Very Old On-Ride Photos

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Deleted

Do you have any old on-ride photos? I mean very old ones, not last years.

Here is one took of me in 1990 (22yrs ago!) on a school-trip. Man I feel OLD!

Dylan

Don't worry Kryn, I have some from the same year if not earlier! I will see if I can root them out when I get home!
elmerfudd

Kryn, that is manic!
So, for every rider that rode the rapids back then, the host who was at the photobooth had to individually write the guests names on the photo!?
I have qute an old photo when I went Drayton Manor with the school, but I dont know how to upload it :(
DiogoJ42

Logger's Leap, 1991.
I'm the kid sh1tting himself! :P
Gloomy Dude

Just to make you feel old Diogo, I was naught but a new born babe when that picture was taken :P

I think my oldest on-ride is a Haunted House one circa 2000. It really is dreadful. There's me (aged 9/10), my folks, my brother and a cousin. And we all look varying degrees of awful. In fact, when I get it together, I really ought to scan it in (such is the point of this topic).

There's also me on Air a year or two after opening (with a stranger because my cousin wussed out in the station when he saw the cars 'assuming the position').

And along with these two, I found one of me, all fat, with cack hair on Robin Hood at Walibi World (or Six Flags Holland as it was at the time). Not much has changed. Except that my hair is now awesome.

Great topic idea. I'll get scanning when I can be bothered.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
NF2

I aint got anything later than 98' myself, but am I right in thinking that back in the 80's and early 90's it was a totally different ride photo system?

I seem to recall hearing that the photo would be taken (by a man in a hut on the Log Flume!), and you would be handed a ticket with your ride photo number on at the ride exit. Then you would have to fill in a form with your details and hand it back to the photo staff, who would develop the photo and send it to you via mail :lol: Obviously the system was as up to date as the technology of the time allowed, but its still flawed in the fact you couldn't see your photo before choosing to purchase it. Also there used to be an AT logo stuck to the top of the drop on the Flume as they were unable to superimpose it onto the image!

How times change, eh? I'm pretty sure they were using digital systems by the time I went in 1998, but I don't think it was Picsolve who offered the service at the time :?
Deleted

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Logger's Leap, 1991.
I'm the kid sh1tting himself! :P
Image[/quote]

I thought that was you at the back.
Mankey

I've got a few from the nineties. Got a classic one of me on the Log Flume in 1999. Will have to upload it!

One thing I've noticed though, is how big the photo folders have got recently! Back in the day they were like A5. Now its like an A5 sized photo in an A4 Folder! Which is annoying cuz the stupid photo flops around inside it!
Back from hibernation!
Fantasmic

[quote=""Kryn""]Do you have any old on-ride photos? I mean very old ones, not last years.

Here is one took of me in 1990 (22yrs ago!) on a school-trip. Man I feel OLD!
[/quote]

How is 1990 22 years ago... it's only 2010, so 20 years.
Deleted

Oh yeah. It's still a long time ago regardless.

Thanks for the excellent moderation skills too
Khalichanan

Ahh I'd love to find the old pic of my family and some family friends on Black Hole.
Will have to look tonight!

I was only a young'un, and it's a classic picture.

We've all got these funny poses because none of us knew it was there. We decided it was like the cliched sci-fi cast of space explorers. There's my dad, looking like a mad professor (he's pointing at something), me looking wide-eyed and shocked (It was my first time on it!) my brother looking like the muscle one who doesn't really think (he was really enjoying it) and our friend behind us looking like the one that gets with the muscle one eventually but is usually smarter (She was really bored).

That sounds really weird, but it actually came out like that.

Darn I need to find it!