Nemesis Old Ride Logo

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
KevBales

I've always wondered this but never really asked anyone so thought I would check with you guys!

Why did the original 1994 Nemesis logo change for the 1999 season? Normally a ride would change the design of it's logo because of an area re-theme: like The Corkscrew for UG Land, The Black Hole for X-Sector and Rita for the Dark Forest etc. But Forbidden Valley's theme never changed. Just wondered why...

Thanks  :D
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."
undeadarmy

I prefer the old logo to be honest.

Imagine if Nemmy Inferno's logo was like that! :O
A

I liked the old logo but I'm glad the new logo exists as I thought the old logo looked very 90's
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
CoasterCrazyChris

KevBales wrote: I've always wondered this but never really asked anyone so thought I would check with you guys!

Why did the original 1994 Nemesis logo change for the 1999 season? Normally a ride would change the design of it's logo because of an area re-theme: like The Corkscrew for UG Land, The Black Hole for X-Sector and Rita for the Dark Forest etc. But Forbidden Valley's theme never changed. Just wondered why...

Thanks  :D
Tussaud's changed the logo's and names of multiple rides across their parks in 1999 to give them a fresh feel for the millennium.

Both Nemesis and The Vampire got new logo's that year as thy were the flagship coasters at their respective parks. Dragon River was renamed Dragon Falls at Chessington as well.

:)
KevBales

That's great thanks!  :D

Personally I preferred the old logo, it was a lot more dramatic and bold. The 99' one is still good, I just don't think it has as much of an impact. Some of the signs which say 'Forbidden Valley', like the one with the park map, is still written in the old font though... i think!  :D
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."