ruins (Who's interested?)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.

Would you be interested in a ruins tour on the 27th Aug after ride close?

Poll runs till Wed Jun 26, 2052 6:10 pm

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 38
popTART

Hey dave stick me on this as i will probably make the effort to go to this weekend meet as its the weekend before my holiday.
Big Dave

Ok, Im going to stick with the two basic forms of payment to make it easier for you guys :)

Bank transfer:

It normally takes 24hrs to clear, but is much quicker than sending stuff by post. A bank transfer can normally be done via your banks personal banking site or sometimes in your local bank. You normally get an option to either pay a business or to pay a friend. Make sure you choose the later! The name of the payee will be myself "D A Plant". As the payment description please put "Ruins tour" and your username! If you are paying for two people, please include both usernames where possible. For the sort code and account number, please send me a PM. Remember is is £10 per person and choose pay immediately if they is an option to do so.

Postal order or cheques

Please make a cheque payable to "D A Plant" for the sum of £10 per person. Not 100% sure if you are meant to write on the back of a cheque, so its probably best if you include a piece of paper with "Ruins tour" and your username/s that you are paying for. Please PM me for my address and be aware that it may take several days for it to arrive, so please post it in plenty of time.

Obviously I cannot save you a place until payment has been received and Im fully aware that some people are not sure about going yet. I will therefore give you plenty of time to get payment in (around beginning of July time), depending on what AT require. If anything changes I will let you know asap.
Rowe

I'm confirmed for this tour but I won't be able to pay for a while if that's alright?
Big Dave

Yup thats fine unless the park decide they want payment sooner rather than later.
badger

Please place my name on the "Definately there" list. Thankyou.
Cheese

Annoyingly, the work Saturday rota says I'm going to be working the Saturday of SumSpec. I'm going to do my best to get the day off anyway, but even if I do have to work, I'm pretty confident that I could get to AT in time easily enough for this, so please count me in.
Big Dave

I take it this mean Rowe is coming as well as wasnt sure if she was deffo coming or not?

Oh and one other thing. Can peeps send me a PM when they send payment (received one already), that way I can keep an eye out and send you a PM back as soon as I get it :)
DiogoJ42

:lol: I like to think Rowe will be there anyway. You two are not joined at the pelvis, you know! ;)
Big Dave

Yeah she said she was thinking about going, but wanted to check with Dave first. Then obviously the above posts made it clear she was, so was kinda pointless me making the above question lol.

Oh btw, I still have yet to hear from James, LCW... and lagolfer09. Kinda need to know asap as Im going to send another email off to AT advising them that the numbers have risen somewhat. Obviously I cannot confirm anything with them until I have everyone's money in, but there no major rush yet.

Oh and to add to the fun, I have been told I am currently down to work the 27th lol, but Im going to do everything within my power to get it off :D
Rowe

[quote=""Big Dave""]I take it this mean Rowe is coming as well as wasnt sure if she was deffo coming or not?[/quote]

Dave, I confirmed in a post yesterday (right above you) that I'm going on this guided tour. I only just reminded Cheese about it.

:P

*Grumbles at the thought of being ignored*
Big Dave

Had 3 people pay so far. Please PM me for payment details.

---- Post Info Added ----

Had a few more people ask about payment, but haven't heard any more about it. If you are going to send a payment, can you let me know when you send it so I can keep an eye out for it.

Also, ever since I have had the official contract sent through and the event handling got transferred from corporate events to park events, I have not heard a thing from them. Sounds like most places though, sign here to confirm payment and you never see them again! Fortunately I can still contact corporate events as they seem to respond almost straight away.

Need to get this ball rolling now. I know a few people have messaged me for payment details, but I have yet to receive anything (other than those I have PMed). Getting the invoice for it within the next few days and payment will be required no later than 20th July. This cannot be changed so please please please can you get payment to me before then. Thanks :)
DanB

Hi Dave
Are you going to TTF North? If so I will give you my money then. Please remind me! :)
Big Dave

Its unlikely, but will see what I can do. If not I will probably going to a mini meet at the towers before this event and will see if we can arrange something.

Update:

Few people asking for more detailos so thought I'd do a quick round up of whats happening.

What is it? Its a guided tour of the ruins and gardens taking place directly after the main meetup event.
When is it? It will take place after ride close (5pmish) on Saturday 27th Aug.
How much is it? £10 per person. This includes entrance to the event, event suite and refreshments.
How do I get involved? There are spaces still left on this trip. Leave a message in here or drop me a PM.
How do I pay you? Payment is really easy. You can send me a cheque or postal order or do a bank transfer.
How do I get your address or bank details? Please drop me a PM.
When do you need payment by? I MUST have payment before 17th July.
Will there be additional accommodation/transport for the event? No, but members may have spare rooms should you wish to stay or spare seats in a car, should you require transport. Please check the official meetup topic for details.

---- Post Info Added ----

Can I remind you that you have 32 days to send payment. Sorry to keep nagging, but I really need people to start sending money asap.
Last edited by Big Dave on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanB

Hi Dave
Can you send me your bank details and I will transfer this money to you next week?

Thanks
Dan
barryzola

Please make an effort to sort the payment out peeps. Dave has taken the trouble to sort this out and communicate with the relevant people at the Towers. This will be a really good evening :)
meames

Hi Dave, can you PM me your address, I will get a cheque sent off this week for you for me and my wife.

We won't be around for the meet, we will pop down late afternoon, so is there a meeting point?

Ta.
DanB

Hi Dave
Just sent my payment to you.

Dan
Dormiens-Dave

Hi dave on tapa so cant do private msg.. Could u PM me the account details to send payment
JoshM

I'm afraid due to times etc, myself and Voke are unable too this :(

But have fun!
Big Dave

[quote=""meames""]Hi Dave, can you PM me your address, I will get a cheque sent off this week for you for me and my wife.

We won't be around for the meet, we will pop down late afternoon, so is there a meeting point?

Ta.[/quote]

Thanks! :)

Yes as far as Im aware we should be meeting at the main admission gates.

[quote=""DanB""]Hi Dave
Just sent my payment to you.

Dan[/quote]

Thanks Dan, will go check and let you know.

[quote=""Dormiens-Dave""]Hi dave on tapa so cant do private msg.. Could u PM me the account details to send payment[/quote]

Will pop one across to you in a bit.

[quote=""JoshM""]I'm afraid due to times etc, myself and Voke are unable too this :(

But have fun![/quote]

:( Oh well, never mind. We will take photos for you. :P Will cross you off the list :)