How busy will it be? 2011

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Deathtoharibo

Hi,

I'm coming up for Thursday and Friday anyone know how busy the park will be? What's it been like this week? I'm so excited i can't wait :D

Thanks!
adrenalinejunkie

[quote=""Deathtoharibo""]Hi,

I'm coming up for Thursday and Friday anyone know how busy the park will be? What's it been like this week? I'm so excited i can't wait :D

Thanks![/quote]

Hi,

Yesterday was very quiet. Max queue was 30 mins for Thirteen and got on most other rides within 15 minutes. Great day, lovely weather & most kids back at school.
Hope this helps and you have a good trip.
matt9210

Any ideas for how busy it will be Saturday, just a normal weekend? Hoping most people went in the holidays :P
Pennywise

[quote=""matt9210""]Any ideas for how busy it will be Saturday, just a normal weekend? Hoping most people went in the holidays :P[/quote]

60-70 on major attractions, most likely. :)

Possibly less if it's very hot (in which case the water rides will take a larger than usual bulk of the queues) or miserable weather (less people on park).

:D
sr3d_

[quote=""Deathtoharibo""]Hi,

Thanks![/quote]

To give you an idea:

Nemesis *8, Oblivion *3, Air *2, Rita, Thirteen *2, Rapids, Duel *2, Spinball *2, Mine train *3, Sea life aquarium

that was mostly using single rider queue's today. there seemed to be alot of school/college kids there but the longest queue if you didn't do single rider that I saw ont he board was 25 mins (Rita)
chrisc_84

Hey folks.

Any ideas for Monday, May 16th?

Am I right in thinking if you buy tickets in advance online you get in at 9 instead of 10? If so, would it be worth doing that or would that Monday be quite quiet?

First visit in 6 years, cannot wait!
djtruefitt

If you buy tickets online you do get in at 9am and can go on some rides during that hour (Rita, Oblivion, Nemesis, Hex and a few others). I dont think it would be too busy on a weekend day at this time of year but during ERT you can really get loads of rides done if you really want to get loads done.

It depends if you have BOGOF tickets as these can only be used on the day, if not then buy them online. Infact there was recently a BOGOF offer on the alton facebook page where you could do it online, but that may have finished now.
Vicki

BOGOF is available til 9th May :) I'm thinking of using it for tomorrow but have some vouchers as well... And it's more expensive than on the gate (£39.60 instead of £38!) Or is this a sign...?
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!
matt9210

Thanks D4n and djtruefitt :D

Sadly I can't get in the park for early ride time, I'm using the tickets from The Sun. Thought we may aswell because our bus doesn't get to Alton Tower until 10.20 anyway :(
djtruefitt

[quote=""Vicki""]BOGOF is available til 9th May :) I'm thinking of using it for tomorrow but have some vouchers as well... And it's more expensive than on the gate (£39.60 instead of £38!) Or is this a sign...?[/quote]

I think its £39.60 on the gate (with VAT and all that stuff).

So you would be better buying them online with the BOGOF and you could get ERT if you are sure you will be heading to towers that day.
badmart76

greetings :)

any ideas how busy it will be tomorrow (sun 8th may)?
up for the day with the mrs :)

cheers,

badmart
Lorenashley

i didn't realise that the Sun tickets had dates every single day for the whole of this season. I tried to go to the park on Thursday the 28th but actually turned the car round and went home as the queue to get in was at a standstill for about 6 miles before the entrance. Does this mean that the queues are going to be silly lengths everyday because of the sun offer? I wanted to go on this Wednesday (11th) What's the chances of us getting on any rides within an hour at a time?
Matt_glass

Hello, I'm visiting Alton Towers this week and I was wondering approximately how busy it will be? Also what's the best 'route' to get on all the major rides, and have time for some of the more tame ones. We've got two plans but we're not really sure which is the best one. The first is take things as how we see them, and head to spinball>X Sector>Dark Forest>skyride>Forbidden Valley>Gloomy Wood>KC>MB>then any rides we missed or wish to re-ride. We also thought of heading to Dark forest first, then working our way around counter clockwise, hitting forbidden valley last. If anyone has any other suggestions for routes to take i'd very much appreciate it. Thanks :)
altontowerskid

Hey :)

I am planning a trip for the summer, around June 10th-20th. I want to visit during the summer but without it being in the school summer holidays. Does anyone have past experience of around these dates and know if it is busy, especially if there are many school visits at this time?

MissMagic

My best mate has brought us tickets to come up to stay at Splash Landings on 23rd May (after long trip up from Isle of wight) and coming into Towers on 24th May as my surprise birthday present :D

Is it likely to be busy on the 24th - half term on the island is the following week but not sure about the mainland - haven't been since 2009 so really really excited now!
JAMMYD777

Hey. I was just wondering, how busy do you guys think it will be on Tuesday 21st June as I was planning to visit with my friend after my exams?

Also, what week would you think the main school trip season starts?

Replies much appreciated.

JAMMYD777
SW7:
TonyB

Hi, first time posting here, does any one have an idea how busy it might be on the 25th and 26th May 2011?
Last edited by TonyB on Fri May 20, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dia

Anyone know what it'll be like around 29th May - 3rd June?
For the technically minded it is a multi-inversion suspended rollercoaster, but for the rest of you it's just designed to scare you sh*tless :P

muz17

hi all, new user here :)

I'm going to Alton towers on either June 27th or June 28th and was just wondering how busy it will be as i have only ever been in the summer holidays or during scarefest in the past.

thanks in advance :)
Pennywise

[quote=""muz17""]hi all, new user here :)

I'm going to Alton towers on either June 27th or June 28th and was just wondering how busy it will be as i have only ever been in the summer holidays or during scarefest in the past.

thanks in advance :)[/quote]

Busy. Your visit will be (to my knowledge) school trip season, one of the busiest times of the season.

(For future reference, there's already a "How Busy" thread here -
[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 56&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29056&start=0[/url] )

:)
Last edited by Pennywise on Sat May 21, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.