If You could bring back one past ride?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
mathmos

For me there are 3 rides I would love to see back at the park
First would be Thunderlooper second the 1001 Nights and third the Huss Tri Star.
One other thing I loved as a kid was the old 'Doom and Sons' Funeral Parlour, it was great fun and well themed, used to love the door with the sign saying 'do not open'.....needless to say nobody could resist!!! :lol:
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Hari wrote:
Stelios7 wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
That's what I thought, he couldn't of joined TTF as a 6 year old, he must be referring to the first time he went.
Well im 11 and i am on TTF.......
When did I say 11 mattered? :P

Nemmychick is 11!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Dylan

Thunder Looper for me, it was such a great ride. I remember riding it when it had not long opened. Even when Nemesis opened next door I still rated it highly. Great fun.
Ripsaw Raver

Without a shadow of a doubt, Energizer in 95 mode.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Dave

I'm torn between the Black Hole and Toy Land Tours.

i LOVED the Black Hole back in the day, even if it was old and the brakes seemed to be the polar opposite of Ritas launch. 100-0 in about half a second. (yes i know BH didn't do 100kph) however the prospect of SW7 makes me sort of happy to finaly let her go now. 

However i dont think i will ever accept Charlie as been a worth successor to Toyland tours, TLT was bright colorful cheerful and had plenty going on to look at. Charlie is dark. has limited action going on in the boat ride section and just general a bit rubbish. 

so long story short, Toyland Tours! 
Krazycoaster

The Haunted House
LordSputnik

Definitely Toyland Tours & Black Hole!
I'm Just a dancing seal
What ya gonna do about that?
djtruefitt

It would have to be toyland tours for me, just for the great memories I have of it as a child.

Im also loving the dark forest style Energizer ride, loving the shipping container!
----reece----

RIPSAW .....  i no its still in action but it is not half as good/thrilling as what it use to be... Sort it out AT
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Corkscrew. Becuase I never rode it and I'm sure it's better than TH13TEEN! :(
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
gaz1313

More interesting than Thirteen in its later years, having to hold onto the restrainsts for fear of them opening, but it was a good ride. Never any queues in its last years either! Thirteen is alright though.
cool_boy_jon

Mine would have to go to corky! oh, how i miss those corkscrew inversions! It was the first ride i had ridden at alton towers! RIP corky!!
The only thing I like better than roller coasters,Alton Towers, Towers times and Theme Parks is HARRY POTTER, yes, I am a Potterhead and proud of it! :)

Rollermad

Hmm Maybe Nemesis Nosh Original :)
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vmj4sw.jpg - google images
Or the Black Hole

If anyone writes cine 360 then there in another world !
SpinballEdders

Rollermad wrote: Hmm Maybe Nemesis Nosh Original :)
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vmj4sw.jpg - google images
Or the Black Hole

If anyone writes cine 360 then there in another world !
You do realise this says rides right? ;)
Kaycee

Absolutely Toyland Tours, was gutted when it was ripped out, and it was made only worse by what took its place. :( I only got to walk through the back of Charlie once when I was working there, and there's still a section where the old queueline bridge over the channel still exists, so sad. :(

It just embodied Alton Towers magic for me, I'd have loved to have taken my own kids on it when I have them, I don't think there's any real worthy equivalent of it now.

This is closely followed by Dynamo, on its FV site... loved that ride! I did ride The Black Hole, but I wouldn't say I ever really miss it..
barryzola

Probably Thunder Looper or the Beast in Forbidden Valley for me. Probably linked with the age I was when I rode them to some extent, but they were really impressive to me at the time and I havn't had a chance to ride a re-incarnation at a different park, so my memories still stand undistorted  : )
sara1906

I'm probably showing my age now but I have three. The Black Hole being my favourite to bring back, then does anyone remember "Doom & Sons" before the Haunted House existed? It was in Talbot Street, a walk through Haunted House done out as a funeral parlour. And the third being those taboggans (late 80's/early 90's?) which were never open due to the rain which made them dangerous, even so I never got to ride them so they would be a welcome return if mayby the rain issue could be addressed. :)
Stelios7

sara1906 wrote: And the third being those taboggans (late 80's/early 90's?) which were never open due to the rain which made them dangerous, even so I never got to ride them so they would be a welcome return if mayby the rain issue could be addressed. :)
I doubt they would bring them back if the ride was only open for around half the year. Then again, couldn't they just put them inside somewhere, then there would be no rain issue. They may seem a bit out of place now, but it could work.
BigAl

A toboggan run through the gardens, please? :yes: :P
Stelios7

BigAl wrote: A toboggan run through the gardens, please? :yes: :P
I doubt many regular guests would want to go down a toboggan when it leads to the Gardens which many guests dislike as it consumes there day, but I'd love that!