What did you ride on your first visit?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Luce

My first visit was in 2003 with my best friend and I was very excited in particular as she'd visited before in the 80s whereas I hadn't even though I remember seeing adverts over the years and wanting to go.

I remember getting on quite a bit as we went in September for a few days to make the most of it and we went on:

Nemesis
Oblivion
Air
Corkscrew
Hex
Duel
The Flume
Congo River Rapids
Black Hole
RMT
Ripsaw
Toyland Tours
3D Cinema
Last edited by Luce on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Everything but nemess and oblivion. It's crazy when your tiny how intimidating oblivion is. I took one look at that dropping into a black hole and stood by the exit for my parents. The only part I would say is intimidating about nemesis is when your queuing next to the loop. That did it for me. I got all the way to the front and walked straight out the exit! Whoops!
badlydrawnkel

Nemesis,  ripsaw, corkscrew, boneshaker, flume and rapids.  Also the 3D cinema

Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10
Ladyofthelake

My first visit was in 2005 when I was 18. I remember going on the following:

Nemesis
Air
Corkscrew
Hex
Duel
Rita
Oblivion
Spinball

I also remember getting very lost trying to take a 'short cut' through the gardens to Forbidden Valley!
towerskid

I went 5 weeks ago on enterprise,submission,the flume,congo river rapids,nemesis and air. I didnt get to go on thirteen or rita because of queues and no oblivion because it was broke no smiler due to 2 hour queues,  blade and ripsaw didnt get to in time.

Team Edit: SPG ~ Kirsty25
Last edited by towerskid on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

Sonic Spinball was my first ride
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
arsenalfan-1

I wasn't tall enough for the 1.4m rides but I remember The Flume and Hex. My biggest memory was my confusion at what just happened after getting off Hex.
Thanks Lewis97
JammyBand

It was just last year about the 10th October 2012. I had been wanting to go for years and years (I was watching video after video of Alton Towers since I was about 8!) I went with the RCCGB (Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain) so we had exclusive ride time (ERS), meaning they 'rented' out a ride for a whole hour just for the club! We all met at 8AM at the entrance (long before the public was allowed in the park!) and we had an ERS on Oblivion, I got probably 5/6 goes in quick succession. Then we moved to Rita for an ERS straight after, but found it was closed/broken, so we had an ERS on TH13TEEN instead. Got probably 4/5 goes on that! Then we did whatever we wanted for a while. I don't know the order but I did:
Submission
Nemesis (x1)
Air (x1)
Ripsaw (x1)
Skyride (of course!)
Rita (x1)
Congo River Rapids (x1)
The Flume (x1)
Hex (x1)
Sonic Spinball (x1)
We had an exclusive club lunch in the conference tent halfway through the day; a complete buffet and a chat with some sort of project manager of The Smiler!
At the end of the day (at 5:30 when the park closes) we met up and had a whole hour after the park closes to go on Nemesis! I got on Nemesis 16 times within the hour! The back row, far right was crowned my favourite seat by far. The G-forces, and near misses are excellent in this seat! After that, we exited to the car park through a staff/vehicle/back exit and went home. I had been up since 3 AM that morning, and had put my body through a lot of pressure that day, so I slept the whole way home! (3 hrs away!)

I think its safe to say my first trip to Alton was pretty damn awesome.  8)
George B

The only thing I can remember about my first time at AT is the swan boats. Don't remember much else.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
Thorpe Towers 13

I was 13 and it was:

Nemesis, Air, The Blade, Duel, Rapids, Runaway Mine Train, Corkscrew, Oblivion, Enterprise, Black Hole, Submission and Hex.

One of my best trips tbh.
hands in the air and scream!
Shutterbug

I can't remember to be honest...

I remember going with my parents and my mum was pregnant with my brother so must have been 1996 or 1997 so I was 5 or 6...I can remember waiting with her while my dad went off to go single ride Nemesis and trying to see him on it.
Danny

Everything but ripsaw, everything in x sector and nemesis. They were pretty scary looking when your young! :)
Jamie

My first visit was when I was quite young.  I remember riding Spinball Whizzer (as it was called then), Duel, Congo River Rapids, The Flume, CATCF (thought it was rubbish even at that age!), Hex and I think that was about it.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Whoguru5

The only one from my first trip i can remember was the Runaway mine train, loved it then and i make sure to go on it every time i'm at the towers.

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
obliviongirl

I've only been to Towers once, earlier this summer, because it is so far away from me (yes I'm a newbie  :roll:), so hopefully I can remember what I went on:

Oblivion
Air
Nemesis
Ripsaw
Air
The Flume
The Flume
The Flume
Runaway Mine Train
Congo River Rapids
Rita
Oblivion
The Flume
Nemesis

Yeah I know I went on The Flume excessive times, but my brother loved it so I had to ride it with him... four times.  :roll: I couldn't ride The Smiler as it was closed throughout the whole day due to 'technical difficulties', and I didn't have time to go on Th13teen or Sonic Spinball, probably thanks to my brother's obsession with The Flume. My brother also went to Duel- The Haunted House Strikes Back, but I am not good with rides like that (stuff jumps out at you etc) because I'm a wuss, so I didn't go on it.

Best ride: Oblivion
Shortest queue: Nemesis the second time, as it was just before closing time
Longest queue: Rita
Georgie

It was only a month or 2 ago because of how far away it is, but it went like this:

Runaway Mine Train
Nemesis (2nd favourite)
The Blade
Air (favourite)
Congo River Rapids
The Smiler (3rd favourite)
Oblivion
Hex
Charlie (groan)
Th13teen
The Flume
Congo River Rapids

It was a great day despite tripping on the way out of Hex and grazing my knee..
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
ruby_glitters

I was about 11, and on a school trip.  I was persuaded by some horrible girls in my year to go on the black hole alone.  I did.  Several times.  Guess that worked out well for them, huh?  :lol:
jasd56

Well, I can't remember much at all but I remember it was 2004 during which The Tweenies show was showing at Talbot Theatre. I was young at the time so as you can imagine I wasn't the adventurous type unlike I am today! All I remember was the group dancing and singing songs and when it finished they said you could see them again somewhere in the park (can't remember now! :D ) But I couldn't as I had to go home, so unwillingly my parents dragged me out of the park whilst I was kicking and screaming to stay. That is when my enthusiasm begun as I found out that I actually loved theme parks! But I still wouldn't find out what the big coasters were like until a few years from then!  :)
'Thanks/Credit to lewis97!'
lf2001

My first visit was in 2006 when is was only about five. I could remember riding the Squirrel Nutty, Beastie, all the rides in the Farmyard area. I can remember seeing the Corkscrew, but I was obviously not tall enough. I can also remember riding Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the Driving School. I think I still have my driving school licence somewhere. 
Altonboy001

Sonic , Nemesis, Thirteen.
Last edited by Altonboy001 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Nemesis rider