Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Lauren

Lucky buggers.. :roll:
Is there a limit to how many parties they can allow in on a average day?
Danzaw*nk

Capacity is 35,000 I think

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Craig

Ah the annual theme park break. One trip t'fair and one to Blackpool and that's it for me. God help anyone visiting on weekdays over the next month :P
blablabla

Oh no, I'm going on Tuesday (26th) and was hoping the school trips wouldn't be starting till the following week (start of July) :evil:
Wes

If the weather improves, it will be a down right awful experience :P
Gashead

**** sake im going on Monday
stokywolf

Expect queues, queues and more queues!

Never mind visiting the park and expecting it too be busy, Just dont visit at all! The annoying kids with strange glaswegian like voices take over and queues of about 3 weeks are expected. Also expect rides such as Rita, Nemesis or The minetrain to go down quiet often as the rides staff try to find replacement wheels as the scouse kids knick off with them quiet regularly whilst the rides are in motion. Beleive it or not, as wheel like as the enterprise is it only took 5 scouse kids last year to be found rolling it down Dimble lane in Alton village.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Gashead

FFS was really looking forward to my trip, Now its going to be ruined by the likes of screach off saved by the bell, the Byker Grove clan and kooing Barney the Dinosaur!
Nick

I wouldn't expect it to be majorly busy really until you get into July though.
Simon

We were never taken to Alton Towers on school trips.

Best we got was the Black Country Sodding Museum. And that's if we were 'lucky' as we used to get trudged up there regularly.
Ryan Kingdaka

I dunno. I went on a school trip day last year and the top queue was 20 mins, and i think that was for Rita, with Nemmie and Air being 10-15 min queues and Oblivion and Corky walk on.
Stu

Our school used to go to Drayton Mannor during school trip times.. and Drayton Mannor used to hired in big massive 6feet high builders fencing to tie wrap around the queue line to stop queue jumping and fights breewing and so on. Looked a right mess around the park!!
caffeine_demon

[quote=""Simon""]We were never taken to Alton Towers on school trips.

Best we got was the Black Country Sodding Museum. And that's if we were 'lucky' as we used to get trudged up there regularly.[/quote]

nor did we - kid's these days don't know they're born, grumble, groan, waffle.....
Ryan Kingdaka

[quote=""caffeine_demon""][quote=""Simon""]We were never taken to Alton Towers on school trips.

Best we got was the Black Country Sodding Museum. And that's if we were 'lucky' as we used to get trudged up there regularly.[/quote]

nor did we - kid's these days don't know they're born, grumble, groan, waffle.....[/quote]

Ok grandad, don't get in to a waffle fit about it. :P :lol:
Chris1

Our school never went anywhere....

Especially not after what we did to the brewery....:roll:

Must be nice though....*Sigh*
sputty

Oh pants, im off on monday, does seem a little early for all the school kids though? i know when i went with school it wasn't till july? and the queue's werent *THAT* long maximum of about 15mins.

Any idea what time the park will be shutting next week?
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""mrstu""]Our school used to go to Drayton Mannor during school trip times.. and Drayton Mannor used to hired in big massive 6feet high builders fencing to tie wrap around the queue line to stop queue jumping and fights breewing and so on. Looked a right mess around the park!![/quote]

When i went to Drayton Manor last year with school that is what they did with the fences. Ques were horrendous, G Force and shockwave were both around 3 hours. My group only got on three rides.
Apocalypse x 2-Stand up and sit down. (Que was only 40 minutes each time)
Pandemonium x 1 (Que was an hour)
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Vik

Although it will be busy, if you can take advantage of early ride time, then should be able to get the major rides out of the way before the masses decend and make the queues unbareably long.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Ant

[quote=""Stokywolf""]rides staff try to find replacement wheels as the scouse kids knick off with them quiet regularly whilst the rides are in motion. Beleive it or not, as wheel like as the enterprise is it only took 5 scouse kids last year to be found rolling it down Dimble lane in Alton village.[/quote]

You Better keep hold of yer picsolvent camera then Ray theres a couple of Coaches of them going down next fri. Have to tell them to give ya a wave :P .
AstroDan

Here's some examples from July 2005 when I last visited during this period, on a weekday...

Rita: 120 mins
Air: 180 mins
Nemesis: 90 mins
Oblivion: 60 mins
Flume: 60 mins

And it went on... Stay well clear! Weekends will be OK though.