The Future of the Blackhole Tent

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
riderita

Well its been shown that the blackhole tent will stand for another year! Nothing will be happening to it this year.SO what can we expect from it in 2007? Its quite obvious NEW ATTRACTION IN THE TENT FOR 2007!

what do you think it will be? An "experience" ride like ALIEN? OR a indoor flat ride thats in the dark? Or some TOTALLY different?!

Discuss.
Williscroft

What makes you think that nothing will be happening this year, no one knows just yet. Nothing might happen but something could and were has it been shown that the black hole tent will be there in 2006 :?: :)
haydn!

Yeah, this is true. You can't say its obviously going to be the spot of the new for 2007 attraction, because this the exact same thing we were all saying for 2006, when early this year when the park decided it wasnt to open for 2005.

But, afterall there is also a good chance it will be the site of something new for 2007, as i can't see Alton letting a prime site go unused for a third year running. I would preferablly like to see a major new flat. They may be old but Topscan's still rate amongst my favourites, or maybe be even a Tango. These are still new on the fairground circuit, and as far as im aware, no theme park as one yet.
Last edited by haydn! on Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Nothing will be added to the x-sector this year. That is a fact.
haydn!

[quote=""Thirst""]Nothing will be added to the x-sector this year. That is a fact.[/quote]

Well, yeah. That is well established. However, somewhere above I'm sure it mentions 2007 :wink:
Anonymous

X-sector plans are in the pipeline. But for 2006 we have Charlie and the Choclate Factory to look forward to!
Beaver Dude

But, afterall there is also a good chance it will be the site of something new, can't see Alton letting a prime site go unused for a second year running. I would preferablly like to see a major new flat. They may be old but Topscan's still rate amongst my favourites, or maybe be even a Tango. These are still new on the fairground circuit, and as far as im aware, no theme park as one yet.
One word: Ropers. Nothing will be built there for a while if ever. Unless it's heavily enclosed. Imagine a Top Scan in the dark :D
phillipvass

The tent will not stay, it will either be sold with the Black Hole ride itself, or demolished.
Liam

[quote=""Forums Coach""]X-sector plans are in the pipeline. But for 2006 we have Charlie and the Choclate Factory to look forward to![/quote]
Oh it's a pipeline coaster! (joke! :lol: )
But seriously it's good that the park is constantly thinking about new things and future attractions. Does management ever mention these boards as sources of ideas etc.? It would be quite interesting to know.
Dave

i was talking ot a friend of mine on sunday bout the tent. then asked if the ride was still in there.

id imagion they would take the tent down to remove the ride. woudl be needlesly fiddely to dismantle a rollercoaster inside a tent woudlnt it? and once the ride is down why put hte tent back up? i cant see the tent remaining once the ride within has been removed
Anonymous

[quote=""hj1984""][quote=""Thirst""]Nothing will be added to the x-sector this year. That is a fact.[/quote]

Well, yeah. That is well established. However, somewhere above I'm sure it mentions 2007 :wink:[/quote]

Yes, you are right.

Nothing will be added in the x-sector for 2006 but with some luck 2007 will be the year.
Anonymous

I do hope that they remove the canopy, as that will always be remembered as part of the Black Hole attraction and nothing else would look right in it and it would come across as 'making do'.

I'd like to think that a more substantial building will be put in it's place containing a Spiderman-esque type attraction.
Bailey

i think the Black Hole ride is sceduled to be removed on the 7th november! unsure about the tent though :?
Redcoat Jase

Do you think the Ropers would mind the smell of Burning Tent?!? :D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Squiggles

umm. where has it been confirmed nothing will open in X Sector for 2006? Nothing has been confirmed to my knowlege.
Edwardo..... move me!
Crofty

I think that the buyers of the ride would do well to take the tent with them it is so much better in the dark, and as it fits perfectly with the coaster they would be mad to not have it aswell.
If the tent does stay then i'm expecting some short term money making attraction for next season, laser quest or some sort of games centre, then a new ride for 2007.

:D :D
Squiggles

I'd have thought it would be a bad idea to keep the tent, as it would make advertising whatever attraction is in there much more difficult. (It it looks like the BH, the it is the BH, etc.)

Plus I reckon the would probably use the land more productively without the tent.
Edwardo..... move me!
georgiegirl

"umm. where has it been confirmed nothing will open in X Sector for 2006?"

well i had recived an email from AT the other week saying at present there are no plans to do change anything on the blackhole site.

Dont know about the rest of x sector though
Anonymous

Something could very well happen in 2006... no-one knows! We are apparently getting a sub-attraction of £90,000 in 2006. Unlikley though, I agree.

I'm starting to believe the woody is on it's way for perhaps 2007, but if not I'm not all that sure that we'll see a BH replacement, but if infact we do I really hope it's not just some "Flat In tEh dark tent r0x0rz". I'd much prefer a thought out dark ride (5D?) that will exude some more depth into X-Sector... with a new non-tent enclosure.

:mrgreen:
Jon

Its the whole secrecy thing when Oblivion came out, they might have an attraction built underneath it and noone will know what it is untilll.WOOOSH! Tent comes off and reveals something sparkley and fabulous. Or then again its just gonna get sold. :idea:
Formerly "Dagoo"