Guided tour of the ruins (Who's interested?)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.

Would you be interested in a ruins tour on the 27th Aug after ride close?

Poll runs till Wed Jun 26, 2052 6:10 pm

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 38
Big Dave

[quote=""Big Dave""]The date so far is the 27th August and will tie in with the Summer Meetup on the park. The event will likely take place after ride close. For more information please click here[/quote]

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Jordan

Can't believe I missed this! It sounds really interesting, I'd love to join :)
Big Dave

Got a reply and now they have also pretty much confirmed the dates (Saturday 27th August). We still need a minimum of 15 people to go so please speak up now if you are unsure if you can make it. A full event plan should be forwarded to me shortly.

---- Post Info Added ----

More details:

The corporate events team have booked the tour for 5pm and have booked it for 15 people. This can be increased, but a minimum of 15 people is needed. The whole event will take around 2hrs. The cost per person so far is £10 and includes the tour, hiring out of our own private suite, tea, coffee and cakes. Included in this deal, we have been offered reduced entrance tickets to the park, should anyone need it
AstroDan

Very keen!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
djtruefitt

I should defiantly be at the TTF meet that weekend so I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to attend this tour. I had a quick wonder through the towers on Friday and thats the first time I had ever been in there, so a proper tour would be great.
Brett

I will try my best to be there! I have thought about attempting something like this before but it always seemed more like a dream as i know how difficult alton towers can be with stuff like this.
Charlotte.zoe

I will do my best to be there, will hopefully be there for the meet so count me in :) ive always been interested and had a love for the towers, so learning more about them would be amazing :)
Big Dave

Ok in order to get an idea of numbers and who's is interested, I am going to post a list of people who have show interest. Please post if you need your status changed. Will leave this to run for a while before sending out PMs to ensure we have as accurate information about who wants to go as possible, as AT will need a rough idea of how many is going.

Confirmed Interest(Payment details will be posted shortly)

Mike (Interested)
Dan B (Interested)
barryzola (Interested)
The its man (Interested)
Magrathea (Interested)
djtruefitt (Interested)
Diogo (Interested)
Astrodan (Interested)
JoshM (Interested)
meames + partner (Interested)
Brett (Interested)
Charlotte.zoe (Interested)
Roller junkie (Interested)
Jordan (Interested)
Badger (Interested)
Rob (Interested)
Russell (Interested)
Dormeins-Dave (Interested)
Popboy (Interested)
Rowe (Interested)
Cheese (Interested)
sr3d_ (Interested)
LCWatAlton (Interested)
MattH (Interested)

Yet to confirm (Please post below to confirm or PM me)

lagolfer09 (Interested, but not confirmed)
James (Interested, but not confirmed)

There currently is 23 people saying they want to go, so if your not included please post
Last edited by Big Dave on Sun May 15, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
popTART

Hey dave I am interested in doing this as it is highly likely i will be attending the August meetup.
Mike

I'd also be interested :)

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
DanB

I am also interested
Big Dave

Alton Towers have emailed me again to check that the package is ok. I think £10 per person is ok considering what we are getting.

I need members to confirm that they wish to attend as so far I have only told AT that 15 people are turning up. If people can confirm attendance asap, I can then email them back.

Details of payment will be posted soon as soon as AT get back to me.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Last edited by Big Dave on Sun May 08, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magrathea

Consider my attendance confirmed! Thanks so much for organising this :mrgreen:
djtruefitt

You can confirm me.
The its man

You can confirm me as well :)
ImageImage
Screw the entrance fee, I have an annual pass!
DiogoJ42

Well as long as there is a meet up anyway, I will be there. Hell, I KNOW I'll be free for once :roll:
AstroDan

Please reserve me a place.
Big Dave

Please note that 15 people need to attend for this event to take place. Im sure I can confirm at least two more people on that list, but that will mean only 12/13 people and that wont be enough. If you are interested and are not on that list, you can still join. Just pop me a PM across or post below.
James

Is there a particular date that you need to know by Dave?