Forgotten History

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
LoopinLiam

Hi all,

I wanted to create this topic to create a large database of all the forgotten history pieces of Alton Towers, such as the milestones around saying things like ,'To Alton Abbey, 2 miles.', and to see if we can find any new forgotten history amongst the bushes. I want to get as much information and logging of their existence and directions to get to it, so then I can make it into a huge webpage. All of the help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day!
 - LoopingLiam :)
Looping Liam/Theme Park Goose
LoopinLiam

I've made a list of notes. If you have any info on the things on there please tell me so I can update them. Thank you :) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GFs ... sp=sharing
Bert

As someone who's very familiar with the public areas of the park I can genuinely say that I've never seen these around the park or even around the chained oak walk, although there may be some tucked away in areas zoned off to the public. Alton Towers in part due to it's size has loads of weird nooks and crannies that's accumulated over the years. 

Alton Towers also has Flag Tower behind Walliams World/Dungeons, whilst widely known, there's very little pictures of the Tower, especially recent photos. Also does anyone know what the structure is behind the trees on the opposite side of the Hex entrance? I've been past it loads of times over the years but I only seemed to have noticed it behind the trees since about last September.

By the way, for future reference, You can embed links by pressing the chain link in the message bar (like this) instead of just pasting the whole link in a post. 
[Insert Signature Here]
Tom

There are definitely some of these marker posts along the old route from Quixhill gate, up past King Ina's rock etc. If I recall correctly there may be one along the Woodland Walk from the hotels to the park, might be slightly off the main footpath though.

Possibly some around the Cuckoo Rock/Station Lodge area too.

It's likely that there will be some along the routes from Dimmingsdale and Threapwood lodges - plus the other lodges in the surrounding area.
LoopinLiam

When I next get to Towers i'll try and look for some, ill be sure to add them to the doc.
Emily-May
Team
Team

LoopinLiam wrote:Hi all,

I wanted to create this topic to create a large database of all the forgotten history pieces of Alton Towers, such as the milestones around saying things like ,'To Alton Abbey, 2 miles.', and to see if we can find any new forgotten history amongst the bushes. I want to get as much information and logging of their existence and directions to get to it, so then I can make it into a huge webpage. All of the help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day!
 - LoopingLiam :)

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but there’s a lovely plaque on Inas rock. Sadly, 1/2 has long since disappeared but one is still in great condition considering it’s age. There are many forgotten paths lying around that haven’t been featured on park maps since the 80s but that doesn’t mean that they’re no longer there... you just have to look hard enough ;)
Towersofalton :)