old rides

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
themightyman

if there was one ride you could bring back from the past what would it be and why
xbox gamertag - harmless muppet
AstroDan

Shouldn't this be in archive, Mr Mark? :P

Personally there are 4 attractions I miss.

Model Railway - immense, nothing short of brilliant.
Dynamo - first ride I truly loved at Alton Towers.
Bone Shaker - great ride, fun for all the family.
Black Hole - great ride, great music, terrible capacity but what the heck!

:lol:
Rocks

Around the World in 80 Days - just for nostalgia purposes. When I was about 7, that was my favourite ride :D - I'd just go one it again and again and again. Those days it wasn't as much about thrill rides :)
iriderides101

Dynamo
Boneshaker
Log Flume

Great rides sadky missed
sammie04

I would choose to bring back Dynamo or Boneshaker I miss them both dearly how I used to scream so loud on them :D .
Shent

[quote=""sammie04""]I would choose to bring back Dynamo or Boneshaker I miss them both dearly how I used to scream so loud on them :D .[/quote]

:lol:
......The one and only... :sus:
Smeck

Hmm... one ride... tough choice.

It'd be a fight between Black Hole, 1001 Nights or Energiser (with its original theming in the old Festival Park) for me.

I don't do many flat rides (hoping to change that a bit this year) but I enjoyed those two, and Black Hole was always good fun to go on with a few mates.
Shent

Ok a propper post, i would deffo bring back the Dynamo and wack it back in FV as i use to love this ride when i was young, was like really fast :rolls:
......The one and only... :sus:
sammie04

[quote=""Henty""][quote=""sammie04""]I would choose to bring back Dynamo or Boneshaker I miss them both dearly how I used to scream so loud on them :D .[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

Oi I was only little when I went on them :lol: . Henty you big poser dam you!
Cameron

[quote=""Henty""]Ok a propper post, i would deffo bring back the Dynamo and wack it back in FV as i use to love this ride when i was young, was like really fast :rolls:[/quote]

I'd have to agree with you there it was a fantastic ride and i was gutted when it'd been removed, would still be quite popular now i think
DavidRock

There are a few i would like to bring back and they are as follows:-

1) Black Hole (its a sad shame still walking past the queue lines even now)

2) The Alton Beast (a true classic even though it was pretty much the same as the black hole)

3) Dynamo (this was a classic ride both in Ug Land and Forbidden Valley)

All of the above are sorely missed :cry:
Luce

I think I'll have to say Black Hole as well. I thought the spiral lift hill was especially clever because you wondered where the car you were in would go next! - that's what I reckoned when I first went on it!

A classic ride!

Lucy
Mankey

thunder looper... i was only 5 at the time when it got removed... but it was pretty cool to watch, and i wish i coulda ridden it.

Toyland Tours!!!!!
Back from hibernation!
Gazza Smurf

Hmmm...I dunno from past experience, cuz I never went to the towers when I was a young kid, so from what I've heard I'd like to see Thunder Looper back :D People say it was an awesome ride but I never got a chance to go on it!
Altonator

Has to be Thunder Looper as it was a great ride and I always used to look for it when we were driving towards the park as the top of the
ride could be seen from Denstone - did anyone else do this?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Kaycee

I'd say definitely Dynamo and Energizer. Dynamo was just great and Energizer had a great setting (none of the BoneShaker crap!). Also the legendary ThunderLooper because I never got to ride it and it's obviously missed.
MostMagicalCat

i miss the show boat, i know there are other great rides of note, but this was a wonderous ride when you are little. was my first funny walk ride and it scared the pants of me, but still, always enjoyed it.

when i was a lad

:(
[
nemesis_nut

Toyland tours...........i know it was getting old and some of the stuff had stopped working but it was really cool!
Steve in labour

Toy Land Tours & Bone Shaker :(
Lauzi

ThunderLooper because it seemed like a fantastic ride and I wish I'd had the chance to ride it.

Toyland Tours because it used to be my favourite ride at AT when I was little, I went on it everytime and it was so much better than CATCF.