In 10 Years Time...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Crazy Mike

You wake up and its 30th August 2015, you are on your way to Alton Towers Resort. What surprises will be there for you? Write your own trip report!
Crazy Mike

I entered the car park to notice several surprises. The first being the monorail cars had changed and were now looking new and from what was painted on the trains it was sponsoured by Cadbury's. We found a spot in the car park and got out, here is where I found my next surprise. All the old car park area that was near the two hotels had vanishes and now there stood a street filled with colourful buildings. As I walked towards the area in interest I discovered that they were themed resturants and show buildings. As I looked in on the windows I noticed several signs saying "Bring All The Family To The Fifth And Fantastic Hotel - Africanio". When I asked a lady what was going on she told me that Tussauds had built a new hotel for the resort this time themed to safari's and afric, she also said it was promoting the new zoo area inside the park. I was shocked by what she had said and told her that Chessington was getting a new zoo so to have two would be silly. She laughed and said, "Dear boy, CWoA isn't running anymore like it used to since Tussaud's sold it!" And then she walked off as I stood in shock wondering through the new Alton Towers Resort...

PART 2 ::: Coming Soon
Lozza

i was sooo excited this is my first trip in....10 years! how did i go so long without going? anyways i arrived at the park at 8.30- leaving plenty of time i thought as i had bought an annual pass so i was looking forward to the early rider time! yey. i arrived at the monerail station to see masses of queues and i soon found out why- there was only one monerail train! after 40 minutes i finally got to the entrance to swan past everyone. i was looking forward to my early rider time but it was 9.15 now so i would not benefit much. it was still for forbidden valley. i ran down towers street which was near enough the same except the odd advertising deal here and there and a big poster for the crazy frogs 50th album :roll: the picture perfect towers were still there but from what i could see they had had been slightly refurbished so i reminded myself to have a nosy later. soon i got to to forbidden valley- not as much change as i had anticipated but good old nemmy was there still going strong so i ran to the ride i had most missed. it felt wierd sitting in the same seats as i had done 10 yrs earlier and also not very nice- they were the same seats which looked very scruffy- not very nice! i ignored this and sat in the same seat i always sat in- back row, far right. the train clunked up the lift hill and made alot more noise then i remembered. i enjoyed the ride except nemesis was ALOT bumpier- i think i almost got knocked out! oh but my love affair will never end! i just wish i had made it to the 21st birthday earlier that yr but i was working :x next was air- another good favourite. when i got to the station there was only one station operating due to technical difficulties but guess what? the tunnel was finally done! strobe lighting, fog- the lot! just like on the advert so long ago! as the ride progressed i noticed more shrubs and a waterfall! the theming was definately better! after all those yrs we finally got what we want! i decide to look around forbidden valley but there wasn't much else except for a sign saying about future development in the area for 2016- suggesting a new coaster! ooo that would bring the coaster count up to 9!! almost the big '10'! i could hear a sudden roar and a rush of wind- it must be 9.30 and the woodie was open! i rushed over to ug-land to try and get a ride...

rest of trip report to come soon!
:D
plasticboy

I woke at 7.00am. Had my breakfast, got ready and made my way to the park n my new Bentley. :D . While follwing the same signs i followed to the park all those yaers ago, there was a big surprise. The signs pointing me to Alton Towers lead me onto a new road, i had never seen before. The 'Alton Towers Bypass'. Shocked by this discovery, i continued along the 3 lane road. After a quick 5mins or so, i arrived at a very new looking AT entrance. A huge sign with a new AT logo was strung accross the road. The 3 lanes the slit into seperate car parks, which seemd to be in the same place as they used to be. I then stepped out of my shiny Bentley, and follwed the signs to Monorail. The Monorail stations seemed the same as they used to be, but i was wrong. When i got inside the station, i discoverd that here were 4 Monorail tracks. 2 carrying visitors into the park, and 2 out! The troughput was fantastic. The trains were also new, decorated with ride logo's. Some new, and some a recognised. After a swift journey on the Air Conditioned, very smooth monorail, i arrived at the park gates. This seemed the same as ever, with the turnstyles to put in your tickets and the little huts to purchase tickets from. I aquired my ticket, went through the turnstyles and into the park. The Frogs were sitting there happy as ever on Towers Street, as was Towers Trading. Guest services was no a huge building, the same size as Towers Trading. I proceeded down Towers Street and headed straight for UG Land, and Rita. The Towers seemed newer and cleaner than ever. As i strolled past Hex, i realised a huge change. The signs that used to ne either side of the entrance had gone, and there was now a new sign above it, saying 'Hex-The second curse' on it. 'Must check that out later'i thought to myself!! I heard Rita roaring around its red track, that looked as though it needed a lick of paint. However, i was astounded to see there was no Corkscrew! An empty space, with fencing around it,and signs saying 'New. Worlds first coming next year'. I rode Rita, as fast as ever, and then made my way out of UG Land and went to X-Sector. This area was almost un-touched, apart from the new huge flat ride that stood on the old Black Hole spot! From there, i rode Spiball Whizzer, which looked surprisingly new, all shiny and clean. I next went o Merrie England. There was no new development like it had hoped for, just a tacky looking Flume. Never Mind. The pathway between Merrie England and Katanga Canyon had been made at leat 1-ft wider, and was now very easy to walk up. I soon noticed, there was no River Rapids. But a new state of the art water ride, in which riders were sat in Rapid style boats, with harnasses. The ride contained huge drops and many special water features. The Runaway Mine Train was still there, and looked as though it had recieved a recent re-furb, with a new train on the track.

TO BE CONTINUED..............
smeg_head

It as quite a shock arriving at Alton Towers. It was the first time I had been since the lost court case. Now I was standing in X Sector a huge area of nothing. Oblvions station was still there but now mossy and overgrown. The hole was still in the middle of X-Sector except the warning signs & fence were now real, not theming. Designed to keep the public from falling in. The ride its self had gone in 2009.

The Black Hole tent was also a mess. Holes showing in the skin. The money simply not available to fix or destroy it.

Tussauds sold Alton in 2009. They had battled the court case but lost. The ruling of a 30 decibel only noise had destroyed AT. Tussauds decided to sell up and invest in Thorpe – less restrictions meant they could invest their imagination & money to the fullest potential. Alton was bought up by Owners of Black Pool Pleasure Beach, but they too found things tough. They started building the long promised woodie but half way through another court battle halted construction. This led to a loss of £10 Million and a half-built ride. BPB pulled out while they could selling off the Hotels to Travelodge and a lot of land to a private company.

Alton lied there unused for 3 years. Eventually a large group of enthusiasts clubbed together and bought the much devalued park in a huge online operation. They found a wasteland. Many rides stripped of parts. BPB it seems took as much as they could to get some money out of the park.

Initially the enthusiasts could only open the park for tours of the towers and old rides. Ironically the towers now looking in better condition than the newer theme park elements. Now in 2015 Alton Towers is advertising rides of the newly refurbished Corkscrew and Log Flume. Work is progressing on Rita but it seems Forbidden Valley is a long way off operational. Some say it’ll be 2017 before Nemesis starts going again. The pit is over grown, parts of the structure weak and the trains need completely replacing. The enthusiasts have the know how – just not the money. Only the nostalgic want to visit AT these days. The thrill seekers all heading to Drayton & Thrope.

Still, at least the Swans are back…
Anonymous

:o That's horrible! I was reading that like ':o! No!' Nearly brung a little tear to my eye!

Can you imagine if that happened...just all us enthusiasts wandering around a deserted park, silently. The echoes of our past laughs and screams in our heads - occasionally so loud we think it's real and jump, startled.
Anonymous

*swallows three boxes of paracetamol and a bottle of Jack Daniels*

If that's the future, goodbye cruel world.
:cry:
John

So that we can all move on from the last, rather depressing, trip report here’s mine from 2015, which due to its excessive length I’m posting in 2 parts:

I arrived at the park slightly early as the bypass was so much quicker than all the winding local roads. On arriving in the car park the first difference I noticed was the replacement of the monorail will a new suspended monorail. The new one featured panoramic views from huge windows and it followed a slightly different route, the reason became apparent when passing over gloomy wood, a new broomstick themed booster bike coaster through the trees!

The entrance plaza had been tidied up but the main logo was still wonky, some things never change! Towers Street was very similar to how it was in 2005, but the view of the towers was no longer blighted by spinball, it had been replaced by 3 kids rides in the new adventureland.

I decided to visit x-sector first, as a ‘UK’s first for 2015’ ride was marked on the map. The area looked strangely dark due to the noise guards placed around the perimeter. Oblivion was still there, but was much quieter; evidently strict noise restrictions had been applied. All the other rides in the area had changed: in place of submission was a ride similar enterprise but with 2 differences: it was capable of inversions and the seating was split in the middle so that the sides could slide apart. This was named re-energize, in honour of the old favourite. Enterprise had been replaced with a giant version of Move It, seating 40 people on 5 arms: 20 people facing inwards, 20 out, this was named Dynamo but nobody remembered the old breakdance ride that once sat on the same spot, and had the same name for a short time just over a decade previously. The black hole tent gone and was replaced by a futuristic building, which housed the new ride a simulator coaster combination, for a totally disorientating dark ride.

I moved on to UG land, which now stood for ultimate g’s. Rita had been extended, diving into a hole near corkscrew and a few small hills and helixes had been added where it emerged beyond corkie, the launch speed had also been increased to nearly 80mph to keep up the excitement throughout the ride. It was then I noticed that corkscrew had changed too: it now had spinning cars, 3 cars to a train. The track had been slightly amended to take the new design but other than that the 35 year old ride was still going strong, and the new spinning cars were far smoother than the conventional ones. Going up the lift hill on corkscrew (backwards!) I noticed a large wooden structure on the far side of UG land disappearing across the valley– the woodie had finally been built!

Part 2 coming soon, apologies to people who I've 'borrowed' ideas from.
Jon

After a long car journey I was finally at alton towers. I swung opent he car doors with great gusto, then everything went black.
Formerly "Dagoo"
CGM

I got up one day to find that I have travelled 10 years into the future!

I get to the carpark to find that the area behind the monorail station has become a resort area with restaurants and bars and an extra hotel has been addaed. The monorail trains have been replaced and a new station building has been constructed.

Nice to see that Forbidden valley has not changed much except for Blade has been replaced by a KMG afterburner, There is a new flat ride next to air and Dynamo has been rebuilt. Gazing through the trees behind Ripsaw, I think I can just make out a turnaround of a woodie and then indeed, a red train bursts out from a drop and makes it's way round the turn. It also seems that the area around Air has now become an area in It's own right.

A new family flat has been constructed in Katanga Canyon and both the waterfalls on the rapids are working.

I walk down Towers Street expecting to see the bright colours of Spinball Whizzer but no. It turns out (to my delight) that It's been moved to the Black Hole site and enclosed.

As I enter X-sector three things become apparent. The first is obviously that the black Hole tent is no longer there and is replaced with a well-themed building containing Panick (peviously S-W), the second is that Submission has been replaced by a flying carpet style ride and the third is that X-sector is no longer X-sector at all and is now themed as Space World. This may seem pretty simular, but everything has been given a deep purple, grey and chrome finish and Oblivion is painted grey.

In Ugland, Now Shanty Shore due to a retheme shortly following Rita, Corkscrew is still there now celebrating it's 35th birthday. Everything has been given a Tropical Theme and Blade has been moved here and themed accordingly. Rita has been sold but a new ride has been built as a replacement, Rita Returns, the brand new Intamin Rocket Coaster which now darts through the trees around the area. The woodie, built in 2007 has It's entence in the centre of the area.

After a long day looking at the new Alton Towers, I go to bed and wake up in the present once again
towersdude

I arrived at Alton Towers at 8:15am in 2015

The same old road was atill there but i ended up parking in a new car park further away from the monorail building than ever! after a 10 minute walk to the monorail I noticed that new, larger cars had been added and repainted red and blue. I got on after a fairly short time because of more trains and arrived at Towers Street soon. I was too busy looking at the map that i forgot to look out of the window for what could be new!

Towers Street looked all the same and across the lake i could see the Towers Standing more magnificently than ever after its restoration, and too my delight I found out that the swan boats had been put back in during 2008 after a splashcart sank!

I decided to journey up to X-Sector to catch a ride on Oblivion but before i went i saw a kiosk booth advertising to pre-book fastrack tickets. Surely it must have a fast-track system by now i thought. But when i asked for a ticket for Oblivion the girl gave me a wierd look and said "im sorry but Oblivion was taken out after part of it collapsed in 2009 after the earthquake". Oblivion gone! what other surprises might be waiting for me.

To Be Continued.
Jon

[quote=""Dagoo""]After a long car journey I was finally at alton towers. I swung opent he car doors with great gusto, then everything went black.[/quote]

When i came around i found myself on the river bank playing tic-tac-toe with Dina which was fun. then john wardly came up to my wearing a brightly couloured pinny and a buray with a laptop and showed me this forum.

*shining music*
Formerly "Dagoo"
srw985

[quote=""james0507""]Editted!!pwned. ya rly! [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

watch it the mods will av u for that!
Chester City Football Club
Adz
Admin
Admin

We wont but we'll have you for that spam!

Don't do it again.

Back on topic. :)
tycoon_sawyer

December 14th 2005 - The morning paper headlines read " 17 YEAR OLD BOY IN COMER DUE TO VIDEO GAME " Some brief smaller word's read . Theme park lover Christopher sawyer was found at his pc desk lifeless this morning after playing Atari’s best seller " Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 " his mother anousesd her son has been making an Alton towers re creation on the game and it had taken over most of the boys daily activities . . . doctors say the game caused him stress at times and eventually he couldn’t take no more .

December 14th 2015 - The morning papers headline read - " MAN REGAINDS CONSONCENESS AFTER 10 YEAR COMER " Some brief smaller word's read . After suffering from a 10 year comer, Christopher sawyer woke up this morning at 6:48am . doctors and family are shocked and relieved, his mother's word were " A Miracle, " Nurse Adams witnessed the awakening of Chris and said " It was very strange, there was dead silence and the a grown and his eyes opened . . . he looked at me and said " Alton Towers "

Sawyer Alton Towers Trip Report 2015 :

This was the day i had been waiting for . I haven’t had time to check out the new ride's at the theme park due to press coverage and lack of time . but i planed a day to visit my dream park once more . . . The day started at 8am . . . i had a McDonalds breakfast proceeded towards the park . Everything seemed normal at the entrance plaza and I could see towers street was un touched, walking down towers street I saw something that shocked me . it was the towers ! looking fantastic they have been re done and fixed and looked more beautiful than ever, spinball whizzer was still to the right aswel . but something was not right . behind spinball whizzer lay a large building . it looked kind of like a large tube . a sign read above " Rotator " i was very curious towards the ride so i walked in . . . i sat in what looked like a 4th dimensional coaster car. and I was right . this was a 4th dimensional coaster car . and this was a 4th dimensional coaster . . . Strait ahead was sunlight and the car moved out into the sunlight proceeded up a lift hill around 140/150ft high . at the very top . peoples seats started to spin, the car shot down around a half loop up into a very smooth zero G roll, round a bend and then down a sharp drop flying over guests walking on the path below . . . block brakes pulled the car to about 14MPH . the track curved to the left and down under the ground into complete darkness . The G's on my face were unreal ! a few seconds later after being zoomed out in the the day light again the car whizzed around a tight loop and hit the brakes into the coasters station . . . I had just witnessed one of Alton towers new rides . and loved every second of it .

Part Two Coming Soon [ Need Sleep Sorry Hehehe ]

Sawyer,
- Life Is To Short -
Peterwittland

[quote=""Dagoo""][quote=""Dagoo""]After a long car journey I was finally at alton towers. I swung opent he car doors with great gusto, then everything went black.[/quote]

When i came around i found myself on the river bank playing tic-tac-toe with Dina which was fun. then john wardly came up to my wearing a brightly couloured pinny and a buray with a laptop and showed me this forum.

*shining music*[/quote]

Are you feeling ok :?:
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
Phil

[quote=""smeg_head""]It as quite a shock arriving at Alton Towers. It was the first time I had been since the lost court case. Now I was standing in X Sector a huge area of nothing. Oblvions station was still there but now mossy and overgrown. The hole was still in the middle of X-Sector except the warning signs & fence were now real, not theming. Designed to keep the public from falling in. The ride its self had gone in 2009.

The Black Hole tent was also a mess. Holes showing in the skin. The money simply not available to fix or destroy it.

Tussauds sold Alton in 2009. They had battled the court case but lost. The ruling of a 30 decibel only noise had destroyed AT. Tussauds decided to sell up and invest in Thorpe – less restrictions meant they could invest their imagination & money to the fullest potential. Alton was bought up by Owners of Black Pool Pleasure Beach, but they too found things tough. They started building the long promised woodie but half way through another court battle halted construction. This led to a loss of £10 Million and a half-built ride. BPB pulled out while they could selling off the Hotels to Travelodge and a lot of land to a private company.

Alton lied there unused for 3 years. Eventually a large group of enthusiasts clubbed together and bought the much devalued park in a huge online operation. They found a wasteland. Many rides stripped of parts. BPB it seems took as much as they could to get some money out of the park.

Initially the enthusiasts could only open the park for tours of the towers and old rides. Ironically the towers now looking in better condition than the newer theme park elements. Now in 2015 Alton Towers is advertising rides of the newly refurbished Corkscrew and Log Flume. Work is progressing on Rita but it seems Forbidden Valley is a long way off operational. Some say it’ll be 2017 before Nemesis starts going again. The pit is over grown, parts of the structure weak and the trains need completely replacing. The enthusiasts have the know how – just not the money. Only the nostalgic want to visit AT these days. The thrill seekers all heading to Drayton & Thrope.

Still, at least the Swans are back…[/quote]

I think i'm going to cry!

The weird thing is, i can actually picture an empty X-sector with an over-grown oblivion station, it's really really scary!
Peterwittland

I arrived at the park gates with a very pleasing sight, there were several bulldozers lined up destroying the ropers former home. The road to the carpark was several lanes wider and now had carpark toll barriers like at disney and universal. I asked the attendant what was happening to the house of two old people that made me feel sick in 2006, he claimed that in 2015 the Ropers had died and the land thier house occupied was researched and found to be owned by alton towers whilst it was used as the earl of whoever it was (i can't remember, sorry) house! so Alton decided to take advantage, on park i noticed signs talking about an extended park and new entrance.

I got to the monorail station that now moved underground as it accidentally collapsed on the rapids in 2011, the new train service (it wasn't really a monorail) was alot faster and had higher capacity. there was a large sign below the entrance sign, never altered saying "CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, 10 YEAR CELEBRATION!" how strange i thought, last time i saw it was opening day.

Part 2 coming soon, this post is long enough already :!:
John

Just noticed an error in my earlier post.
All the other rides in the area had changed: in place of submission was a ride similar enterprise
That should say similar to energiser.

Well for all you people looking forward to part 2 sorry you can't have as I've forgotten everything I was going to put in it.

Whatever it was it can't have been that good, probably just a woodie review and a new ride or two in forbidden valley and merrie england.
Peterwittland

Anyway part 2 as promised.

I walked down towers street and it looked as if it had been placed in a time capsule for 10 years, it hadn't changed a bit except for signs saying Chocolate towers 10, coming soon! I walked down to notice the swans were back after loads of people on this forum had signed a petition. The 1st pleasing thing I noticed was no SW, just a fenced off area like the one for oblivion saying "WORLD 1ST, COMING MARCH 2017" I just read the sign and walked by. I got to X sector to notice a very strange site, Oblivion looked different as the track seemed alot less wide, as I got next to it I noticed the track went 100 degree's, AT must have revamped oblivion as a Eurofighter which was kind of stupid. I looked towards the black hole site and saw a futuristic looking building not unlike oblivions station. Strangely enough inside was a ride called black hole: mission 2 and it was just like the Move it 32 idea Broken home mentioned all those years ago :shock: .

I didn't b other going to cred st as CATCF was closed and I was too tall for the driving school. I moved to Ug land to find a large Vekoma fifteenlooper called "The Alton Loop". also the whole area had been themed around racing, even RITA had been shortened to Queen of speed after a protest regarding bad names when the woodie got named wooden coaster, however like CATCF, it was closed.

Part 3 tomorrow.