Th13teen Preview Weekend: CANCELLED

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Sazzle

I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that the guys in charge of the event don't even have an intinerary themselves yet? The question was raised as to why we had to spend two nights at the Resort when there wasn't anything happening on the Friday night, and it was mentioned that there MAY be something organised for then but the planning hadn't been finalised.

Given the event is a little over a month away, I would have thought an itinerary would be close to publishing... We shall have to wait and see! I do hope there is something for the Friday night, else I shall spend my evening drinking WKD Blue in the bar - something I do on every occassion I stay over at the Resort :-P (for a considerably cheaper amount I hasten to add!).
cmpunk771

Lol i love WKD! I will be joining you at the bar :) Im only 16 that weekend so i guess my dad will have to help me out :P

I am sure they made us stay on friday becuase they want to start early on saurday otherwise it would be a nightmare if we had to be there at 9 on sat for people like me when its a 4 hour journey, and it gives us time at the water park :P
Dean

[quote=""cmpunk771""]Alton if you are reading this can we get an official announcement or maybe an itinerary?[/quote]

[quote=""Alton Towers""]We are busy preparing TH13TEEN and the surrounding area to ensure everything is ready for the official opening on March 20th 2010- this is our number one priority. With tight schedules and days of planned training and finishing touches we decided not to include a ride on TH13TEEN as part of this package when the package went on sale last year.

With current booking levels for the weekend we will already be taking a whole day out of the handover schedule to complete behind the scenes tours on the ride.

We will of course do everything in our power to ensure that the TH13TEEN Preview weekend lives up to expectations and provides excellent value for money. [/quote]

I did post this information from Alton Towers the other day if you have missed it?
Dormiens-Dave

I think the trouble dean is that since you posted that other towers employee's have said that there will be a ride, people are just getting angry that there are mixed messages and want a final clarification.
cmpunk771

Thats it dave, just its annoying that we are getting mixed messages. :@
Squiggles

But Alton Towers have no need to clarify it. The event page states quite clearly that the package does not include a ride on Thirteen, so your best bet is to go along not expecting a ride on Thirteen as it is not part of the announced line up.

If during the event they then do give a ride on Thirteen think of it as a pleasant surprise and added bonus, above and beyond the package you have booked. (Think of it just like every other ride in the park... we're not expecting them to be open, but if any of them were it would be a nice little addon to the trip)
Edwardo..... move me!
Dormiens-Dave

I agree they don't need to clarify whether there is a ride or not (i spent a good few pages discussing that :D ). My problem is the person i spoke to yesterday pretty much said "yes you will get a ride" yet cmpunk771 does the same thing and gets the response "you will not get a ride for definite" which is also what dean was told.

If i wasn't active on here and had been told what i was told on the phone, then turned up to the event and didn't get a ride i would have every right to be miffed.

As it is i'm not all that bothered as i booked the weekend with no expectancy of getting a ride
cmpunk771

I am not too bothered its just a bit annoying that they cant tell us something straight, But none the less i am extremely exited about this weekend!
Mankey

I've said this before they're a business, they want money and you walked right into their marketing trap.

The same as you would if you spend ages on the phone listening to a salesperson telling you something is free, then asking for your card details! :|
Back from hibernation!
Squiggles

[quote=""Dormiens-Dave""]I agree they don't need to clarify whether there is a ride or not (i spent a good few pages discussing that :D ). My problem is the person i spoke to yesterday pretty much said "yes you will get a ride" yet cmpunk771 does the same thing and gets the response "you will not get a ride for definite" which is also what dean was told.
[/quote]

Sorry, my bad. That'll teach me for skim reading topics. :oops:
Edwardo..... move me!
Benedique

Has anyone tried contacting Alton through their official Facebook Page? I asked them about the Schedule for the weekend a few weeks back and they said that they would be getting back to us with it soon, perhaps if someone asked on the page about whether 13 will be available to ride at this event we might actually get an answer from someone who knows what they are talking about! I would ask them myself but i've deactivated my facebook account for a few days!
Darren

The Thirteen webpage has been updated to incorporate the old site and the new site. The Thirteen weekend page now states you do not get a ride. :(
Dormiens-Dave

Yeh its been like that for a while
tidy_martin

After a little faff from Towers I got told early this evening if I was looking forward to getting to ride 13 @ the preview weekend. I said we are not getting to ride it just a tour and he said you do.
Last edited by tidy_martin on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benedique

They need to communicate because we are all getting told different things, i'm just going with the website though as I take that to be official! They have posted the weekend on facebook now, I'm guessing they are getting desperate to fill the places on it as they first announced it back in December and they still must have a considerable amount of places left if they are turning to facebook! Don't know whether anyone has seen the post but the majority of people commenting are saying its too expensive, looks like it will probably be us lot plus a few others from the other forums. Judging by the posts i'm guessing most of the public aren't as enthusiastic about it as we all are.

I would love it if only a handful of people went on the weekend because i'd like to think we could talk Alton round to giving us a ride if say there would only be about 3 trains worth of people there :D! i'll just carry on wishing haha!

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: POST INFO ADDED

Ok so I've just asked Alton about why we are all being told different things and they said this
Hi Dominique - the official source for information is the website - that will always be the most reliable source of information for the Thirteen Weekend. I'm sure it's going to be a unique event, it's great that you are coming and we look forward to seeing you. You'll receive both a confirmation letter for your booking shortly, and an itinerary before the weekend takes place to help you plan your trip.
Dylan

^ I think that pretty much sums it.
They have communicated via the website (and Facebook) that a ride is not included.
The people who are answering calls are probably not fully up to date on the itinerary and plans for the weekend.
Assume you won't get to ride, that way there will be less disappointment on the weekend if you don't get to ride.
Rob L

This is getting all rather silly now to be honest, Tower's website and the Thirteen website now both say "Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a ride on Thirteen as part of this package", so that's changed once again. But the Merlin AP site still says a ride is not included.

I'm going to go to the weekend not expecting a ride on Thirteen, as that way I can't be disappointed, but it would be nice if everywhere was giving us the same information to whether a ride is included or not. Just over 4 weeks to go now, and I'm sure it's going to be a pretty amazing weekend whatever happens!

Alex

Its quite strange that they have changed it back again to saying "is not guranteed.." mmm im getting rather confused atm LOL

But like rob, I will take it as not getting a ride and if we do, a bonus!
Benedique

I don't think they've decided themselves yet! I can't help thinking that they are following this topic and similar topics over on the other forums and they decided, as we were all expecting a ride, to let us know we wouldn't be getting one, but then they saw the uproar it caused and are now trying to make it possible for us to ride (hence them changing it back again, and them telling me to check the website) they didn't actually answer my question as to whether we would get to ride or not they just simply said the website was a reliable source of information which its not because it keeps changing!
cmpunk771

Well i hope we get a ride and i am exited about seeing the itinerary asap because i have a few arrangements to sort out around that ie mothers day

But thanks towers for hearing are pain lol! I am looking forward to the weekend