How busy will it be? 2011

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Joel

If you'd like our experienced bunch of Alton Towers enthusiasts to gaze into their crystal balls and recommend how busy it may be on your visit to the park this season, please add your post below with your intended visit dates and hopefully someone will be along to advise best.

Don't forget to check out our trip tips on the site too to get the best from your day.
Voke

It will be busy, but not as busy as some other days during the 2011 season. For example, every day in the Summer Holidays will be extremely busy, and so will Scarefest, it will definatly be quieter than the easter holidays. But if I were you, I'd order the tickets online, not only will you get them cheaper, but you'll also be able to take advantage of Early Ride Time, letting you on a selection of the main attractions, an hour before opening (9am - 10am). Check here for more information on this :- [url=http://www.altontowers.com/tickets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/tickets/[/url]

Queue-line Predictions (Max)

Nemesis - 25 Minutes
Air - 35/40
TH13TEEN - 40
Rita - 35/40
Oblivion - 30

Hope this helps.
Nightfall

The first week is normally surprisingly quite.

I visited opening day 2009 and it was one of the quitter trips. I was also surprised just how quite the 2nd day of 2010 was despite Thirteen opening the day before. Given there isn't much new this year I'm guessing it'll be quiet.

There will however be nearly 70 TTF members running a mock :)
[align=center]Image[/align]
ilyAlton

[quote=""Voke""]It will be busy, but not as busy as some other days during the 2011 season. For example, every day in the Summer Holidays will be extremely busy, and so will Scarefest, it will definatly be quieter than the easter holidays. But if I were you, I'd order the tickets online, not only will you get them cheaper, but you'll also be able to take advantage of Early Ride Time, letting you on a selection of the main attractions, an hour before opening (9am - 10am). Check here for more information on this :- [url=http://www.altontowers.com/tickets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/tickets/[/url]

Queue-line Predictions (Max)

Nemesis - 25 Minutes
Air - 35/40
TH13TEEN - 40
Rita - 35/40
Oblivion - 30

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks alot! =)

[quote=""Nightfall""]The first week is normally surprisingly quite.

I visited opening day 2009 and it was one of the quitter trips. I was also surprised just how quite the 2nd day of 2010 was despite Thirteen opening the day before. Given there isn't much new this year I'm guessing it'll be quiet.

There will however be nearly 70 TTF members running a mock :)[/quote]

Thankyou! and yeah, i went on the 2nd day of 2010 to! Was really quiet =P
MattH

as noted already, the first 2 days of the season will see nearly 70 TTF'rs around, so if theres queues, it will most likely be us lot :P
djtruefitt

My advice would be to head in the opposite direction to wherever the giant group of TTFers are going.
Esther46888

Hey,

Will the park be busy on Monday 4th? I've noticed that most Scottish schools break up on Friday 1st!

Thanks
Tom G

Depends how many schools in England are off. Even if many are, I would say only moderately. 40-50 mins max queue time.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Looking at going to Alton Towers on 17/04, 18/04 or 19/04 for 2 days. I know that the schools are off for Easter so does this mean the park will be very busy?
djtruefitt

Any guesses for Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th June? (Just got my free Sun tickets!)
Jonny.F

[quote=""djtruefitt""]Any guesses for Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th June? (Just got my free Sun tickets!)[/quote]

I went pretty much exactly the same weekend last year. It was quite busy, but not overly packed. I'd expect the following times:

Oblivion: 30 mins
Nemesis: 60 mins
Thirteen: 40-60 mins
Air: 30 mins
Rita: 40 mins

And the rest quite variable

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Jaybird89

Hi im going this friday 1st april how busy do you guys think it will be?
thanks
Josh
MichaelBBack

Hey long-time lurker first-time poster here, taking my girlfriend to AT this Saturday and really can't decide whether or not to get some fastracks, as I can't really gauge how busy it's going to be. I want it to be a really good day where we get to go on a lot of stuff, but I'm not sure if they're worth the extra expense (which I could spend on souvenirs/photos etc) seeing as how the school holidays are still a week away and most people will be waiting for those. Any advice? Thanks in advance
Gax

Next Tuesday? (5th April)
ohirome

Has anyone been after the easter holidays? We're staying at the resort from the 25th to the 27th and were wondering what the crowds might be like? We have two days in the park so we should get everything done a few times either way but still, it'd be good to know!
Air Guy 138

Yeah, I'd like to know about the Easter holidays too, especially around Easter weekend time. (22nd, 23rd, 24th?) Is it worth buying fastracks?
Alton Towers Top 31. Air 2. Oblivion 3. Nemesis

SIMR

Anyone going in the Easter holidays should expect it to be moderately busy, just your average Alton Towers day. For example:

Air, Rita, Sonic: 60 min.
Nemesis, Th13teen: 30-50 min.
Oblivion + most other riders: 0-30 min.

Gax, next week shouldn't be too bad, sucks you have to go on a Saturday though. I went last sunday and all rides were pretty much walk on for last hour or 2 of the day.
Gax

How busy does everyone reckon its gonna be tomorrow? Thinking a lot of people might go with the good weather and everything...
rightbackgranty

Hey! Does anyone know how busy the park will be tomorrow? Not sure what dates Easter lies on this year, so unsure as to whether it will be heaving or empty!

RBG
Gax

I went today and it was dead. only time we had to queue was 15 mins for the flume and that's because it was roasting! Have a good time :)