Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Alton Towerss

Do you have the 2001 Alton Towers Monorail video?
Muppet738

Does anyone have the music from ugland after waiting for corkscrew it would be stuck in you head for the rest of the day
S.J_O'Grady

Tom-TT wrote:I will check my photos to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the one now sitting in the maintenance storage area behind Duel. Presumably it's been used for spare parts for the rest of the fleet.
I was given a tour around some staff areas, and yes, the Daisy Train is in ruin behind Duel. It's in a bad state and it doesn't look like we'll ever be seeing it in operation again.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
S.J_O'Grady

Muppet738 wrote:Does anyone have the music from ugland after waiting for corkscrew it would be stuck in you head for the rest of the day
Is this the one?
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Adam.W

Tom-TT wrote:I will check my photos to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the one now sitting in the maintenance storage area behind Duel. Presumably it's been used for spare parts for the rest of the fleet.
I was on park yesterday and the cow monorail train has made a reappearance, saw it a few times throughout the day and went on it at the end of the day. It's certainly the same one as I compared it to a video from 2008 :)
Max

I would have assumed that by 'the daisy monorail' he would have been referring to this one

(only photo i could find of it)
I haven't seen this one for a long time
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Tom

NemesisNosh wrote:I would have assumed that by 'the daisy monorail' he would have been referring to this one

(only photo i could find of it)
I haven't seen this one for a long time
Yeah, I believe that's the one. I was meant to check last night but didn't get around to it. Will be back on Thursday so will check then.
Delta79

If you go to the toilets on the path between duel and FV and look over the fence you will see the daisy themed train on the floor with some doors open and one of the driver cab windows missing.
Liam.W

Delta79 wrote:If you go to the toilets on the path between duel and FV and look over the fence you will see the daisy themed train on the floor with some doors open and one of the driver cab windows missing.
This is a photo I took the other week. You can also see the flume cars!

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Tom_Colling1

The daisy monorail died:(, when the techies were getting it out onto the system they hadn't put the transfer track back up fully and it crashed into it wrecking the bottom of the monorail. Now they use the daisy one for spares for the other ones.
ThatGalacticaFan02

Air ride signs, anybody know their fate?

Probably behind some fence somewhere *cough* tucked away in the scrap lot *cough*
TheDuke

Back before the park was owned by merlin there was a different halloween event unfortunately as I was very young I cant remember the name of it however I remember attending sometime between 2003-2005 and there being a show infront of the towers across the lake infront of a screen playing a hex style story, I distinctly remember a line about cursing one side of the audience and the finale being a firework display.
Can anyone else remember this?
KatangaZebra

Does anyone have the gif of this Ug Land advert? I had it on my old phone but I didn't transfer anything onto my new phone

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

KatangaZebra wrote:Does anyone have the gif of this Ug Land advert? I had it on my old phone but I didn't transfer anything onto my new phone
Ta da!
KatangaZebra

lewis97 wrote:
KatangaZebra wrote:Does anyone have the gif of this Ug Land advert? I had it on my old phone but I didn't transfer anything onto my new phone
Ta da!
Thank you!
RobHand

I assume this question has been asked 10 billion times, but what happened to nemesis' red/blood water? I used to love it when I was a kid and think it added to the "scary" element of the theming.

#makenemesisredagain :lol
Liam.W

It was something to do with the environment.

Although on a recent Facebook post, TowersLovingCare have said they would like to make it red again in the future!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

S.J_O'Grady

I think I heard something about it flooding into streams in the village and turning all of Alton's water red :lol It would be great to see it back though.
Disneyland Dreamer

Where was Thunder Looper actually sold to? The same ride's at Knotts, don't know if it's physically the same ride though?
Burniel

Thunderlooper has changed hands several times. Indeed, Towers were the third park to have it.

It now resides as Katapul at Hopi Hari, Brazil. Montezooma's Revenge at Knott's is the same model, but not the exact same coaster.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.