FloridaSosche: 11-25 August 2010

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
AstroDan

Myself, Saz, Em, DanB, Stu and Dagan will be off to the Sunshine State shortly for a couple of weeks taking in all the parks and some other attractions!

Really looking forward after wanting to visit since I was a child to seeing what Florida has to offer!

Will keep this thread updated where possible, see you all when we're back!

Signing off!
DanB

In the airport lounge now about to head to the gate! Woo!
Dylan

Have a great time guys!
:D
Chris-TT

Have a great time guys, really wish I was over there! So much has opened since my last visit.
I know you will already know all about the rides etc... Some great places to eat though...
Any of the sitdown restaurants in IOA
Sharks at Seaworld
Browns, the 50's drive in (can't remember the name but it's at Disney studios) & The Rainforest Cafe at Disney
And don't forget to give IHOP a visit too! :)
One thing you tend to find is that the decent sitdown meals don't cost much more than the fast food places in the parks, so if you're not in a rush make the most of it!

Looking forward to reading trip reports when you get back!
Joelio

You're gonna have an amazing trip!
Stu

Hi All,

Just off to bed now after uploading a load of pictures to my facebook account, so you can look there. 2 pics below.
Didn't sleep much at the travel lodge... Saz was too excited and talked all night hehe.
Flight was nice and good until landing where there was some thick cloud and took us 2 attempts to land and we dropped a few times (bit of air time... geeky meh) and loads of people screaming, but all good fun. So very tired and haven't slept in about 24 hours...

Landed, got our hire car which is ace, fully electric doors and all sorts... nice one Chris/Dan, got to the villa which is just amazing, everything their including full on wi fi. Went to Walmart for some shopping then headed over to a busy but great Downtown disney and had a lovely dinner at the rain forrest cafe. The staff really are amazing and funny and just couldn't stop laughing...

Walked back through downtown disney, looked at some shops, came home, dan and chris went in our pool for a bit, now off to bed.. Magic Kingdom tomorrow to kick off the holiday.

Since we got full wi fi, may see some of you online, and others as im sure you know will be posting etc etc. But will aim to get some pics on FB every other day or something.

Oh when we landed it was pouring down with rain for a good hour or so and when we arrived at the villa the news channels were advising of a tornado warning.. but soon died down and the sun came out leaving us with a temp of 34c at 9pm this evening.

Take Care. cyazzz!
DanB

I have also uploaded my Day 1 pictures on Facebook. If you don't have me you can see them here.

I can't seem to get to sleep so heres a few of my piccies!

Group picture on the plane

Some randoms deciding to pose for our picture :)

Love this picture

We spotted this and HAD to get a photo. GEEKS!

Group shot in the lounge

This is the first time I have done a Villa as I normally use Townhouses. I am very impressed and will definitely be using them again!

So tomorrow is the first real Theme Park day where we are planning to go to Magic Kingdom and check out the Summer Nightastic event as it finishes in a few days
NeilHD

[quote=""Chris-TT""]Have a great time guys, really wish I was over there! So much has opened since my last visit.
I know you will already know all about the rides etc... Some great places to eat though...
Any of the sitdown restaurants in IOA
Sharks at Seaworld
Browns, the 50's drive in (can't remember the name but it's at Disney studios) & The Rainforest Cafe at Disney
And don't forget to give IHOP a visit too! :)
One thing you tend to find is that the decent sitdown meals don't cost much more than the fast food places in the parks, so if you're not in a rush make the most of it!

Looking forward to reading trip reports when you get back![/quote]

That'd be the SciFi Diner. I quite enjoyed it too.

My favouritest place to eat in the WORLD is Bahama Breeze. The Jerk Chicken pasta I had there is literally the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. There's a couple of them about I think, but definately one at Crossroads.
Stu

Day two we headed over to the main Disney park - The Magic Kingdom.
Weather has been great all day, apart from a 30 minute rain poor which was great as it cooled us down just before we went under cover for Space Mountain. I never used to like this ride but attualy found it rather fun and nice theming with the station upgrade.

Splash mountain didn't disappoint, great water ride for the whole family. Stitch shown Emma and Saz how nasty a cute looking monster looks. MLF was funny as per usual.. (Monsters Inc) picking on some random fat american. so funny!

The fireworks nightastic fireworks show was really good with fireworks being launched from all over the place. Great colours and timing with the music... but also glad we get to see the main "Wishes" fireworks show next week.

Heading to Hollywood Studios tomorrow to ride Tower of Terror from the 13th floor and Friday the 13th.. also with their so called new added special effects just for the summer which finishes this weekend, so will be interesting to see what they have done.

Cyazzz
DanB

I was really surprised how small the queues was at MK. I don't think we queued more than 20 mins for anything and we managed to do everything we wanted. As usual you can see all photos here

Group photo as we arrived

Group photo with Donald

Look at these guns. WOW

Another fave photo ;)

Heres one shot from the fireworks

Hollywood Studios tomorrow
Anonymous

Loving the updates guys, keep them coming :D
Stu

Well we went to our 2nd theme park today... Disney's Hollywood Studios (MGM).
Arrived at about half 9... the park was not busy at all, went right on Tower of Terror after getting fast pass for toy story just incase they ran out, which they did by 11am! So that was a wise move. Thank god. I have been on Tower of Terror every few years since it opened and seen/felt how it has changed over th years... and they have done some sort of mods for the summer, making it slightly more intense/longer drops and changed some of the audio/lights. I don't like some of it, but the drops do seem more intense...

We got fast pass for Rock N Roll coaster as the queue jumped up to 40 mins, but we never queued for anything over 25 mins for the whole day, with TOT only reaching 10mins. So a few re rides on that took place. Had lovely lunch next to the Tram Tour, lovely turkey club.

The day was great and relaxed and we seemed to have done very well with the weather since the weather channels have said we should have storms every day... and yes it happened just before it was time to watch the Lights Motor Action stunt show... the heavens oepened, the thunder was mega loud even making the staff jump, so the show got canceled and we will re visit the park to do this show and Fantasmic another day...

After re riding TOT and going on Rock N Roll coaster, we headed back early to avoid traffic, freshened up and ate at Applebees which was just lovely. Im still amazed how the waiter remebers everyones order when their was 6 of us ordering starters, main and drinks.. fair play.

Good day all in all, and also meant we could get a bit more of a sleep.

Sea World Tomorrow - home of Manta and Shamu... :D
DanB

As usual heres some followup pictures. Stus pretty much summed up the day already :)

Entrance Group Shot

ToT Group Shot

Applebees

Seaworld tomorrow. Looking forward to getting on Manta again and seeing Shamu Rocks for the first time.
Crofty

Is Fantasmic still running on a reduced schedule?
Pennywise

[quote=""Crofty""]Is Fantasmic still running on a reduced schedule?[/quote]

It was 2 weeks ago so I would assume so, Sundays & Thursdays only I believe.
Dagan

[quote=""Air Dan""][quote=""Crofty""]Is Fantasmic still running on a reduced schedule?[/quote]

It was 2 weeks ago so I would assume so, Sundays & Thursdays only I believe.[/quote]

It's permanently on reduced schedule now I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crofty

They are odd days for it to be on? You would think they would put it on Fridays and Saturdays, unless there's something else they use as an end of day show?
Pennywise

[quote=""Crofty""]They are odd days for it to be on? You would think they would put it on Fridays and Saturdays, unless there's something else they use as an end of day show?[/quote]

I think it's so they're as spaced out as possible, meaning that if there are still 4 days left of your holiday you will still definitely have a chance to see Fantasmic? By the way, on the nights when Fantasmic does take place, there are 2 showings. If you catch the 8pm you'll have to get there 90 minutes+ before the show to get in. The 10:30 you only need to arrive 20 minutes or so before.

:)
DanB

Yesterday we went to Seaworld. Loved Manta on both the front and back rows although I will admit I couldn't reride back row both times as it is really intense.

Heres a few pictures of Shamu & Manta.

Mankey

Christ it gets dark quickly over there! :lol: Either that or Shamu has created the worlds LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGEEEEESSSSSTTTT somersault! :lol:
Back from hibernation!