Planning a trip to Flamingoland

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
BigAl

Hi everyone. I hope to be going to Flamingo Land before the end of the summer holidays. I've never been before but it looks good. I'd like to ask a few questions first:

1) When will be the best time to go?
2) What are the queues like?
3) What are the staff and other visitors like?
4) What are the prices like for food, drinks and gifts?
5) What order of rides should I choose?

Don't worry about the last question as I'll go on anything that I'm not too old or tall for! It's more for if the queues are long.

My main aim is to ride all of the coasters and then all of the thrill rides. I want to go on the Corkscrew as I never got a chance to ride the one at Alton Towers.

Thanks guys and girls!
Oblivion_

Hi! Me and my family went to Yorkshire with The Sun twice before, and both times we went to Flamingo Land. In answer to your questions:

1) We normally arrive about 10:40, and we get one everything easily, with lots of time to spare.
2) Normally quite shortish. Don't expect to be waiting any more than 20 minutes on quite a lot of the rides. Mumbo Jumbo and Cliffhanger will be the longest wait.
3) The visitors are okay I guess. Don't know about the staff, didn't notice much, but I've heard they aren't amazingly friendly. You'll have to ask more people.
4) Again, I don't know much. Sorry.
5) We normally start with Corkscrew, move round to Velocity, upwards in that direction to the Wild Mouse and the 4D cinema, carry on upwards to Cliffhanger, keep going along (right, on the map) to Mumbo Jumbo and Kumali before heading off to the rest, like Flip Flop and the Lost River Ride.
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA
BigAl

[quote=""Oblivion_""]Hi! Me and my family went to Yorkshire with The Sun twice before, and both times we went to Flamingo Land. In answer to your questions:

1) We normally arrive about 10:40, and we get one everything easily, with lots of time to spare.
2) Normally quite shortish. Don't expect to be waiting any more than 20 minutes on quite a lot of the rides. Mumbo Jumbo and Cliffhanger will be the longest wait.
3) The visitors are okay I guess. Don't know about the staff, didn't notice much, but I've heard they aren't amazingly friendly. You'll have to ask more people.
4) Again, I don't know much. Sorry.
5) We normally start with Corkscrew, move round to Velocity, upwards in that direction to the Wild Mouse and the 4D cinema, carry on upwards to Cliffhanger, keep going along (right, on the map) to Mumbo Jumbo and Kumali before heading off to the rest, like Flip Flop and the Lost River Ride.[/quote]
Thank you for your help. I can't wait to go now as I've only ever been to theme parks with massive queues. One rep point for you!
Could I also ask which is the best ride?
Oblivion_

I enjoyed all of them, actually. For such a quiet park, it's full of many, good quality rides. Maybe for me, Velocity, Cliffhanger and Flip Flop.

Also forgot to mention that the Lost River Ride gets massive queues, and for a log flume it's quite long, so it might not be worth it.
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA
Pennywise

To be honest if you don't mind walking a lot I would hit Lost River Ride first, then Mumbo Jumbo, Cliff Hanger, Velocity, Kumali, Flop Flop. Then you've covered every ride that will get a queue inside the first hour and a half (assuming you get there for park opening) and can enjoy the zoo and other rides at a more relaxed pace. :)
BigAl

I don't mind walking a little bit. Apart from a couple of trips to Alton Towers and the cinema, I've been stuck indoors with nothing to do for the past couple of months since I finished my GCSE's so I may even do a bit of running (if it's required) :P

Thank you for your help peeps!