Tree Top Quest [SBNO]

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
JustWill

Sr88 wrote:Which in my opinion is a good thing!
I know! I wasn't trying to make it sound like a bad thing
Sr88

Haha good ;)
jmed

Does anyone else think the estimated daily figures are a bit optimistic?

There are high ropes courses at Butlins, which in peak season have several thousand people on site, and they generally had around 80 to 100 per day.

So considering that most guests spend the majority of there time in the park, will it actually be as popular as they predict?

That said, I think it is a good addition. Definitely works towards the 'all round resort' idea.
cookiee_munster

its mainly going to be aimed at hotel guests wanting to do something outside of the theme park. especially during the winter season when the theme park is closed.

this will also be aimed at those team building type things big corporations do.
Altontowersbarlow

I agree that this is a good addition to the Alton Towers Resort and it is reassuring to know Merlin are still putting money and time into the expansion of accommodation and the overall resort at Alton Towers. This newest expansion of the Resort also links appropriately to the Enchanted Village 2015 development. I believe this as I would expect the Enchanted Village to boost guest numbers who are wishing to stay at the Resort and therefore this new High Ropes course will compensate for the extra number of guests and make sure existing activities at the Alton Towers Resort are not overwhelmed or overcrowded.
Danny

I wouldn't be surprised if guests at the Enchanted Village get tickets for this at a discounted price, good idea in my opinion as it will be a bigger selling point and would persuade guests to purchase this extra attraction tickets as they feel they are getting a good deal, whereas normal guests may not bother.
Aidan Lowe

From my experience from rope courses they are terribly time consuming the more people are doing them and this one if quite large so for those not necessarily there for the theme park they no doubt will enjoy this attraction on there stay.

[Edit] I've only just realized its a low level course and high level course, should make time completion considerably less.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
JustWill

jmed wrote:Does anyone else think the estimated daily figures are a bit optimistic?
There are high ropes courses at Butlins, which in peak season have several thousand people on site, and they generally had around 80 to 100 per day.
So considering that most guests spend the majority of there time in the park, will it actually be as popular as they predict?
in terms of popularity- probably about the same as the extraordinary golf. But remember it may be open all year which means that hotel guests in winter may be interested in it.

Do you reckon that this means they are going to be building new attractions (non-rides) around the hotels/waterpark?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A link to a blank page entitled 'Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest' has appeared on the website - https://www.altontowers.com/things-to-d ... top-quest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Danny

Man dies after falling from Orlando high ropes course:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/bre ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It had only been open a month, doesn't look very good :/
mark_h

From the linked article above:
Belvoir was wearing a harness but it somehow came disconnected from the track, Orlando police Lt. Lovetta Quinn- Henry said.
From the Go Ape FAQ Page
Participants will be responsible for attaching themselves to the safety system. If you do not attach yourself to the safety system you risk falling, which could result in a serious or fatal injury.
This suggests that there is a relatively high possibility of a customer obtaining a Darwin Award as they are responsible for their own safety.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There are different harness systems. Go Ape's require the customer to transfer their safety ropes between crossings, however there are two ropes so the participant should always be attached to something. There are also systems which allow the harness to run through the complete course without the need to transfer it at different points.

At this stage it's unclear what system Alton Towers will use for their course.
dantheman

It has been confirmed by Alton Towers that it will be called Tree Top Quest. They have also released a photo but I am useless at getting the photos on here so I can't do that unfortunetly! ](*,) The info and picture is on Theme park worldwide's facebook page.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I mentioned above that the attraction was going to be called 'Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest', after a blank page appeared on Towers' site. Earlier on a logo and concept image was added to the page, which we posted on Facebook. All information regarding the development is available on our dedicated page!
[align=center]Image
Image[/align]
dantheman

whoops sorry about that, i will have to start checking that page.
JustWill

That kid sure looks like he's having a swell time! :lol
lucy2244

That concept image must be the most cringey thing I've seen in my life.
I think this high ropes course will be a good thing for the park- allowing attractions other than the roller coasters themselves like the water park, golf and now this is great for guests who might want a go at other things than the coasters- it gives them a wider target market and does mean they appeal for the whole family. However that concept image is just god awful I'm sorry.
Dom

Why would they release these if the application is still awaiting a decision. It seems a bit silly to potentially advertise something that may not even get permission. But saying that it does the logo and concept image does look good!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I guess they're pretty confident it will be approved as there's probably no reason for it not to be. They've also got the sweetener of Prospect Tower's restoration, which is unlikely to be the only bit of restoration we'll see before the next major development :P
Dom

That makes sense. :)