Harness Failure?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
kalvaza

I'm just wondering, has there EVER been a harness (or seatbelt or whatever) failure? There must be at least one in almost 25 years :?: :?:
For example, has anyone ever been drunk at the controls without the bosses knnowing :?: :drunk:
Does anyone know :?: :?:
Anonymous

well i've been on Nemisis and the harness came undone on the first twist, :yikes: but lucky for that seat belt thingy i stayed in and quickly pulled the harness down and had nail marks on my hands after! lol!
Doopy Dan

well i've been on Nemisis and the harness came undone on the first twist, but lucky for that seat belt thingy i stayed in and quickly pulled the harness down and had nail marks on my hands after! lol!
and the system that is used to open the harness is impossible to open when in ride
IMC2004

well i've been on Nemisis and the harness came undone on the first twist, but lucky for that seat belt thingy i stayed in and quickly pulled the harness down and had nail marks on my hands after! lol!
not possible
Dean

It might of just slipped up a notch, as that's happened to me twice. I don't pull the harness right down now, as there's more chance of it doing it.
Anonymous

well it is true and when i got off and told the ride operator, they said this could be because i pulled the harness down too tight, which i gotta admit it felt really tight and there was no give like normal.. so its my own fault i suppose. and well if it was impossible why is that safetybelt there? surely thats for back ups incase it did happen! so unless u were there you can judge what i'm sayin!
Satch

the first time i went on nemmie, i didnt do the little belt thingy - i didnt know what to do with it lol!!! - and the staff didnt touch it. It was only when going up the hill when i noticed the person sitting next to me how their belt was done, so i quickly put mine in! I was really scared after that!!!!
Phantom

[quote="kalvaza"]I'm just wondering, has there EVER been a harness (or seatbelt or whatever) failure? There must be at least one in almost 25 years :?: :?:
quote]

Well did you report it?
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
kalvaza

report what?
ive never had a harness failure if ure wondering.....
Im just wondering if anyone has ever got hurt because of a harness failure.
kalvaza

Yes, thats what I did.
Could you please learn the technique of reading ENGLISH?
Vik

the first time i went on nemmie, i didnt do the little belt thingy - i didnt know what to do with it lol!!! - and the staff didnt touch it. It was only when going up the hill when i noticed the person sitting next to me how their belt was done, so i quickly put mine in! I was really scared after that!!!!
Every time i have been on nemmie, and that is quiete a few, the ride ops always check the restraints and the seatbelt, and if its not secured it will be. Have noticed people removing them at the top of the lift hill before now though
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Doopy Dan

well it is true and when i got off and told the ride operator, they said this could be because i pulled the harness down too tight, which i gotta admit it felt really tight and there was no give like normal.. so its my own fault i suppose. and well if it was impossible why is that safetybelt there? surely thats for back ups incase it did happen! so unless u were there you can judge what i'm sayin!
If it did happen you the ride would be shut right away, to prevent anything happening on any other trains, and H&S would have to check the ride over, the seat belts are actualy there because, if you do decide you dont want your harness fully down and a little gap between your legs and the harness this belt stops all chances of you slipping out of the ride, the belts are nothing to do with the harness opening system.
Anonymous

isn't intermin sursposed to have locking problems, aren't they making the next rollercoster or is it speculation?

On nemesis the ride ops pull the seat belts of all people to check they are in fixed in.

so they would not let you ride with out having the belt on
Adz
Admin
Admin

for fat people.
martini500

my mate was in a seat on oblivion with 2 seatbelts- i kept telling her it was because of a dodgy seat to freak her out- was funneh! :twisted:
Anonymous

Hi there.
I write articles for a website dedicated to horror. One of my assignments was for the "real Life Horror" page. I decided to do an article on what happens "What if the ride breaks down?......"
I've a good few contacts and I did a LOT of research, and believe you me, I couldn't find a single bad hitch with Alton Towers.
After a while this turned into an obsession. For those of you a little worried about the rides, or harnesses (in some cases tut tut) let me assure you, There's barely a blotch on ALton Towers safety record. Their ride safety is impeccable. So don't worry, and don't think too much about this.
I'm going to AT tomorrow, I'll probably be the first it happens to lol If I don't reply soon then you know it did.
Ian

[quote=""At Tp Mad""]for fat people.[/quote]

You certainly have a way with words :roll:
Phantom

You never know this could happen one day as this isn't impossible!
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
Anonymous

Well I survived JUST FINE. Had a damn brilliant day also. Was a bit busy, and to be honest I'm not sure I like what they've done to the Haunted House, (now known as duel) but I'm not the guy who sits in one of the big black chairs. Damn fine park, damn good day out too. Going again soon I hope :D