Warwick Castle: Saturday 3rd April 2010

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Deleted

Now, be warned... this isnt about a theme park! So if your one of these people who just cant bear not reading about theme parks, you might want to look away now (or you could just look at the pretty photographs instead)

We normally only pop here when either extremely bored or if there is nothing else to do, but as today seemed such a nice day weather wise we decided to head 3 miles up the road to Warwick Castle.

We had a fantastic day here today, when we arrived at 12pm the car park was pretty busy, but managed to get a space nether-the-less.

Some good notable additions around the Castle Grounds this year which I have listed below:-

Knight School

This is priced at £5 a gives youngsters a chance to train like a knight with swords etc, at the end they get a certificate.

The Royal Weekend Party "Secret Lives"

This is good. Its basically the waxwork models in the main part of the castle, as before. But all the figures now have sensors and internal speakers to make it more interactive, there is also a funny ending with a 4 poster bed moving around and noises coming from inside. They have made the whole exhibit more quirky and fun to walk around.

The Castle Dungeons

Now priced at £7.50 on top of the £19.99 entrance fee, although still free before 10am and after 4pm for Merlin Pass holders, some new effects added in here since my last visit which work very well.

There was masses of staff around today, all in a fantastic mood with lots and lots going on, there was medivial tents all over the place, we saw a great Warwick Warriors show with live sword fighting, and the birds of prey show is as good as always.

Kingmaker seems to have been spruced up also, with everything working and the smell pots back in action, although things like a portable cd player shouldn't be on sight for visitors! [-X

We were there for around 4hrs arriving in the afternoon, had we got there this morning we probably would have struggled to see and do everything in one day, there was so much on.

On the whole, there was a great atmosphere there today, and makes a welcome change to standing in queues all day at the same park week in week out. Go spoil yourselves and drum some education and history into your brains one weekend! And its FREE with a Merlin pass! :lol:

PS. I reccomend the BBQ Burgers stand, You get a 1/2lb burger with fresh salad and cheese in a bun/batch/cob/barmcake whatever you wanna call it for with a drink for £4.99 (-20% MAP Discount)
Martin.C

When we went there this easter holiday on the 4th April, it was just as busy as it looks in the photos, and their easter event was quite good this year, (especially the tents around the castle moat showing some festivals, games and shows, like the arrowman aiming at a target metres away, just by the entrance to the castle).
Also, did you get into the castle dungeons for free with your warwick annual pass, because we did, with our merlin passes.
Great event and nice pictures!

P.S - You said that it's free for the dungeons before 10, and after 4pm. How is that? Because we got our tickets at mid-day, and it was still completely free?
Deleted

I have a merlin pass also, not a Warwick one.

I think its down to how busy it is with the tickets also, did you get a 4pm slot when you purchased them?
Martin.C

[quote=""Kryn""]I have a merlin pass also, not a Warwick one.

I think its down to how busy it is with the tickets also, did you get a 4pm slot when you purchased them?[/quote]
Yes. It was very busy there and all the tickets for the attraction were sold out by about mid-day.