Explorers Pizza and Pasta Buffet

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
AstroDan

It's £8.95 not £7.00. It remains good value but has gone up by over £2 since it opened.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
sr3d_

[quote=""AstroDan""]It's £8.95 not £7.00. It remains good value but has gone up by over £2 since it opened.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk[/quote]

Meant to put that was on an Annual pass with 20% off. £8.95 is still decent value if you need a good meal in the park though.
Slappy McGuire

The food is decent, but sometimes the queues are more like ride queues, and as you are paying to use it, this fact sticks in the throat a little. Feels a little like a boxing day sale at times. 6/10
Tom G

Prices have increased 8.5% here compared to last season. I'd like to know how Nick Varney would justify that.

It's still fairly good value for a theme park and probably my favourite place to eat but that's irrelevant to the price hike issue.

The music is insanely repetitive as well!
djtruefitt

I have only had food there once and that was last summer. I would say its one of the best value and nicest of the Alton food outlets. I think its really good value if you take full advantage of it, have a drink or two, pizza, garlic bread and salad and you would pay the £8 or so at pizzahut. However if you dont eat much food or arnt hungry, then its probably a waste of money and you would be better off going to another food place and buying a sma.

The only downside to it is that because you are at a theme park the chances are you wont want to eat too much food during dinner as you dont want to be sick later on in the afternoon on Nemesis! So its better later in the day or if you arnt planning on doing many rides.
MissSmith

I go to the Towers every couple of weeks but I haven't been to this restraunt until recently. I thought it would be really expensive and it always looks too busy but I was pleasantly surprised.

The queue gets eaten up pretty quickly and the price isn't bad. The food is great and unlimited drinks is even better. The buffets normally get you with the drink prices.

Overall, a great restraunt and now my favourite on the park.
Deceiving Others.
That is what the world calls a romance.
MinteButtons

I only ate at this restaurant for the first time yesterday because I prefer to eat while I'm waiting for rides.

I expected it to be busy, loud and a long wait but I was pleasantly surprised.
We were seated immediately and the service was instant. £9 is a bit expensive for a buffet, but I got my AP discount, that brought it down to just over £7 which is more reasonable.

It was busy, but not very loud. The staff were like ninjas! The minute the last slice of pizza was gone a fresh one appeared in it's place.
They had a varied range of pizzas (only 2 vegetarian, but you're really limited to Quorn, margerita and vegetable) the food was delicious!

Much tastier than pizza hut, which I find to be overly greasy and salty.
The service was fast, food was great and the atmosphere was good.

9/10
Don't_Look_Down

I will try to give a fair review, I'm not one for pizza, and ate here with a friend.

There really is a great selection of pizza here if that if your thing. Everything seems to be well laid out and appealing. The salad bar offers a vast array of different food, so vegetarians needn't feel left out. With drinks thrown in, I felt this was all good value for money.

Unfortunately, the pasta leaves a lot to be desired. Not only was there a limited selection available (two dishes), the pasta had been sitting around for a while, and was an overcooked slimy mess. Not very appetising!

7/10
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
jackgcse

Excellent buffet! 9/10...its cheap and great value.
If its cold you can ask to swap the unlimited refills for a hot drink of your choice (non-refillable)

So all in all its by far the best place to eat, in my opinion.

The staff are usually very very friendly (you only have to go to Pizza Hut Thorpe park to realise that one)

Overall great, and nothig beats eating pizza and humming to the Katanga kanyon theme music!
Adam James

Went for my first visit since the days of Pizza Hut/KFC, and must say  the meal was rather enjoyable. Whilst there was a moderate queue (which always seems to be the case) and service did seem a bit rushed and impersonal at times, the food on offer is of a rather high standard. And it helps when you absolutely adore pizza.

At £8.95 for adults it is a tad pricey, but then again you can soon get your money's worth with a few 'seconds'.
However, with unlimited soft drinks chucked in, the cost doesn't actually seem too costly.

I'd give Explorers a solid 7/10.
SuperWill

I went here for the first time yesterday with my friend and I was impressed! We got seated very quickly which was good and we used our MAP's to get the 20% discount. Had we not used our MAP's, it would of cost us £19.90! :O The pizza selection was good and each pizza was clearly labeled so you could see what pizza you wanted. I think the pasta selection was limited but I didn't see. Can't say anything about the salad as well as I only had Margherita pizza! The unlimited refills was brilliant but I only refilled my cup twice! Lol! I will defiantly go back to Pizza and Pasta again! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
awsomelycoolboy

(kitchen immediately the other side of the pizza and pasta counter means staff can keep tracks on food levels and replace food without constantly shouting at customers to move and try not to burn them with hot pans! (thorpe park pizza hut buffet for anyone whos experienced it will know what i mean!).
Oh mah GAWD! I hadn't even finished reading the paragraph and thorpe park popped straight into my mind then when I got to the bottom I saw
thorpe park Pizza Hut buffet for anyone who's experienced it will know what I mean!
lol. Thorpe really need to re design it,but at least the food was alright there. But not as good as explorers pizza and pasta buffet. I give it 10/10 for service, food, price and atmosphere!