If You could bring back one past ride?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
CoasterCrazyChris

Nestle = yuck

Cadbury = yum

I know that Cadbury is now owned by the American TNC Kraft but it is still a brand with a distinctly british heritage much like Alton Towers. They went hand in hand.

Nestle on the other hand is vile. The company is unethical and their brands taste cheap.
Bear

Thunderlooper looked amazing, and I bet Alton's maintenance folk would have kept it in superb condition unlike most parks that have a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop!
CoasterDan

Toyland Tours for me! :) Although before its closure there was hardly any queues, if there were any at all, it was a magical ride that shouldn't of been replaced. The theming was so extensive compared to CATCF with all plastic boards everywhere.

Twitter: @CoasterDan
Facebook: /CoasterDan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/AWWSupplement
Graeme67

'1001 Arabian Nights'...or whatever it was called!

Always a great warm-up when I were a lad ;)
taggy

Personally I think they Should bring back the show Peter rabbit And friends on ice for me that was one of my earliest memories of Alton towers.
But Alton towers have had so many great attractions in the past and with out a doubt they will in the future so many great rides will be lost due to past and future improvements to the park.
Would like to see this topic in the next 10 to 15 years to see how much has changed by then ??
Poison Tom 96

If you count it as gone, I would say the Beastie.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
LJ

Very clichéd seeing I have not ridden most of the good attractions at Alton but I would bring back Corkscrew. This really put A.T on the map and is a great roller coaster for anyone to ride. I wish I was able to ride it.
scott.smith

Go To Flamingo Land, the track layout is very similar ;). exept it has no theme !!
The Moon

scott.smith wrote: Go To Flamingo Land, the track layout is very similar ;). exept it has no theme !!
Hate to tell you this, but that left last year, it is now in Lunapark France.

http://rcdb.com/823.htm
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
The Terminator

I'm going to go for Thunderlooper, I know it was knackered but in my opinion it still dominated the area even when Nemisis opened.
I believe it is some park in brazil now.
I WILL be back
MattsDesigns

Maybe this

The place is rich with history
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
HFantasma

The Terminator wrote: I'm going to go for Thunderlooper, I know it was knackered but in my opinion it still dominated the area even when Nemisis opened.
I believe it is some park in brazil now.
Hopi Hari I think I read somewhere!
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!
The Moon

THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
bringbackthevintagecars

well i do believe i was made for this topic, as my name and signature suggest, it would be the teacups aha just kidding, bring back the vintage cars, YEEEEEEAH!
BRING BACK THE VINTAGE CARS!!!              PLEASE
JMR

bringbackthevintagecars wrote: well i do believe i was made for this topic, as my name and signature suggest, it would be the teacups aha just kidding, bring back the vintage cars, YEEEEEEAH!
:o that and corkscrew...

:L
Hibscasual

Me personally it has to be the vintage cars 1983 _ 2005. Alas gone but not forgotten'thrilling .. original.... nostalgic ' trailblazers really. I remember a quote in a magazine from a spokesperson for six flags "Alton have raised the bar so high it's in orbit"says it all really.
Let vintage cars rust in peace
Krazycoaster

Black Hole. I never rode it and this would give me the chance!
scw55

Thunderlooper. I would be interest how you would theme and market such a simple layout in these days.
The Moon

^Skyloops, the new Superman at SFDK, Oblivion, etc, it's the buildup and theme on most of the new short layout coasters.

Toke up...
lagolfer09

It would definitely have to be Toyland Tours!! So many great memories as a kid, it would have been fantastic to take my own children one day.