If You could bring back one past ride?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
ImURNemesis

lagolfer09 wrote: It would definitely have to be Toyland Tours!! So many great memories as a kid, it would have been fantastic to take my own children one day.
110% agree!

Such an underated, yet such a charming ride.

Tussadus destroyed it with CATCF.
sweedish2009

The fact that I completely chickened out on riding Thunder Looper (which was also its last year of operation) really grinds my gears!!

What I'd give for one more chance with the Looper! :box:
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
Kenzie2012

Mine would have to be Black Hole, all be it in a different location. The ride was excellent and tbh, it's the only one that's gone that I've ridden and liked.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Luviico

Toyland Tours without a doubt. When I was a child it was my favourite attraction at the park when I was younger and the music attached to the ride was what contributed greatly to the Alton Towers 'magic' in my view. CATCF is awful, I want a piece of my youth back! And with that, a tiny bit of magic lost would return to the park :)
Credit to lewis97 for my awesome sig
DavidRock

SOOOO many choices so here goes.....

Corkscrew.... even though it was old and rough it made alton towers and always featured on the old Logos.... (i may upset a few people here but id gladly pull down Th13teen and get old Corky back.

Toyland Touts.... the music is just so damn catchy to the point where im humming it on some days....(Goes to youtube now im thinking of the music  :D)

The Alton Beast/Blackhole..... really enjoyed both of these coasters and its weird going to X-Sector now and not seeing the tent that has been there for all the time i can remeber.

The Alton Swans.... i know it wasn't fast or intense.... that ride was an icon of Alton Towers in the l90's and early 2000's me and my previous partner used to just go on it .... really gutted when it left and was replaced my the money grabbing PANT$ KART$ (sorry Splash Karts).... it was then the some of the magic of alton died in my opinion but times change i guess.

If i had to choose one it has to be........Toyland Tours im still humming the tune even now typing this  :D
DrReeve

I would of loved to ride thunder looper
Image credit to Lewis97
Mand.A.

I would've loved to go on Thunder Looper, too; I only went to Alton Towers for the first time 10yrs ago and it was already gone by then, though. Looked really fun from the pics I've seen of it. Also would've liked to try The Black Hole, but that's another one I never got to go on, unfortunately.
Leara

Thunder Looper, only managed to ride it once just before it went :|
DrReeve

Would have to be thunder looper with modern technology it could of been a quiter ride and then placed under the tree line
Image credit to Lewis97
bensaund

The problem with Thunder Looper was it was already 13 years old when it arrived at Alton and was second hand, I'm sure if they brought a brand new one they could easily get it under the tree line and with modern hydraulic motors used on rides like Rita, it would be very quiet and a good ride too.
If you go down to the woods today
Corkscrew Lover

Corkscrew, the reason is, first off in 2008 when i first went to Alton Towers, Nemesis was shut and Air Was Broken Down. So Me And My Family When On The Flume, Spinball Whizzer (Sonic Spinball), Rita,Corkscrew,Rapids And Hex.The Best I Obviously Liked was The Corkscrew. Hopefully AT might bring back a new rollercoaster with a corkscrew, make it less bumpy and get the original styles of the cars back, Besides Where Did The Old Cars Go?
The Moon

The bin, where they belong. The Corkscrew or a Corkscrew style ride or anything with those awful bucket trains will be built. Alton has entered a new era, and needs no reminder of the old.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
bensaund

Rides do need to move with the times and I believe old Corky did us well, we had 28 year our of her. I'm hoping SW7 will be an excellent ride.

With the older rides, they were very simple and reliable, the downside to the newer rides is they are not as reliable as they have more to go wrong, but of course they are much safer.
If you go down to the woods today
Dom

crokscrew or black hole just because they are fun rides. i still remember my first time on black hole and i fell in love with the ride. its really sad knowning that i wont see the black hole tent again but i am looking forward to sw7 and corkscrew was just a fun ride. i still smile when i see the corkscrew at the entrance
Tom.B

Toyland Tours

Because it's so much better than Charlie, and if they did bring it back (I read this on another thread) they could use the elevator as a guided tour round Toyland  :D
SuperWill

Toyland Tours! It was so magical but the only time I got to ride it was when I was around 5 or 6 in like 2004 and 2005! I miss it! I want it to come back! But no because Alton Towers robbed the magic from me! :(

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Vanessa Feltz

I'd love to see both Toyland Tours and Doom and Son's.

I never got the chance to go on either and I deeply regret that, both seem brilliant attractions.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Vkumar3908

Ritadz wrote: Old and knackered? No theme?

Old and knackered basically is Forbidden Valley's theme mate. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

And anyway, have you never heard of renovation or re theming?
Both renovation and re-theming won't actually change its loud noise, and how it actually works. Although yeah i guess it could be re-themed ;). Plus it won't help the amount of moaning local people trying to ruin the park in the first place.
Jack

CORKSCREW: The obvious choice to me as I never rode it and is part of the history of Alton Towers
truckaddict

Corkscrew all the way - best ride before they removed it

Bi and proud