Sun Free Tickets

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Anonymous

When these come through it will be my 3rd time this year and I can't wait already. I was just wonering whether anyone knows the time that they take to be sent. Cheers
amylovesaltontowers

I think it's about a week.

Have you sent off for the ones that can only be used in May or can you use them any time??

:D
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
barryzola

It depends when you've stated that you wanted to visit. As far as i'm aware they send them out first to people requesting the soonest dates. I think they said that they aim to get them sent out within 28 days though. Or am i just imagining that?
oldgitBEN

a lad i know did it and hes been waiting about 3 weeks now, i believe it was first come first sent so i'd be a little doubtful now - but i didnt read the whole thing so may be wrong.

I did notice however they had a closing date for the tickets which was the date the very last token was printed, which if people started late means its been a waste of money for them - bit naughty i thought.
Chris1

I've got mine, it's just a shame I'll be unable to go on the selected day....

:roll:
Joel

[quote=""Chrïs""]I've got mine, it's just a shame I'll be unable to go on the selected day....

:roll:[/quote]

Likewise, I got mine about 2 weeks ago, and they are for use this Thursday.

Can't use them though :roll:
Craig

Moved to trip planning and reports :D

I doubt we'll ever find out, but it'd be interesting to know just what percentage of these tickets are actually used! The tickets sounded like a fantastic deal on the face of things, but the conditions applied to them and the application process cause more difficulty than it's worth!
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""Poopdeck Captain Joel""][quote=""Chrïs""]I've got mine, it's just a shame I'll be unable to go on the selected day....

:roll:[/quote]

Likewise, I got mine about 2 weeks ago, and they are for use this Thursday.

Can't use them though :roll:[/quote]

Yeh, me too. I'v got an anual pass but my mum sent off for some and they can only be used in may.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Coke

Plus you can only pick a timeframe, then they pick you an exact date, so probably most of us who sent for them, can't go

Are you thirsty?
Balb0wa

i applied for 3 lots, different adresses, 2 lots have come through, mon 21st april and mon 23rd june so far.
Sarah_RKO

I'm still waiting for mine, I sent off for them over 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty doubtful now.
Jerichoholic..-- RAW..is...Jericho!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

It's rediculous giving you a set day, mine are useless (26th June) we picked the summer holidays and sent them the first day you could. There a waste of time and should have been able to use them in the time brackets you picked not a random day of their choosing. Total con! :evil:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Anonymous

[quote=""Sarah_RKO""]I'm still waiting for mine, I sent off for them over 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty doubtful now.[/quote]

Same boat as me, I think my application has failed.
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""Scallywag Spike""]It's rediculous giving you a set day, mine are useless (26th June) we picked the summer holidays and sent them the first day you could. There a waste of time and should have been able to use them in the time brackets you picked not a random day of their choosing. Total con! :evil:[/quote]

I agree.

They would have known before they put them in the newspaper that most people who send off for them will not get the day of their choice, and therefore not be able to use them.
Ian

I sent mine in on the day that the offer ended and wasn't hopeful that I'd get anywhere at all but I did and managed to bag Friday 5th Sep which is pretty good timing!
jamieoliver22

I still haven't had mine yet, as seen here: http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=20181 :? :cry:
evil cod

[quote=""Scallywag Spike""]It's rediculous giving you a set day, mine are useless (26th June) we picked the summer holidays and sent them the first day you could. There a waste of time and should have been able to use them in the time brackets you picked not a random day of their choosing. Total con! :evil:[/quote]

Not really a con since it was clearly stated they would be for a set day darling :roll:
Balb0wa

i was a bit peeved to, but ive had two lots so far and there for in the week a few months apart, there free tickets for the price of 5 or 6 newspapers, you cant grumble at that :)
Sarah_RKO

I received mine today, for Sunday 20th April :D Hopefully I can make it!
Jerichoholic..-- RAW..is...Jericho!
Charlotte

I'v recieved my free tickets for the 20th September but i'v noticed that the writing on it seems to be a bit squashed up on them and so is the bar code, is anyone elses like this? :? Are they going to work, or am i going to have trouble getting into the park? :?