Lost relics

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
caterhamsteve

Thought I would start a thread regarding artefacts from alton towers. I was camping at hales Hall campsite and sat at the side of the lake is one of the old Swan boats. Has anyone else seen old alton towers rides or relics in unusual places

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Altonboy001

one of the swans near wetley rocks in a garden used as massive scale plant pot/decoration
Tom

I've not really seen much outside of the park except a few of the swan boats, but there's lots of little hidden bits and pieces around the park from years gone by.
Paws

There isnt many outside of the park but there is a few inside the park itself.

Theres the Alton Towers sign in one of the cabins of the Magic Carpet ride at M&D's

A classic is the old "Aqualand" sign viewable from the river rapids queue line.

The old Planetarium projector is now themeing in the circle building in Oblivion's queue which can be seen here at around 1:51.

There is parts of the old Alpine Bobsleigh somewhere in the woods behind Dark Forest.

Viewable from Th13teens queue is old concrete walls from the past rides of Ug Land and Festival Park such as Boneshaker.

In the gardens is an old abandoned toilet buidling which is filled with old (but dirty) artifacts such as cups.

Im sure theres also many signs which still have rides such as Dynamo still on them.

and sort of related in an opposite way and posted in another topic, the mushroom cloud luxury tours bus when it was still used as a bus.
Tom

Thanks for posting that Paws, not seen the bus photo before so that's nice to see! :)

I think there's only one Dynamo sign left now, on the back of the KC/GW/FV sign as you are leaving Mutiny Bay, it's an old Forbidden Valley sign listing the rides; Air, Nemesis, Blade, Ripsaw and Dynamo. I've been meaning to grab a photo but not gotten around to it as yet.

Theres obviously the various bits of junk in the "graveyard" adjacent to the Duel warehouse, over the years it's had all sorts of stuff from different rides. It's always worth peeping through the gap between the gates if you are passing.