How I would improve oblivion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
X-sector wonderer

Look at the title for what im doing
Oblivion 2.0 exterior queue:
Thre queue starts near the verticle drop,As you wind through the out side portion,It's short.
The tv ad monitors are warped and technicle.Then you enter the lab
Interior queue:
The normal queue videos play with a one before you enter a corridor with only the oblivion queue music,The extra video is a CCTV shot near the resuface area to show EMPTY cars(I'll explain When i talk about the ride)

Station:
A empty car enters the station and staff are shocked,Thye try to cover up the fact that the car is empty(Ok,I may be copying off other ideas,But Im giving credit to whoever wanted a unload station after the sequence of turns but my version has more than turns)People load into the cars,And as soon as the car is about to leave the station you hear someone say,There is NO TURNING BACK

Ride:
As usual the ride starts with the lift hill,But it's longer,then you turn to face a longer more verticle drop as your held for 3 seconds then.you fall,Down the long verticle drop then you go through a helix and a loop then you go through some turns then you go through the outside breake run underground then you pull into the underground station,Then,when the train is empty,It launches into the normal break run
Anonymous

Oblivion does not need to be changed any inversions would ruin it in my opinion, if i could i would make it 22 ft bigger so it's drop is bigger than sheikra.
Makusu

I don't like the whole thing about the loops and turns and stuff, that'd ruin it alot!
But the idea of trains returning to the station with no people on is pretty awesome :twisted:
SW-Dave

Just a minute!

http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7378

Il have you for copyright if your not careful :P
Phang Obsessed

That would rock...now. Though when it was my first go on Oblivion, I most likely would've keeled over and died from shock and terror right then and there.

[quote=""X-sector wonderer""]A empty car enters the station and staff are shocked,Thye try to cover up the fact that the car is empty[/quote]
Not necessarily - it could be just "Oh damn, not again, another load gone, ah well. On you get." That would be so more freaky, you could have people fighting to escape from the station! Ok that's maybe not so good...

[quote=""X-sector wonderer""]There is NO TURNING BACK[/quote]
Ever met my friends, by any chance? That sounds just like them on everything, even the Ug Swings! Damn them trying to freak me out :x lol :) :lol:

EDIT: Having thought about it a little more...
Once you know the secret of why the cars are empty (underground second station and all that), it'll lose the shock of empty cars (unless you're forgetful like me :) ). What could be cool is if there actually is an underground station, right now, and some day they're going to hit the brakes on a car, unload it, and when it gets back...the people really have dissapeared. Random dissapearances would be less easy to figure out, especially if someone 'forgets' to tell the ride ops on the first station that there's going to be a dissapearance today :twisted:
Last edited by Phang Obsessed on Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
New signature being made, you better believe it biatch!
Anonymous

[quote=""Thirst""]Silly idea..[/quote]

Even sillier reply..
doom+sons1988

Hey I thought of the empty cars way before any of you. But not the cctv cameras and stuff that's pretty neat. I think the theme goes over people's head like Nemesis' does. No one knows what Nemesis is now because of the total lack of narrative, I wouldn't suggest a pre-show maybe a couple of queue tvs with a new legend video and safety instructions.

Oblivion has these and their really effective but the queue isn't themed very well and should inculde a pre-show just to increase the tension before the ride.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
adamrothwell

Yeh i think some videos in the Nemesis queue would be great! although seeing the ride flying past so close by makes you feel nervous enough!
Alton towers and Blackpool pleasure beach rock! check out !http://tbppbguideforums.info/bpb/index.php
For blackpool pleasure beach forums!
http://www.theblackpoolpleasurebeachguide.co.uk/
Beaver Dude

Hey I thought of the empty cars way before any of you. But not the cctv cameras and stuff that's pretty neat. I think the theme goes over people's head like Nemesis' does. No one knows what Nemesis is now because of the total lack of narrative, I wouldn't suggest a pre-show maybe a couple of queue tvs with a new legend video and safety instructions.
The Nemesis story is played in the queue it scares the heel out of me it starts like this: Got my head... Terrifying.
X_da_C

a 90 degree drop would be kool, any1 know why they went for 87?
srw985

so that the wheels stayed gripped to the track better so it was smoother ( i think )
Chester City Football Club
Soph

ah you cant really tell its 87° anyway, I didnt know that until someone told me.
X_da_C

[quote=""Soph""]ah you cant really tell its 87° anyway, I didnt know that until someone told me.[/quote]
look from the side its fairly obvious :P . i havent been on shiekra but my m8 that has said the extra 3 degrees does make a slight improvenment.
Luke excell

I think an under ground vertical loop wud make it cool plus the extra 3 degrees so its 90 degrees isead of 87
Anonymous

I think It Being an 100 woulld be absolutely awesome
Lozza

i think they mean to make it 100°.
i think that oblivion is fine as it is. Adding another station underground would be good for effects in the station but it would quickly wear off and adding inversions and helixes would defy(sp?) the point of 'the drop'
:D
Liam

However it would be totally un-economical for the park and almost impossible to dig an underground loop. Not to mention the fact that Health and Safety won't be vary amused with the prospect of an underground station. :wink:
SW-Dave

[quote=""Liam_""]However it would be totally un-economical for the park and almost impossible to dig an underground loop. Not to mention the fact that Health and Safety won't be vary amused with the prospect of an underground station. :wink:[/quote]

Why not? There are hundreds of underground stations in the country.
Liam

Yes, but this is rather different than an underground rail system. One thing is that staff would have to be trained, more than normal, for fire drills etc. but even if that is overcome at a large expense, an underground loop could almost definitely not be built in X-Sector.