Past rides: "Where are they now?" The Guide

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
MRWTHO-AT

Thanks Paws. I think you must be right about the Bouncing Bugs, because had Alton Towers got them still, they probably would've made an appearance in CBeebies Land, themed around the yellow creatures that make the logo.
Gosh I didn't know the Double Inverters had become that unpopular. IMO great to watch, not so great to ride...
Also I wondered why ex-AT flatrides seem to have a better life post removal and then I thought, probably because some one has taken the time to really invest in them, especially mechanically.
Martin
Paws

MRWTHO-AT wrote:Thanks Paws. I think you must be right about the Bouncing Bugs, because had Alton Towers got them still, they probably would've made an appearance in CBeebies Land, themed around the yellow creatures that make the logo.
Gosh I didn't know the Double Inverters had become that unpopular. IMO great to watch, not so great to ride...
Also I wondered why ex-AT flatrides seem to have a better life post removal and then I thought, probably because some one has taken the time to really invest in them, especially mechanically.
Most of alton towers past rides were at the park for a considerably short time. This means that most of the rides would have left the park still pretty new. By now all the rides would have had to have parts replaced and went through extensive maintenance too keep them up and running.
vikkimoo

Beastie was my favourite ride for an embarrassingly long time, good to know what's happened to it. This post is ace!
Paws

Not really past ride related but heres some photos of the Mushroom Cloud Luxury Tours bus before it was taken over by Nemesis:
Paws

When Ripsaw is fully removed it will most likely be sold back to HUSS were it could be refurbished.

There is also a 1001 Nights for sale on ITAL which is very similer to Altons although the OP cabin is on the other side.
http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1853
Paws

The flume will probably be sold for scrapped and the boats might appear in local pubs and parks much like the swan boats when they were removed.
Paws

As confirmed in a post here, Submission is still at Alton Towers sitting in pieces near where Coaster Corner once was.
Adam.W

What's the building behind the bush on the last photo? (towards the right)
Probably nothing but worth asking.
Liam.W

Adam.W wrote:What's the building behind the bush on the last photo? (towards the right)
I don't know why but I keep looking at it and thinking it's Nemesis' loop :lol obviously it's not but I still think it
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

towerslover

Anyone think Submission could reappear next season? Would be quite happy as long as they changed the restraints!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liam.W

towerslover wrote:Anyone think Submission could reappear next season? Would be quite happy as long as they changed the restraints!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Highly doubt it. It has been laid to rot there and hasn't had any work done to it (presumably) so you probably have a higher chance of being struck by lightning twice than seeing submission make a come back!

LiamWhitehurst

Adam.W wrote:What's the building behind the bush on the last photo? (towards the right)
Here's the area where submission is, as you can see this was before submission was removed and I think that building is the poly tunnel. Image
Max

Found said path on Friday, I'll take a closer look on a better day but the path is ridiculously long. Be aware of this before you go looking for it :lol
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Tom

NemesisNosh wrote:Found said path on Friday, I'll take a closer look on a better day but the path is ridiculously long. Be aware of this before you go looking for it :lol
I wouldn't recommend going wandering around these areas. I doubt that AT would look favourably upon anyone caught there.
Robert.H

Tom-TT wrote:
NemesisNosh wrote:Found said path on Friday, I'll take a closer look on a better day but the path is ridiculously long. Be aware of this before you go looking for it :lol
I wouldn't recommend going wandering around these areas. I doubt that AT would look favourably upon anyone caught there.
They may even try to ban you to make you stop snooping around.
Azi889

It seems such a shame to see submission like that :(

Even though it was uncomfortable to ride it was a good ride to go on when ques were big for Oblivion.
weeksy53

Just to say, fantastic thread! Can't believe they got rid of Submission, considering all the other cuts, it doesn't make sense if it was in a vaguely working state. Terrible ride, but anything is better than nothing
theparklifekid

Taken from Towers Street Facebook page.

"We're at Heide-Park in Germany today, which is also owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments... and look what's in the car park! Ripsaw!"

Soooooooooo, I guess we know that Ripsaw Lives! (Or it could just be used for parts for the existing Top Spin)
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Liam.W

It will most likely be used as spare parts

RollercoasterRob

After a bit of research, I think I have found the Mississippi Showboat! And yes it still lives on in even greater glory than it did at Alton Towers! The time that the boat left Alton Towers, another boat with a strikingly similar resemblance popped up at another theme park in the south of Spain. Tivoli World, which is a small theme park about 45 years of age is where I believe that the showboat now resides. You will notice that the boat has been repainted and the old canopy on the top has been removed but after close inspection, the boats more intricate details remain exactly the same! This is the same theme park that recently appeared in the Meercat Movies advert!

CLICK FOR IMAGES
http://blog.fuertehoteles.com/wp-conten ... -World.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://assets.archivhadas.es/system/ima ... 1282807357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://previews.123rf.com/images/quasar ... -Photo.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;