Th13teen Preview Weekend: CANCELLED

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
tidy_martin

Team Edit - This event has now been cancelled, discussion regarding this continues from this page
Alton Towers Resort, the UK's most popular theme park Resort, and home to some the world’s most jaw-dropping rides such as Nemesis and Oblivion is launching a fantastic new world’s first attraction on March 20th 2010.

We are inviting you to have an exclusive sneak preview of the ground-breaking £15million attraction the weekend before it opens to the public! This fantastic package includes:

* An overnight stay on Friday 12th & Saturday 13th March 2010 in the Alton Towers Hotel including, Bed, Breakfast and Evening meal
* Meet the team behind the project:
o Morwenna Angove, Sales & Marketing Director presents the Marketing of Thirteen
o Gary Moss, Brand Vista Director presents some of the research behind Thirteen
o John Wardley, Ride consultant gives an insight as to how Thirteen was evolved and what makes it so unique
* Exclusive opportunity to ask the team questions and find out information before anyone else
* Tour of the new ride itself – meet Keith Workman the project manager on site and get the opportunity to look in places which will usually be inaccessible
* See behind the scenes of nearby attractions Rita and Hex
* Get limited edition merchandise – including a certificate and photograph!
* Unlimited access to Alton Towers Waterpark and Extraordinary Golf throughout your stay
* PLUS many extra surprises and giveaways!

* Please note - unfortunately we cannot guarantee a ride on Thirteen. Photographs will be allowed during the event however due to the top secret nature of this event we would kindly ask that photographs are not published online until March 20th 2010. Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to change/alter or cancel the event/offering. Limited availability.

Prices start at £99 per person per night (based on 2 sharing), and £65 per person per night for each additional person sharing the room. Rooms in the Alton Towers Hotel sleep a maximum of four people.
Annual Pass discount – receive 10% off your booking!

If any one is up for this which I am, i got prices for it the whole event is in alton towers hotel no splash alowed !

2 people per room with ap discount £356.40 pp £178.20
4 people per room with ap discount £590.00 pp £147.50
5 people per room with ap discount £707.40 ( no 6 rooms in alton ) pp £141.48
6 in a suite with AP discount £959.40 pp £159.90

THE AP DISCOUNT IS 10%

what do people think to this ?
nickn5

Booked it at 12 midday today here :mrgreen: Can't wait, have been hoping like mad there would be something like this, as I missed out on the behind the scenes tours from years ago. I just hope it's a success and that the tours might become an annual feature again, to do other parts of the park #-o sorry resort.

furie

£656 for me to take the family_furie for the weekend! £656

We're staying at home :)

looks great but far too much - I could almost do DLRP for that much!
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
DanB

Definitely up for this!
With 4 people £75 per night for B&B, evening meal, swimming, golf and all the rest is pretty good value.

I have a room booked with Hark, Kryn & Astrodan
Last edited by DanB on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vik

I'm sorted now. :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Hark

Yup im going to this =]=]=]=]=]
Anonymous

All sorted this end.

It's either going to be me and vik in a room.
If the other 1 unconfirmed person gets back to me tonight with 100% it will be 3 in my room.

If it's 4, it will be BrettS, Vik, Islandar

Only me and vik are confirmed at the moment.

So still one open space to make it a 4 room. If not, just me and vik as he is confirmed.
tidy_martin

kool sounds like there will be a few of us going
Darren

Also booked up and going to this. I'm counting down the days now!
Anonymous

Going to try and book now. Did want to make it a 4bed room but people having issues with getting the money so looks like it will be me and vik only in the room.
Hark

[quote=""BrettS""]Going to try and book now. Did want to make it a 4bed room but people having issues with getting the money so looks like it will be me and vik only in the room.[/quote]

Why don't you wait it out? You have a week on your reservation - don't jump to conclusions something might crop up.
Anonymous

Another confirmed guest for our room.

Matt Clifton.

Thats 3/3 - Can make it 4/4 if needed.
It's always lowered our prices, so will be sending some money back your way tomorrow vik :)
Mattmash

As Brett says, I'll now be coming along and stopping with him and Vik (so far). Can't wait, should be awesome :D
Dean

I've 3 places in my held room (held until 18th Dec) £75 deposit required to confirm your place...

Room now full...
Last edited by Dean on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Ok

Fully booked up now. In my room there is:

BrettS, Vik, Mattmash, Islander

Be great to see you guys, really excited now! :D
NickT04

[quote=""furie""]£656 for me to take the family_furie for the weekend! £656

We're staying at home :)

looks great but far too much - I could almost do DLRP for that much![/quote]

I was humming and harring over this after reading about it, I'm a sucker for exclucive merchandise and certificates etc. But then I saw the price, no thank you! I may not get the chance to go behind the scenes and as furie says looks great but no way am I paying £150!
Matt.C

It made me laugh that they say they cannot gurantee a ride on Thirteen :P That's down to all the maintenence and stuff though I suppose. Shame none of my family would want to go.
James6

I was desperate to go on this, but like you guys even for what it is, it's extortionate, I wish they wouldn't alienate there most loyal visitors by putting the price so high.

Almost £400 for a short weekend break...
Last edited by James6 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Anonymous

In all honesty. If your sharing with 2 or 4 people. It's not so bad.

Your looking either £198 / £164 per person per night.

As AstroDan has said here: [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 89#p492289" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?p=492289#p492289[/url]

For 2nights and whats included, it's actually a GOOD price. I myself, like most people are paying around the £140 - £170 mark for both nights.

It really is quite a good deal when you sit and think about it!
evil cod

Oh yes please can I pay an over the top amount to see a ride before I get to ride it therefore spoiling any excitement and anticipation! Ill give it a miss.