Paulton's Park Enthusiast Day - Saturday 11th September

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Craig

The guys over at Coasterforce have been busy behind the scenes organising an enthusiast's day at Paulton's Park. After the success of our little unofficial enthusiast get together back at Corkscrew's open day, an invitation has been sent out to coaster communities inviting those who are interested to attend. Paulton's wish to say thanks to enthusiasts who have supported the park, so the day includes plenty of activities that wouldn't normally be available on a visit. You're more than welcome to wander around within your own group from TTF, or join in with the guys from CF and other communities on park.

So, here's the details:

The Date - Saturday 11th September

The Itinerary
08:15: Arrival and entry to the park.
08:30 - 09:00: Opportunity to photograph Edge and Cobra from areas not normally accessible to the the public.
09:00 - 10:00: Exclusive Ride Time on both Edge and Cobra.
10:15 - 10:30: Peppa Pig World presentation by Stephen Lorton in the Cedar Room.
10:30 - 11:00: Guided tour of the Peppa Pig World building site.
11:00 - 13:00: Co-ordinates Competition. A treasure hunt style game with prizes to be won.
13:00: Presentation to the winners on the Cobra patio.
13:15- close: Enjoy the rest of the park.

The price
Entry is £14.50 for the day, and we're awaiting confirmation as to when this will be payable (i.e on arrival or in advance).

There is also the choice of an optional meal. For £6.55, you can have a 12 oz drink, chips and a
choice of either sausage, nuggets or a vegetarian option. This isn't mandatory, and is purely an optional add on.

How do I sign up?
You must sign up prior to arriving, and to do so, please visit the CoasterForce website and enter your details on the forum. There'll then be further information on the day as and when we get it in this topic and also on CoasterForce's website.

Feel free to discuss your plans below, and remember, you must sign up on the above link prior to attending! I'll also add your name to a who's going list on this post as people confirm their attendance.

Finally, a huge thank you has to go to Paulton's Park and CoasterForce for making such a day possible!
Kelpie

Just to check:
Is it Saturday 11th September?
Or Sunday 12th September?

Sadly Sunday 11th doesn't exist... :)
Chris W

Its Saturday 11th September. Ignore Craig's fail. :wink:
Craig

Could've edited it Chris :P Fixed now!
Rowe

I would do this, but annoyingly the same day I'm starting my course at Film School over in Ealing, so I wouldn't be able to make it.
Last edited by Rowe on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mankey

If anyone here is doing this I totally want to! It's like a 20 min drive up the road for me lmao! :D I dont however wanna go on my bill!
Back from hibernation!
furie

[quote=""Mankey""]If anyone here is doing this I totally want to! It's like a 20 min drive up the road for me lmao! :D I dont however wanna go on my bill![/quote]

I'm about 50/50 at the moment. I need somebody to car share with me to bring the travelling cost down.

I can't ride at the moment anyway, so I'd only be doing it for the behind the scenes stuff and to support the day.

I'll let you know if I'm going, though you don't know me anyway :lol:
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
Mankey

Well we bumped into you at the pink day at towers so! :)
Back from hibernation!
Mattmash

Just checked my work rota and am off on the Friday night so I'm actually quite tempted by this, it's just so dam far away :( At least I'd be able to stop with my sister in Surrey on the Friday night, maybe even throw in a Chessie or Thorpe trip on the Friday to make the trip more worth it. Would have to leave early though to be back for work on the Saturday night.

Will have a good think about it, will of course depend on whether you are going Chris, not going on my todd :P
Mankey

I'm very very tempted, its really not far for me... I'm not too sure how to get there though... If I were driving sure, that'd be fine, but I wont be! :lol: I dunno what bus connections are like!
Back from hibernation!
Craig

For those who are going who haven't received the mail or for those who are looking to go last minute, please take a look at the below information from Ian:

Hello,

Thank you for singing up to the Paultons Park Enthusiasts Day on this coming Saturday, 11th September. Apologies for the abnormally formal format to this email, there is a lot of important information to convey.

Meet-up & Payment
You will need to arrive by the ticket booths by 8am as park entry is at 8:20 prompt.
It is £14.50 for those over 1mtr tall. Under 1mtrs are free. To speed up the payment process, please, if possible, have the correct money ready in cash.
If you arrive after 08:20, you will have to pay the normal price and enter when the gates open to the public, therefore missing the exclusive ride time.

I do have a list of who has signed up, so please make yourself known to me so I can cross you off. If you don't know who you're looking for, look for a stressed out bloke in a baseball cap! Alternatively, ask a member of Paulton's staff.

Schedule
Please note there is a slight change for the one originally posted. Edge is no longer included in the exclusive ride time (ERT) but has been replaced with a reverse cycle on the chair swings!
08:00-08:20: Payment and entry to the park.
08:30-09:00: Opportunity to photograph Edge and Cobra from areas usually off-limits to the public.
09:00-10:00: Exclusive ride time on Cobra and reverse cycle Sky Swinger.
10:15-10:30: Peppa Pig World presentation by Stephen Lorton in the Cedar Room.
10:30-11:00: Guided tour of the Peppa Pig World construction site.
11:00-13:00: "Treasure hunt." You can ride at the same time, but there will be prizes on offer!
13:00-13:15: Presentation to winners on the Cobra Patio.

After 13:15, you will have the rest of the day to enjoy the park at your leisure. Please be aware that the tour of the construction site is at your own risk. As it's a building site, the ground may be uneven/muddy/ect. Please take extra care when walking and pay attention to instructions given by the tour guide.

Lunch
If you signed up for the lunch, you can go to the Wagoner's Restaurant and order from the menu. The lunch offered in the itinery will cost the same as the menu price.

Other information
Should you need to contact me for any reason, my mobile phone number is pm Craig for number. Please do not text me, phone calls only. If I cannot answer, leave a short message and I will return your call when I can.

Turnout for the event is nearly 100 attendees. This covers enthusiasts from CoasterForce, RCCGB, Theme Park Tourist, Mania Hub, Towers Times, Ride Gude and Theme Park Review.

I'm sure you'll agree that it's a great opportunity to network with other groups as well as supporting a great little park. It will be a cracking day out!

I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Cheers,
Ian