Pleasure Beach & Camelot 29 & 30 August

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Vik

Myself, Astrodan and a couple of other are planning a trip to sample the delights of Mandy Land & Camelot on Bank Holiday weekend. We have chosen a Sunday & Monday due to the extortionate cost of accommodation on Saturday night, with the cheapest Travelodge being over the £100 mark.

On Sunday, we will be at Mandy Land and Bank Holiday Monday we will be going to Camelot. We are planning on stopping over in Blackpool on the Sunday night.

There is obviously a huge choice of accommodation available, from the Big Blue down to a grotty B&B. Best options are currently Travelodge South Prom, which is £52.75, but only has double rooms left, but is very handy, being right opposite Mandy Land. There is very limited parking here, but overnight parking on nearby side roads is fine.

Travelodge South Shore is £56.80 and family rooms are available, which means you can have 3 adults per room, which helps cost wise. There are 140 parking spaces available for a cost of £5 for 24 hours. Though this is a bit further out than South Prom there are family rooms available. This is where we will be staying.

Travelodge Central for some reason isn't showing anymore, which is odd as the other day rooms were available for £25.50.

Tickets for Mandy Land can be booked online on Their Website for just £20

Tickets for Camelot can be booked online at the Camelot website for £18.00 or from Lastminute.com for £14.50. If anyone knows of cheaper tickets let us know :D

Anybody wishing to join us is more than welcome. :D

WHOS GOING

1 AstroDan
2 Vik
3 Sam
4 John
5 Stu
6 Rob
7 Russell
8 Sammie
9 Ant
10 BrettS
11 AlexT
12 Jordan
13 Gazag
14 Badger
15 Jude
16 Mattmash
17 Kevi
18 Ellie
19 Spike
20 Hark
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

gazag

i haven't been to camelot for a little while so ill meet you there on monday guys :D
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I will more than likely join you at Mandy Land for the day. :)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Danny

I think I could join you for the Sunday. I've got two tickets for half price off the gate price so if anybody want's the entrance fee knocked off and I can go then gimme a call :D
AstroDan

Thanks to Vik for sorting this one out! I look forward to it. Am in the US for a couple weeks and figured that if nothing is planned for the weekend where traditionally we've had the AT Meet, it would lead to a depressing flight home haha!

Also - who knows if Camelot is about to close! Not to mention PBB is open late!

:D
Kevi8587

I fancy coming along for the pleasure beach if that's ok camelot i shall give that a miss i might be booking 2 days at blackpool so i might book the tickets for the 29th and 30th :)
popTART

Me and my friend samantha will be in Blackpool that weekend anyway and will probably be at the park Sunday so can meet up with you all.
John

I was planning on visiting PBB later in the year when the illuminations are on, but I might still head up there for this meet as well/instead. Maybe even Camelot too, never know when will be the last chance to ride Knightmare.
Scott

For anyone who is looking for accomadation, in August it will only cost you £22 for an en-suite room at the Lor Dean (search them on google).
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]
Jordan

All being well, I should be able to make it for both days. Won't be staying over since I live nearby.

Have never been to Camelot before, despite living just a few miles away from it. :oops:
Mattmash

Would have loved to come to this but can't get the time off work :( Am quite tempted to just drive up on the Monday for some Knightmare action, but that will be a last minute decision depending on how knackered I am!
bradpeet

[quote=""Vik""]There is obviously a huge choice of accommodation available, from the Big Blue down to a grotty B&B. Best options are currently Travelodge South Prom, which is £52.75, but only has double rooms left, but is very handy, being right opposite Mandy Land. There is very limited parking here, but overnight parking on nearby side roads is fine. [/quote]

I'd not bank on finding on street parking that night - it is a bank holiday weekend after all.

There is a 2 for 1 voucher for Camelot available at [url=http://vouchers.moneysavingexpert.com/v ... 010310.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://vouchers.moneysavingexpert.com/v ... 010310.jpg[/url]
badger

I shall be joining you on the Sunday and will be bringing Jude with me.
Mattmash

Have somehow managed to get the Sunday night off work, so should be able to make this now! :) Will mean I probably won't arrive until lunchtime on the Sunday and may have to leave a bit early on the Monday though.

Just need to sort some accomodation out now. Travelodge Southshore has gone up to £97 now and the other Travelodges are full :( Will have to look into it.
Anonymous

I can get a train for £12 return but wouldn't be able to get there until mid-day.

What time you guys plan on stopping there till?

Lor Dean is £19 per person for a twin if you fancy sharing matt, obviously dependent on what people do...

If anyone is able to offer a lift there and back I'd appreciate it and offer petrol. Wasn't going to do camelot but if i can get a lift, I would do it... as I haven't done this since a young age! :)

I'm sure you lot want to try blackpool piers at night?
Let me know guys :D
sammie04

Me and Ant will be coming along to Blackpool on the sunday :D .

I also agree Blackpool piers at night, waltzers anyone? :P
Rob L

I'll now be at Blackpool on the Sunday!

:D

Jordan

What time are people planning to meet at Mandyland on the Saturday?
Vik

Arrival times have yet to be sorted, but usually most people will be there and have wristbands collected by park opening.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

John

To anyone who hasn't got a PBB wristband yet - fans of PBB can get 1/2 price wristbands this sunday. Obviously they've got the £20 deal on at the moment so it's only a £5 saving on the online rate, but still fantastic value.

link: [url=http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 204&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 204&ref=mf[/url]