Guided tour of the ruins (Who's interested?)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.

Would you be interested in a ruins tour on the 27th Aug after ride close?

Poll runs till Wed Jun 26, 2052 6:10 pm

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 38
Big Dave

End of the week if possible (but might be able to get away with a bit longer) as AT are currently just checking a few things over but basically say they cannot continue any further with this event until they can draw up a proper contract and get details finalised. So as soon as you can let me know, the better.
JoshM

I you can count me in, i'll see if Voke is also interested.
James

[quote=""Big Dave""]End of the week if possible (but might be able to get away with a bit longer) as AT are currently just checking a few things over but basically say they cannot continue any further with this event until they can draw up a proper contract and get details finalised. So as soon as you can let me know, the better.[/quote]
Ok, I'll make sure I let you know by the end of the week at the latest. :)
Big Dave

Ok quick recap as people are asking me things that have already been posted.

Date: Saturday 27th August
Time: Approx. 5pm until 7pm
Cost: £10 per person (Includes event access, private suite, tea, coffee and snacks)
Additional info: Alton Towers have offered reduced park tickets at £20 per person should anyone need them

Payment details will be posted as soon as things are finalised with the park.
Brett

me and Charlotte.zoe are confirmed on coming! cant wait for this! :P
popTART

I cant confirm my attendence yet
Big Dave

Ok, let me know soon please :) *Puts Adam back into the naughty red section in previous post :P*
Rollerjunkie

Please could you add me to the confirmed list i cant wait :D
Alton Towers trek 60 miles, Alton Towers ticket 39 pounds, Riding Nemesis: priceless
Big Dave

Seems like AT want me to pay using my debit card, which is fine, however, Im not going to pay until I receive the payment off everyone. Im going to wait a bit longer just to get all this confirmed by AT and to give people time to see if they are able to make it, but please be aware that places cannot be saved and paid for at or after the event, as AT will want the payment up front.
Rob L

I'm definitely interested in this so you can count me in! :D

Russell

I'm up for this! Thanks for organising it! :)
Since April 2008
Dormiens-Dave

I'm a yes for this too :-)
Big Dave

Righhhttttt...

Let me think how Im going to do this :?
Im going to confirm a few things over with towers in the next few days, but it seems clear that we should now have over 15 people so at least this event can go ahead and I can get a proper contract sorted with the park.

How do you guys want to pay? I need the money before hand, so unfortunately I cannot except payment on the day. I would go down the paypal route, but dont they take a cut out of everything? The simplest route would be to give you my bank transfer details and to perform a bank transfer from your account to mine. I know, however, this wont be everyones cup of tea and that others will want to pay in cash. I guess that a cash payment via the postal service isnt too risky, but I would STRONGLY advise that you get it sent via recorded delivery or get a receipt of postage at the very least! Probably best if you put the money inside an envelope and then put that inside another envelope, just in case the outer gets damaged.

Obviously it will take some time for payment to come through from everyone and I wont be able to confirm your place with the park until I get your payment.

Whats peoples thoughts on this and how would you like to pay?
DiogoJ42

Well as you say, the simplest way is PayPal, but the do charge. Unless you want to add a "booking fee to our cost so that it covers their cut?

Otherwise, a cheque in the post seems straight forward... Do kids even know what a cheque is these days? :lol:
Big Dave

Yup that would be find too I guess. I wont even get started on sending postal orders as they will all just go "Postal what?"...
djtruefitt

Can you still do postal orders? :P

I dont mind how I pay really, I dont have paypal so I couldnt do that, but I could easily transfer some money over using online banking or I could send you a cheque (yes Diogo I still have a cheque book!) or just send cash, which ever is easior for you really.
AstroDan

Is there on way we can use our contacts as TTF to arrange this and not require contracts and all sorts? I appreciate the park have a certain way of doing things, but its so far in advance etc.

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Big Dave

The park is basically saying they cannot do anything else until I confirm we are going. To be fair, they have not said its urgent to do it right now and as a matter of fact, they have said that we can change the number attending up to 1 week before the event.

Leaving it that close to the event, however leaves it open to people not sending payments until the last minute. If members would like to give me money on a meet before this event then thats great, but Im not sure I will see all of you.

You also have to understand that, despite contacting various departments, the corporate events team are the only people who will deal with this event and has a result, everything is having to go through their computer systems. So there really isnt anyway of just turning up on the day and paying when we get there.

To give you some sort of idea of the booking process myself and the park are going through, this is my provisional booking confirmation letter (with some details removed)

Please note that as of yet, I dont even know if its a ticket only event or whether they will just have a list of people who should be attending and just check our names on the door. If its the first one, then getting tickets out to you guys will have to be factored into the time scale. So basically as soon as people can find out if they can make it, then I really could do with knowing in order to pass that information on.
James

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Do kids even know what a cheque is these days? :lol:[/quote]
*waves*

I know what a cheque is! :P I've seen my parents use cheques commonly to pay the bills and I got a cheque book when I opened up my bank account as I know that it'll come into handy one day.

But yeah. Still not sure if I'm going yet, my parents are deliberating on whether they are happy enough to let me go or not (they're concerned with me driving on my own since I have no one to drive up with). I keep pestering them to let me go though so I should find out soon.

I think it's best to get it sorted out early too, leaving it a week before just spells trouble and there's to many things that could go wrong.
meames

I can send you a cheque for me and Vicky as and when you require it.