If You could bring back one past ride?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Des-Cheers

The Black Hole would be the one. The first time I went to the towers was when the black hole opened, I was 9. My dad took me on the Corkscrew and then wanted to get me on The Black Hole! Ha No Way!! Even at that point the towers had merchandised some of the ride exits to death and this was no exception! It was fully kitted out with star wars toys and I remember the old man trying to bribe me with star wars toys just to go on it with him,lol. Since then ive ridden it several times and it was a beauty.

Having read a number of posts on this thread I agree with one of the earlier posts regarding the up keep of certain rides, mainly the Oblivion. My son is 9 and is just over 1.4m so he now can ride all the big rides, we went on the oblivion about 3 weeks ago and it is looking tired. The sound effect as your about to drop has gone, and the bright orange isnt quite as bright as it used to be! I appreciate these things cost a few ££ to sort but given the money the towers now seems to re coup from all its guests surely giving one of its major stars (albeit 16 yrs old) an overhall isnt to bigger a deal, unless like many rides before it, it maybe due for replacement.
C:\Users\User\Desktop\alton%20sign%201a.bmp
Adam.W

I'd bring back either corky or the black hole, but corky was a bit rough and the black hole had problems. But yeah, it'd be the corkscrew.
RedStar98

I think the Alton Mouse looked pretty cool from what I've seen in pictures/videos, I'm surprised it hasn't really been mentioned here. I never rode it as it left the park several years before I was born but I wish I'd had the chance. I can say the same for the Black Hole, the Beast and Thunderlooper.
KatangaZebra

Can't decide on one:
Corkscrew
Alton Mouse
Nickelodeon:Outta Control
Haunted House
Boneshaker
Toyland Tours
N_B

Thunder Looper, as I never got to ride it :(
S.J_O'Grady

I would bring back Forbidden Valley in its entirety, that means Thunder Looper, The New Beast, Beastie, Dynamo, and even the Lava Lump. The way things are looking, Ripsaw and Air will need to be added to that list soon too.

I just wish FV was big enough to fit all those classic rides in together.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Altonboy001

Ripsaw :no:
Twinklepark

I'll miss Ripsaw actually as when it and Blade where installed in FV it gave the area the strong theme and landscape that we still have today. It was the last part of the visual transformation from Thunder Valley, as it still was to the right of Thunder Looper, to the new Forbidden Valley on the side of the Nemesis pit.

That said, I'd still love to have Thunder Looper back!!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
mattiepearce

I've seen many people say Thunder Looper, and rides like that, but even though I'm too young to have ridden them, I wouldn't bring them back. I would bring back Alton Towers in its entirety from the 1970s, when they just had the small simple amusements! I would love to be able to see our beloved theme park back when if all began!
iamradam
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

On one hand I'd love to bring back Corkscrew because I never got to ride it! When I was little and we went I'd always hype up to my parents that I wanted to go on the big rides (including persuading them to take me for my birthday to go on Rita - Queen of Speed when it was new) and not going on any of them.
By the time I had matured and finally returned to Alton Towers... it was the year Corkscrew closed. I feel like I missed out on a big part of UK theme park history.

On the other hand I'd bring back Black Hole because also when I was little my parents were randomly given fasttrack to it by super friendly but complete strangers because they just didn't want them any more (#goodolddays) and I was dragged on and remember screaming and hugging that restraint to save my life and being so scared. I'd have loved to go back and compare how tame I feel it would be nowadays.
Theo

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion...but I'd bring back Ripsaw. I actually really miss flipping up and around on that ride, so sad to see the space empty now :(
Liam.W

Theo wrote:I know it's probably an unpopular opinion...but I'd bring back Ripsaw. I actually really miss flipping up and around on that ride, so sad to see the space empty now :(
It's not empty ;) It's been replaced by the best game at Alton Towers :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Nickolai

I'd bring back 'Professor Burp's Bubbleworks' (Not the refurb) as I never got to ride it in either form, and everyone preferred the old one. It would either be that or The Haunted House as that also seems to be more popular than Duel. I have not done The Haunted House either.
Formally Smiler313
Theo

Liam.W wrote:
Theo wrote:I know it's probably an unpopular opinion...but I'd bring back Ripsaw. I actually really miss flipping up and around on that ride, so sad to see the space empty now :(
It's not empty ;) It's been replaced by the best game at Alton Towers :lol
How exciting 8-[
RobHand

Long live the "Beastie"....
gone but never forgotten... :no:
Dungeon-X-Smile

I would love to bring back Corkscrew or the original haunted house simply to ride it. I'm so curious about those old rides and what they were like. I'm so curious what it feels like to ride them!!
Robert.W

I'd happily have the original haunted house back permanently, especially as I have never been able to ride it.