What did you ride on your first visit?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Mulcracker

First visit in 2001 for my dad's work do:

-Corkscrew

-Haunted House

-...and that's all I remember, come on I was six ;)
Henry

On my first visit I was only young so I only rode the small kids rides, so just the Farmyard and Storybook Land rides.
Thats about all I remember
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
aidan.rudge.92

First time at Alton towers was 2001 and my first ride was Nememsis. For some reason i was to scared to ride Oblivion but after 12 years its now my favorite ride lol.
:D
Dom

i went for the first time the year that air opened. i can still remember in detail which order of rides i went on.
went on skyride first to forbidden valley. then nemesis was my first coaster at alton towers and also my first inverted coaster. i shut my eyes because i was scared and all i can remember is feeling dizzy and sick. then my mates went on air but i chickened out (have been on air many times since and love it and love nemesis too). then i went on blade, then haunted house (before it became duel). it actaully scared me. (i was a chocken back then) then river rapids and runaway mine train. then the log flume, then oblivion, then black hole, squirrel nutty, 3d cinema, corkscrew, hex, oblivion, log flume and ended on the rapids again.
RITA123

last year and it was with my school :) i went on air,th13rteen,sub terra and the rapids!

Credit to Lewis97
nodestinyx

i First went in may 2011, I took my Partner with me, and his not really into rides and roller coasters so the first ride we went on was
The Run Away Mine Train - I had the idea that once he got a sort of buzz off that he would be alright ...
Then he managed Nemesis - although he looked like he was going to pass out when we got off ..
next he managed Air .. he said he loved that one
We then went on the Flume
And the rapids
The on duel
And then to Hex but Hex broke down
We then went on th13teen  - and he hated it .. he came off saying he thought he was going to die and he felt sick ..
we then decided to go and get lunch and see if Hex was fixed on the way ... I was hoping that he might feel better and be up for Oblivion after lunch ... So we ate in X-sector .... and that was a huge mistake because he spent the whole time we were eating staring at Oblivion ... needless to say he felt very ill and refused to go on it ...
I went on Enterprise all alone ... and came off to find him crying and saying he didn't like seeing me upside down spinning round and round ...
He then asked of we could go back to Hex ... which we did and it was working ... so on that we went ... and when we got to the end room i have never known him panic so much ... i had to point out its just a slight movement of us the rest of the room spins ... and the fact that if we were going upside down i'm sure that my bag would have been flung around as it was it was just on the floor ..

And he came off that and refused to go on anything at all ..  :( and its no fun goign on rides all alone
melissa.race

Good God. I'm 24 and I think I went for the first time what feels like 4 or 5 years ago, but was only 3 years ago, 2010. The reason for never visiting before is quite simple, I have a family who HATE rides and would not travel 3 and a half hours for them to hate the day out.
I went with a group of friends who had organised a coach to visit in the easter holidays. Anyway this particular easter holidays was so sunny and this day AT was so packed that I gonly got on 4 different rides!
Queued for around 2 hours to go on Thir13en (liked it, not worth the wait for me),
then queued for over an hour for a broken down Rita, gave up on that one,
Went on Ripsaw because the queues were small, loved it,
and I went on Oblivion twice.
Got sunburned as well!!!!
C0RR3CTED1

I was very young when I first visited so I can't remember myself! But i've been informed it was the likes of the tractors, doodle doo derby and of course the legend that is squirrel nutty!  :P
jclarke11

For my birthday last year with family, went on :

1) Sonic Spinball
2) Submission
3) Rita
4) Th13teen
5) Air
6) Rapids
7) Flume

Going in a year or so again, hoping to get on a lot more :D
Dan

I think for my first visit I was very young, far too small for any of the "big" rides. A couple of memories I have are walking past the Mutiny Bay Courtyard with my uncle, and my brother jumping in a marsh-like area and sinking to his knees.

The first time I went and went on the big rides was 1998. I still have the ORP from Oblivion, and I still remember my brother queuing 2 hours for Nemmy and then bursting into tears when we got to the station and refusing to go on it (which I still give him stick for to this day lol)
Liam B

well.... I don't remember :P I think I was close to 4 when I first went so probably the tractors and doodle doo! :)
L154

i didnt go on any rides when i first went  :cry:

but then, i was a tiny baby lol, but my mum tells me she went on the black hole and it had only just opened.

The first time i REMEMBER going was with a school trip at 13, and i cant remember what we went on 1st, although i remember going on oblivion which had just opened that year and was sat behind my science teacher, and he, yes, HE was squeeling like a girl!  :lol:
Alex.D

Everything possible. But my most memorable ride is oblivion due to the fact that it was my first ride at towers. EVER! My dad saying it wasn't scary and it was like the dragon at Legoland. I was only 9 and believed him. GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! It was bleeding terrifying!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
zippy

Not sure I can remember everything, but I do remember these:

Thunder Looper
Nemesis
Runaway Minetrain
The Flume
Rapids

Think it was Spring 96
Toonsville

When I first went in October 1999 when I was a kid, The rides I went on:

Toyland Tours
Haunted House
Runaway Mine Train
Squirrel Nutty Ride
Skyride
Congo River Rapids

I can't remember which other rides I went on though. Since then, I have never went to Alton Towers for about 10 years until Easter 2010.
lucy2244

2012 was my first visit, It was with school and I didn't think I liked roller coasters. In fact I didn't want to go full stop! But, I'm so glad we did because if not I wouldn't be posting this, and I wouldn't have created some of the best memories I have  :lol: I will always blame my parents for not taking me as a kid, shame on you parents!
Anyways, this is what we went on:
Sonic spinball,
Oblivion,
The flume,
River rapids,
Ripsaw,
Blade,
Twirling toadstool
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Well my first visit was actually quite recent, although I have been to Thorpe several times, and thanks to my friend's Disabled Pass we managed to skip the lengthy queues.

Therefore we got on quite a lot, in order of riding;
Air x2 (later in the day a second time)
Nemesis x2
Th13teen
Rita
Oblivion
The Smiler x2 (later in the day a second time)
Submission
Sonic Spinball

However, as I largely focussed on ensuring I got on all the coasters (as that is what I love best), I didn't even venture in Katanga Canyon or the Gloomy Wood, and missed the majority of flat rides.
Last edited by lewis97 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex.D

In 2010 when I was 9 I rode....
Oblivion x2
Nemesis x2
Air x3
Squirrel nutty x1
Rita x1
Th13teen x 1
Hex x 1
Sonic x1
Monorail x1
Flume x1
RMTx1
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Kirsty25

I don't remember definitely but I think our first trip was in 1998/1999 and definitely remember going on:

Corkscrew
Oblivion
Nemesis
Enterprise
Black Hole
RMT
though other rides actually escape me .
ollboll9

Mine was:

Spinball
Oblivion
Air